1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz one of 12 teams inquiring about Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 21, 2017.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

true, and if we strike out on cp3 and lowry its the harden dog and pony show again.

i dont mind harden as a pg so long as he's got some go-to scorers with him. this year he had shooters and looked pretty good. with a guy like blake, george or even milsapp to take some scoring pressure off of him i think he'd force less dumb plays, and it would allow him to play to his strengths by being a facilitator first and a scoring option second.

if you pair him with cp3, neither is better off the ball that with it. the two won't be better than the sum of their parts. with lowry, we don't need both backcourt stars to disappear in the playoffs. I'd steer clear unless we really strike out on everyone else.

i'm totally fine trading bev at his peak value right now. i just don't see a need for cp3 or lowry when a rotation of harden, gordon, and lou can easily cover the guard spots. I'd rather spend money to upgrade at SF and PF. I think that would move the needle more, but like i said i wouldn't turn cp3 or lowry away if we struck out on the forwards.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. basketballholic

CP3 and Harden will be a deadly offensive combination and will be better together than separate if CP3 comes here.

BigShasta and YaoMing#1 like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Utah can go suck it

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I hope you're right. I just don't see it. I see one of them having the ball and being an elite facilitator while the other one becomes less effective off the ball. I'd rather have an elite facilitator paired with an elite off ball scorer. How do you think they will work so well together?

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Ariza and Bev are kinda a guys you keep

Pay them enough to still be able to have 3 stars on your team

6. basketballholic

Dude. There's 48 minutes in a game. If both guys average 32, that's 16 minutes piece for each man to run the show by himself. And 16 minutes for them to overlap. Do you really think they can't split up 16 minutes effectively? Do you really think neither man would help the team off the ball? You know, like LeBron, and Steph, and KD, and Kyrie, and Wade, and Kawhi do?

Or do you think Hardens scoring efficiency and volume would increase while his turnovers would decrease? And do you think Harden would have more energy to actually play some defense once in a while?

Look. Harden played with Russ and KD. So we know he can be very effective off the ball. And CP3 is one of the best shooters in the Association. We also know Harden throws the ball away too much. We also know he gets worn down by smaller pesky defenders.

I mean. Why am I even writing all this for you? Please dude.

#106 basketballholic, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you don't have to write all that to me. I guess I overestimated your ability to have a normal conversation without getting defensive about your opinion. oh well.

8. basketballholic

Not being defensive. If you can get Paul you do it. It's offensive.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we can agree there. I also agree that he would make us better. I just think there are better fits out there (especially considering age and durability), but beggars can't be choosers. If he says he wants to come here you have to sign him.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This is ridiculous reasoning. Trade Harden for Chuck Hayes with that logic.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I gotta think Bev wants out... why would we just be looking to move him? He's an important part of the roster, a fan favorite, and moving him clears up only a tiny bit of cap space.

Either that, or he's being used in some sort of block-buster. Why would we just dump him for assets when were trying to contend?

BigShasta likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hollic still acting like an insider huh, interesting

BigMaloe and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  13. basketballholic

Rubio with $20 million of cap left over would be better. :D

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Okay Mr. 1975

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

No, just tired old shtick. Ignoring barely even helps given how many posts reply to his particular brand of flat out lying.

16. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

**** Utah

DonKnock likes this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Is he r****ded. Does he not realize how good Hood and Lyles are?

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Thats awful. Thats SUCH a downgrade for Utah holy **** lol

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol i don't know, thinks they won't get a good pg in free agency as good/cheap as Pat, Adnerson would space the floor well and Exum is going to replace Hood :D

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would love hood on this team.

True Rocket likes this.