1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter loading....

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Dubious, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What do I need to change in the new format to see the Twitter posts? All I see is Twitter loading.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hmmm....sounds very dubious

1. Mobile or Desktop?
    2. If Desktop, is it Firefox? Go to link below
    3. The main question seems to be, do you have some type of privacy protection on
    Possible Firefox issue with Images/Tweets

Please ask questions in above thread, if it fits you.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

you might want to install the twitter app

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

What about seeing full tweets?

[​IMG]

5. Dubious

PC, desktop

6. heypartner

Read "Easy"s description of the behavior in the link I posted. See if that helps.

And post any findings for others in that thread. It helps to have a single thread about this while Clutch and the community are getting the hang of this new update. My gut instinct is it will be something we have to learn to deal with on certain browser settings until XenForo posts an update for Twitter media behavior.

7. Dubious

I use Chrome with Ad blocker plus, Privoxy and Ghostery. I assume one of those is stopping the embedded tweets from loading.
    I didn't look in the Firefox thread so merge mine into that and deal with the overall issue.

In response to that thread, I make a minimum effort to not be tracked but I don't really care. I do however have a particular distaste for ads and superfluous BS in my browsing.,

8. heypartner

@Dubious

Yeah, maybe a Firefox thread isn't appropriate here. Firefox has built-in privacy options that ppl are questioning.

The issue probably isn't Ad Blocker. I will switch to that if the ads start flaking out here, and haven't experienced any problem.

You'll have to help us then. Can you turn off Privoxy and Ghostery, and let us know. If it fixes it, then do it again one at a time and see if it's just one of them. Maybe we can figure out a workaround where you can still use them at cfnet.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I get JR's problem using Chrome with Ad Blocker. No problems loading it on my phone with Opera

J.R. likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. heypartner

@J.R. @Duncan McDonuts

Doesn't refreshing stop the half loads.

I experience it a lot ... I think in several scenarios. Can't say it's tied to a browser or plugin or phone/mobile ... just know that if I refresh, the half load problem usually goes away, so haven't investigated further.

I'm actually leaning to blaming that on the BBS javascript and not Twitter, browsers, plugins at all. I think it's not handling element sizing very well when Twitter loads don't come fast enough. But, that's a hard one to troubleshoot, as I don't find much consistency in when it occurs.

12. heypartner

For clarity,

The half loads are a completely different issue than the "Tweet Loading" issue. The half load means the request to Tweeter has succeeded. The "Tweet Loading" means the request is still waiting on a response.

Our Tweet Loading troubleshooting to date points to Twitter being blocked by privacy controls. Why it exists on the new BBS vs old is unknown.

The half-tweets means the content is getting through (just truncated), so plugins and browsers might not have anything to do with it.

J.R. likes this.
  13. Dubious

I deleted Ghostery from Chrome and Tweets now load.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Putting twitter links into threads either gives me a message saying I need to enter a valid message or it comes up blank when it lets me post

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm messing with it right now working on the ESPN auto redirect issue. Twitter works.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just FYI Clutch, I can't see any twitter posts when using my iphone (safari) browser.

It just says "loading tweet" where the tweet should be.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Started using Brave browser and cant load tweets. Anybody know the fix?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

On Firefox mobile, it's because I disable 3rd party tracking.

Prob the same if you use ghostery or Brave. Will have to fine tune what it blocks to accept twitter.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Twitter did a big revamp and its a lot more challenging to copy/paste tweets into web sites like ClutchFans. Previously it was simple, right pull down, copy tweet, then insert link into a post. Now, it looks like you have to right pull down, choose embed tweet, then paste into a post, then edit out extra characters so only the "Media=twitter" "/MEDIA" (replacing " " with [ ]).

Unless someone knows an easier, better way?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Almost as bad as what Microsoft did with Skype.