1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VICE Sports] The Rise of K.J. McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GanjaRocket, Jul 21, 2015.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bf0_iBmTksg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

its been posted many times in the KJ offer sheet thread. This is predraft btw.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Can someone explain again the clause KJ took heading into the draft to allow him to become a restricted FA after his rookie year (I believe he was the first under the new CBA)

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He just refused to sign a longer Parsons type deal as a 2nd round pick. He took a risk, it paid off.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We are going to be pleasantly surprised by this kid...

6. rocketsmetalspd

I am sure KJ will have the opportunity this season to be contributor to the team. His D alone will be fun to watch.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

He seems like a really good kid. I'd be happy to see him break into the rotation.

8. yo

yo Contributing Member

I still don't understand why he chose to bury himself in our depth. Unless there are injuries (plural), he ain't gonna play. He's clearly very talented and might turn out to be a star, so I'm just baffled.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is raw and learning the game. He had problems adjusting to a new and more experienced team behind Harden, and Brewer. He needs to work very hard in the off season to get big minutes. I like him, especially on defense, but honestly he would be better off on a team with more minutes and patient coaching.

#9 saleem, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015