1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upcoming SI story to talk about alleged sexual assault in the Dallas Mavericks organization

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 20, 2018.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

He was already on the staff when he signed that contract. But still, horrible move.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. rockets13champs

Difference is Cuban didn’t know. And as soon as he found out he revealed it to nba. Cuban should get no punishment. I’m a die hard rockets fan but I wouldn’t want to see one of the better owners lose their nba team. Cuban does a lot for the nba not just the Mavericks. I’d be ok with a pick compensation tho. That would hurt their chances of landing a star in draft and waste a whole year of tanking.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Lmao Cuban 100% knew

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You actually believe he didn't know. He knew about the dude getting arrested and beating up his girlfriend. He's the one that came up with the contract idea.

Richie_Rich and ghettocheeze like this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If you actually believe Cuban didn't know, then I don't know what to tell you other than don't invest in real estate.

TMac'n and ghettocheeze like this.
  7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

He knew. But I agree with the rest of your post.

macho GRANDE and s3ts like this.
  8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I mean, maybe you were told about the Basketball administration part of things but man, I just know compared to the Spurs, I've come across way more nicer, professional people with the Mavs.
    I never had Mavs staff described unfavourably to me. I was around some of their staffers during my time in Dallas and I never felt they were any different than Rockets, Spurs, Cowboys, Texans, Rangers, Astros or Stars staffers, especially in marketing/sales departments (definitely a boys will be boys area). They're pretty much the same from what I gathered and observed.

9. macan

macan Member

Mavs is such a mess lol wish Parsons still with them right now

RasaqBoi and s3ts like this.
  10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It's not too far fetched that he knew... I guess Cuban thought he was worth the trouble... just like Dennis Rodman was.

#130 lnchan, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  11. Granville

Granville Member

Ussery helped Cuban create and found HDNET and served as CEO for 10 years. I doubt Ussery was a basketball only abuser. I guess the inexperienced Cuban was hoodwinked there too.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It’s not the point of Cuban knew about it or not, he already said he knew about it.

But then he used probably the most dumb ass excuse of all time : I kept that ******* in my organization so that he can’t go out to hurt others.

Forking brilliant!

"So when the second time came around ... the way I looked at it was -- and, again, in hindsight it was a mistake -- but I didn't want to just fire him, because then he would go out there and get hired again and do it somewhere else," Cuban told ESPN. "That's what I was truly afraid of and that was the discussion we had internally. It was a choice between just firing him and making sure that we had control of him.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Huge LOL at Dallas. Be shamed

Mavericks tanking for ZERO draft picks.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Strange how their was much more media coverage on the Rockets-Clipper scuffle that turned out to be nothing than their was on this story. I listen to 6 or so different NBA podcasts and all of them had covered the scuffle extensively the day after. Not one of these same podcast discussed this story. None. Not much on their twitter accounts either when they practically threw a party the night after scuffle. "NBA journalists' huh.

macho GRANDE and BigMaloe like this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I was waiting all day for a duncd on podcast about all of this but got nothing...

My guess, and hope, is that it’s such a serious and big news story that they want to wait and get the story straight before rushing to judgement. Whereas, the locker room things was clearly not as severe or detrimental.

16. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I always wonder how many of these perpetrators go to church after what they've done.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

This. Why does any of this surprise anyone?

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

At least Rachel Nichols (ESPN) covered it. Wouldn't surprise me if journalists are afraid to cover this, are instructed or requested not to pursue this story (by the league, Silver, Disney) or actually wait until all the facts come out. To be 100% clear: this is no laughing matter, a disgrace, shameful and down right ****ed up. Mark Cuban might have to get his ass sacked like Sterling. He definitely knew, a lot of people did and they created a hostile environment for women. Unacceptable!!

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If it comes out that he knew more than he is claiming, then the precedent has been set with Sterling. You add this to the admitted tanking and it at least rivals sterling's recorded slurs.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"I knew he was a problem for others in my organization, but I kept him anyway." I think he just stepped into every element a plaintiff would have to prove up to prevail in a hostile work environment related cause of action.