1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Suits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Remix

Remix Member

What?? Reading that article I had no clue the actor playing Mike was leaving the show. Wow can't really picture the show without him...

Harvey without Mike is like a cheese pizza with no cheese

2. omgTHEpotential

The whole premise of the show is that Mike is this super-genius who can win any case for his client. But they didn't even try going that route. Instead this show turned into a ****ing soap opera. Ironically, the show as it is can lose Mike and still function reasonably well...

Sajan and A_3PO like this.
  3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I highly doubt that.
    We will see how it plays out but the storylines were already getting weak the last two seasons. Not sure how they rejuvenate it at this point. It's no shame for a good show to call it quits after a run of several years but the showrunner and USA network are foolishly hanging onto it imo. Well I guess it's not foolish if more eyes will tune in after the upcoming season but I doubt they will stay with the show(I'm sure there might be a Markle effect for the upcoming season).

USA have decided to be greedy instead of just being like Belichick and know when the right time to cut a player (show)

DreamShook likes this.
  4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Oh Jeez NO!
    Not Heigl!

She sinks shows (well not Greys Anatomy but the others she's been on). No, no, no. WTF.

hvic likes this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

They should instead do a spin-off of that Louis Litt character starting his own firm from scratch or something.

hvic likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They are already doing a Jessica Spin off. I'm waiting for that one.

7. Fantasma Negro

Well once Mike became a real lawyer it completely diluted the original premise of the show. Its just a sappy law firm drama. They should've ended the show when Mike when to prison, took a year off and come back as 'Specter - Lit' kinda like how The Closer became Major Crimes.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I lost interest in the show after it became too much of a sappy soap opera. I don't care about everyone's relationship issues.

A_3PO likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

That episode last night was abysmal and Harvey's simping was cringeworthy, "Donna kissed me" what is he a 6th grader now? Smh. Mike is being over-acted, like chill dude we get it. Rachel is redundant, all she does is sort files. Lewis had three lines, bullshit. If its this bad now I can't imagine how much worse its going to get when Heigl shows up. I might be done with this show

DreamShook likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I probably watched 30 minutes before I cut it off. I know the show is called suits, but man they spend too much time on the case of the week. I don't care about any of that stuff! I miss the good old days when Mike was smoking herb crushing on his best friends girl. The show started to suck before Jessica left the show, but now it's becoming unwatchable without her. It had a good run.

Dule Hill is annoying. They should have promoted Rachel's dad to series regular, he's awesome.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

They were going to but then he caught a domestic violence case and they reduced his role. Bringing him back as a series regular in this climate would garner too much bad press.
    Dule Hill brought less than nothing to the show except highlight Katrina's absence. I'm gonna give it one more episode, Jessica is back next week to set up her spinoff, but if the show continues to be an over mushy Harvey Spector simpfest I'm out

12. itony

itony Member

Someone mind posting/dm'ing me spoiler of what happened since Mike came back from prison? From past couple posts doesn't sound like it's worth catching up on but I'd like just like to know how the story has played out

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

She's more like a bad mechanic in that she crashes pilots, or a good bathroom cleaner cause no one sees her film.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Finished S7 yesterday; what a terrible finale and just awful season overall. A backdoor pilot for someone isn't on the show anymore? Plus adding Katherine Heigl? Ugh

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Had no clue this show was still going. I quit after season 3 or 4- just got too redundant with its writing.

primtim24 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still haven't wanted the last two episodes of season 7.

Smart man. I'm locked in.. I can't stop now since I've put in all this f-cking work.. I'm going down with the ship.

17. omgTHEpotential

Just watched the first episode of season eight. Wow. No lawyer work in the entire episode. Just superficial relationship drama. Oh man. Still, I might have been willing to continue on with this show... But Katherine Heigl seriously makes me consider dropping it. What a steaming pile of **** this show has become.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

The show is almost dead.

[​IMG]

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rachel's Dad is awesome. I'm glad Katrina is back even though she has become a caricature of herself from previous seasons.

I don't know why Suits didn't bring in another young Lawyer to fill in for Mike and Rachel. They should have done a very soft Reboot this time from the female perspective. Mike turned into a diet Harvey; It would have been cool to see someone turn into a diet Jessica.

One of the best things about the show was the Mentor/Pupil dynamic of Jessica/Harvey, Harvey/Mike and even Luis/Katrina. The show could have got some new energy with Harvey mentoring some young female lawyer (preferably a POC) that he will NEVER EVER have romantic feelings for like Jessica. She should also have some type of secret too for some B plot drama.

hvic likes this.
  20. hvic

hvic Member

Just show less of katherine and more Donna