1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video Ad Blocking Response Box

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by mtbrays, Feb 24, 2017.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm getting a Lexus video ad that overlays the response box, making it impossible to see what I'm typing. There's no way to click out of it or minimize it. I'm on a standard MacBook screen.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Go to Google and do a search for "Weight Loss Products". Then come back and hit refresh. The Lexus video ad should go away.

If that doesn't work, and you get desperate, you can crank it up a notch by trying the Google search incantation "Come hither SophiaWhite" but reports indicate sometimes that does more than replace your clutchfans video ads.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lol ... I'm sure you meant:
    Google search incantation "Go thither SophiaWhite"....Buuuuttttt I regress!;)

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Im sorry but the ad choice and shop related products on this website truely ruins the experience of this website. Ive heard that cancer patient ad million times and it keeps bumping my browers up to see it again. smh

5. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

This is the entire reason I'm browsing the feedback forum.

The ad situation is making reading threads almost impossible. Just looking for a fix.

6. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Adblock plus extension for Chrome completely remedied the problem for me.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have done this before but then you are costing the site much needed money to keep it running.

It's a big problem. These ads that autofocus the scroll bar are really ruining the experience.

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I keep getting a Boy Scouts one over and over, even after supposedly disabling it. I'm using Incognito, so AdBlock won't work.

It keeps jumping me up to the ad while I try to scroll down...this is making the site unviewable.

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

This BOA ad is ruining the site!