1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial] Cowboys @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

7:05pm on CBS

Announcers will be Gus Johnson and Phil Simms along with Tracy Wolfson on the sidelines.

NFL Network re-air on Monday at 3:00pm and Thursday at 8:00am.

The Texans have never lost to the Cowboys at Reliant Stadium. They are 3-0 all-time. 2-0 in preseason and 1-0 in the regular season.

This might be a pretty vanilla game. Since both teams play each other again in week 3, we could see just the basic plays from each team. I doubt either team wants to give away too much since the preseason means nothing.

The Texans installed a horn on top of Reliant Stadium in order to get the fans into their seats earlier. It will blow 30 minutes before kickoff and again 15 minutes before kickoff. Let's hope this gets the lazy tailgaters into Reliant and in their seats by kickoff. It sucks seeing a half empty stadium early in the game.

Go Texans!

2. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I'll be there in my seats before the horn sounds. Even though its a preseason game I'm psyched! Go Texans!

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

My lady and I are probably going to ride down to the stadium and see if I can't find someone with extra tickets before kickoff.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Most preseason games are marginally interesting; this one is an exception. If the Texans defense "sinks it up" like they did in N.O., there will be big trouble in Texanland. If McNair had not signed Kubiak to a long term deal, I would say his job is on the line and an embarrassing loss to the Boys would be devastating. However, an ugly loss will really just erode confidence in the team going into the "they must make the playoffs with the hardest schedule in the NFL" season. This is the only time when I cheer for a team opposing the Cowboys and that was the case through all the Oiler years; however, this will be the hardest time ever. I will lay on my couch with my Dallas Cowboys blanket and cheer for the Texans. Well, maybe for a half or until which time they look disinterested.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

National TV game. Sense of urgency to overcome the lack of urgency of last game.

Looking forward to it.! ! !

Go Texans!

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This is going to be great.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

No, it's still just a preseason game. Would kicking the Cowboys ass and losing in the regular season be acceptable?

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

I'd rather the Texans lose 55-0 today to the Cowboys and beat them in the regular season, then win 24-21 and get a Pro Bowler on our team to get injured and lose in the regular season.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol...wouldn't everyone rather lose a meaningless game in the pre-season if it meant losing a pro bowler & reg season game? LOL.

On that note.

I hope the Texans win this one something like 24-21..... ;)

Looking forward to the game. This has been a boring saturday / day off from work.

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

But there are alot of Texans fan who feel this should be treated as a Regular season game because of the rivalry.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I see it more as being the 3rd pre season game, so the starters should play a lot longer today than in the previous games, and then rest for the last bit of the pre season.

Time to test them out.

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It's not a rivalry. They've only played twice in the regular season. Astros-Rangers isn't one either.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

anytime Houston plays Dallas in any of the major sports, i get emails from my Dallas friends telling me how they're going to kick our ass and all that crap.

it's a rivalry anytime Houston plays Dallas. the cities are natural rivals. the teams are just an extension of that.

14. RocketMania1991

It might not be a rivalry for the players, but it sure as hell is for fans.

Battle for the best team in Texas.

I hate Cowboys fans more than any other,and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

That's not true at all. Just because cities are in the same state doesn't make them a rival. When you play a team every four years, a rivalry just isn't there. It's fun to say we're playing another team from Texas, but it's far from rivalry.

Eagles-Cowboys. Now that's a rivalry. Texans-Titans is one too. Cowboys and Texans have to play each on a regular basis, then we can talk.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Dallas and Houston are rivals. I didn't realize how much until I lived in the Dallas media market.

17. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

You might be thinking Rockets-Mavs because they play in the same division. But Cowboys-Texans isn't. UH-SMU is more a Houston-Dallas rivalry.

18. RocketMania1991

I present to you good sir a rivalry.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/27/cowboys-texans-renew-rivalry/

19. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

That didn't prove anything. First off it's FanHouse. No credit. And second it said it wasn't even like the glory days.

It's more of a rivalry on Texans fan side because they hate Dallas. But in order for a rivalry to exist, there has to be something on the line. ie. A division title, conference title. like Cowboys-Eagles. Or Cowboys-49ers in the 80's and 90's and that's proof that rivalries don't last. If Cowboys-49ers met now in a regular season game, it wouldn't be of glories past.

So Texans-Cowboys isn't a rivalry.

20. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I don't care if it's a rivalry or not. I hate the Cowboys, that's all that matters for me.