1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Toy Soldier Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Jun 3, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was time to start sharing some of Governor Abbott, Cruz and Company's tweets and remarks too, since they are Trump's little toy soldiers representing Texas.

IBTL, Andre0087, adoo and 4 others like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I do not stand with the looters like you Deb.

I say prosecute them. I stand with the governor.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't stand for looters! My point is that Trump ONLY sees looters, and has no empathy for the people protesting in peace. He feels threatened by people wanting change, and those standing up for a corrupt and destructive system of law and order.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Governor Abbot has more guts than these cowardice able bodied looters. I’ve met the guy in person, a great guy and his story is inspiring.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

We can always wish that they would ever come here.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Deflection once again!

IBTL, Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The good news is that every state has an urban center where people can congregate and demonstrate. You don't need to head to some random-ass town to make your feelings known. This idea that agitators, protesters, and looters are not your own but some outside force is total bs.

I saw de Blasio say the same, that they had antifa coming from out of town to cause trouble. These guys don't live in Boise. They likely predominately live in NYC, San Fran, LA, Seattle -- the big urban centers on the coasts and they go downtown to be heard. Maybe there are some in Buffalo that drive to NYC to cause trouble, but they aren't aliens that beam down from space. If they don't live in town, they're your neighbors.

This tired rhetoric goes way back. Even in the French Revolution, royalists blamed the turmoil on foreign agents. And then after they won, revolutionaries blamed the counter-revolution on foreign agents. It is a lazy way of denying the complaints of your own constituents.

Abbott, 99% of the people protesting peacefully or criminally looting and vandalizing are Texans. Do not try to deny the outrage by pretending it isn't Texan. It absolutely is.

Deckard, jiggyfly, Ziggy and 3 others like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Did he stand with the protesters in Texas and speak to the people and listen to their concerns? I don't know, but my guess is he is doing as Trump and only seeing the looters, and not talking with the peaceful demonstrators. Texas and our nation have a problem that goes far beyond the looters. Too many innocent people are brutalized and killed by the dirty and racist cops among the good cops.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So should white nationalists be declared a terrorist group?

IBTL, VooDooPope and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Mojoman faints

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with that. Long overdue.

T_Man likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you are concerned that the current administration is selectively choosing what to label a "terrorist organization" purely on partisan grounds?

Do you think that is somewhat fascist like? It seems like a tactic a fascist would use.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Can you explain why Antifa - despite not having killed a single person - is designated as a terrorist group where as white nationalists which have commited acts of domestic terrorism resulting in 100's of deaths in just the past decade is not?

Also, how do you reconcile the fact that persecuting someone for simply identifying with a group would violate their 1st amendment rights?

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You're speaking to someone who once dated a liberal - so he knows liberals better than liberals know themselves.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not sure what's wrong with the original tweet, to be honest?

Crossing a state line to commit a crime should be federal. He didn't say (in the tweet at least) that everybody was from out of state.

He simply stated something that should be true.

I'll find something else to be outraged by. Like the fact that we have a criminal in the White House. He's most likely a child molester, possible sex trafficker, and potentially pulling the strings on murders. Also, he's murdering the very fabric of our nation.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

humor alert

Astrodome likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

You are good at finding relevant articles and posting them.

Can you find me an article regarding actual investigations of Antifa chapters and their organizational structure along with who is on he FBI's target list of important members? Also can you find me articles of investigative work that actually took the time and effort to trace he people caught on video wearing all black and throwing bricks and determine their backgrounds because all I've seen so far is the White House and right wing ideologists with zero common sense skepticism just label any account with a person in black as "antifa". The only thing I found so far that you linked is 2 individuals with a face and name being arrested and potentially charged with domestic terrorism charges.

I think someone as yourself who values individual liberty and a government that doesn't restrict ideas and speech should ask these questions of our government when they label a domestic amorphous group of people "terrorists". Are you worried how easy it is for the government to label entities as terror groups?

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Doesnt really matter what i think but i wouldnt say it is purely partisan. Its not like conservatives would he upset if the white power faggots that are labeled "right" would be considered terrorists. If you want to make a practice of defending antifa then continue on.

20. fchowd0311

Upset? The White House if they wanted could have labeled white supremacist organizations as terrorist organizations also. They have the power but they are only coincidentally labeling their ideological opponents as terrorists. I'll ask the same questions I'm asking @Os Trigonum .

Can you find me an article regarding actual investigations of Antifa chapters and their organizational structure along with who is on he FBI's target list of important members? Also can you find me articles of investigative work that actually took the time and effort to trace he people caught on video wearing all black and throwing bricks and determine their backgrounds because all I've seen so far is the White House and right wing ideologists with zero common sense skepticism just label any account with a person in black as "antifa". The only thing I found so far that you linked is 2 individuals with a face and name being arrested and potentially charged with domestic terrorism charges.

I think someone as yourself who values individual liberty and a government that doesn't restrict ideas and speech should ask these questions of our government when they label a domestic amorphous group of people "terrorists". Are you worried how easy it is for the government to label entities as terror groups?