1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This part reminded me of a part of a non-Star Wars related short story called The Assassin's Secret.

He doesn’t suffer the angst you’ll find in some professional killers well below his station, who might be the best at their particular specialties but will, inevitably, at some point, be handed an assignment so dirty that it offends even their sensibilities, requiring them to turn against their employers and their colleagues and redeem themselves with bloody massacres of the legions they were working alongside earlier in the week. You wouldn’t think that was the kind of situation that came up often but, really, if it’s happened once, it’s happened a thousand times. Many’s the professional killer who’s been ordered to off the one person capable of getting past a conscience scabbed over by time and circumstance; many’s the savage criminal empire that collapsed in flames with its primary assassin staggering off into a fresh dawn, holding the hands of the eight-year-old girl who smiled at him in just the right way. You’ve likely heard the stories. They’re accurate. It happens all the time.

#101 Joe Joe, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh got you. I didn’t think about that. Apologize

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. Entropy

Entropy Member

This was great. If you're into westerns, this is right up your alley.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that was as good as any Star Wars product that has been created

B-Bob likes this.
  5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I am gonna go way out on a limb and predict its the reincarnation of Yoda.I'll say its a trait his species has.

My one gripe with the show would be the main character always having a mask on. I hope that doesn't continue.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I had a hard time getting past Dr. Pershing wearing glasses. I mean, isn't this supposed to be in a galaxy far far away?

It was nice to see an IG in action.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

My guess is they didn't hire Pedro Pascal to just do voice work in a bounty hunter suit, I think the mask will come off at some point this season.

But what an awesome premiere this was, it felt more like Star Wars than a lot of the other stuff that's come out recently. I also have to say I'm kind of a fan of one episode being dropped per week as it makes it a lot easier to have discussions about individual episodes when everyone is generally on the same page.

Nook, Deuce, heypartner and 1 other person like this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

I knew I should have waited. The damn picture keeps scrambling like I'm watching 90s p*rn on the hot box. Anyone tried watching Episode IV or Sword in the stone with no hiccups?

9. Nero

Nero Member

I was a little surprised that the 'Mando' is apparently a youthful version who is still trying to come into his own, or however you want to describe it. Obviously he is already a stone-cold BA, but he obviously has a lot of issues to deal with.. orphaned, murdered parents, and the thing with the Valerian Steel.. er, Beskar Steel... and using it to level up his armor. He is the Star Wars version of Batman, I guess.. hehehe

And in all these years, Yoda's race has never been addressed, and so now it looks like the series is going to dive into that little mystery as well.

Will definitely keep watching.

Deuce, heypartner and Jontro like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Very cool. Agree with @Nero to be surprised, maybe a little disappointed that the Mandalorian is younger one, or at least not fully developed one. Was hoping for it to be Bobba Fett specifically, but outside of that was hoping for a hardened Mandalorian who had done this for decades. Doesn't mess up the show, just my expectations!

Also, did anyone else wonder what the tracker was? How did they have a tracker on the Yoda baby?

Nook likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I watched episode 1 last night. certainly not ground breaking amazing... but REALLY REALLY GOOD.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Watched episode 2. Good, fun episode. Disappointed this is a 30 minute series, was hoping for an hour each episode.

Still don't understand this tracking system. Are they just able to instantly track anyone in the universe that they want?

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yeah that one is a little iffy to me also. I thought at first it was telling them last known location but it would beep if they were close to the target. I hope they explain how it works because right now it just seems that anyone can be a bounty hunter as long as you got a beacon for the target.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Just finished episode 2. I really enjoyed it. It really took me back to the late 70's/early 80's cinematography of the SW universe.

fattz likes this.
  15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

calling it now because its disney and all - there will be a helmet reveal at some point and its going to be a female.

love the show so far but annoyed the episodes are so short. I thought they would be at least an hour long but they're not even hour long episodes by network standards (44 min w/o commercials) so far.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Lies. New episode felt even shorter

17. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I feel pretty meh two episodes in - I noticed on some of the other Disney + new content - man overall not great and pretty bad CGI

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

the first episode felt very ordinary. wouldn't have continued to watch the series until yoda. so now I'm a little intrigued.

a star wars show/movie without a jedi is very unappealing to me, but we'll see where this goes.

also what's the timeline on this? is this set right after the original series when luke killed darth anakin?

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Spoil that last paragraph dude!

Jontro likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member