1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Last Ship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Jun 23, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still really enjoy this silly ass show, but the moment they found the cure, the show started to slide.

At least 5 black actors still in the cast and they kill off the Asian and the Jew? Progress... I know I've said it before, but this cast is extremely diverse.

Burk was finally going to get some form Ravit.. what a shame...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Are there other boats?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Last Ship still has "it". Good double-premiere last night.

The world's problems are so grave and the USS Nathan James is it's only hope.

I don't know exactly why this show works. I think it's a combination of not taking itself too seriously + very likable characters that are evolving well.

The (lack of) transition from last season is kind of corny but who gives a care.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I checked out when they killed Rhona Mitra's character, she was really the only reason I was watching, was it any good last season?

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you're a TV junkie looking for filler, then maybe its worth watching. This show needs to end.

Netflix and Amazon are giving the networks a run for their money.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Gotcha, think I'm good on going back to watch what I've missed. Too many other shows out there.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Didn't miss her one iota. But if she's the only reason you were watching, you made the right choice.

GRENDEL likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's really not required watching, Just mindless fun. Bridget Regan is the hottie that took over for Rhona Mitra's character. They doubled down too. She's hot, smart, a translator, I think a former FBI agent, and a sniper/soldier.. her character is op.

Rhona Mitra is on The Strain right now by the way. Another show not worth catching up on.

Brunette Bridget Regan > Alexandra Daddario

GRENDEL likes this.
  9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

She was great as a redhead on White Collar, too.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wonder if they'll have that Arleigh Burke destroyer hit a commercial ship, sans crew, of course (who are dead, naturally) and with some of the world's best radar systems actually in operation (no sure thing in the series, but available on the McCain and the Fitzgerald).

There are 17 sailors dead or missing after 2 collisions in the last 2 months in the Western Pacific, both ships being some of the most capable in the US Navy. Both are warships counted on to shoot down short and medium range ballistic missiles. We will be lucky if they are back in action in a year, considering that both experienced major damage. That there have been two collisions is shocking. It is very rare. Two of our guided missile cruisers also had incidents at different times over the last several months. One managed to hit a reef, and the other hit a fishing boat. The 4 ships represent several billion dollars worth of high end naval hardware. Sorry if I got off on a tangent, but what's going on? That isn't fiction!