1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know I think he's a racist based on his behavior, but it is definitely possible that he's just doing that stuff to advance his agenda and get attention. Functionally it shouldn't make much difference to voters either way because it has the same impact, but yes, I'm allowing for the possibility that he's just a total fraud, even on the racism.

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Never heard of any of these groups/websites. But apparently you are familiar with them ……

#1002 BruceAndre, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I'm familiar with them. You can read their quotes praising Trump's racist tweets and acknowledging that the tweets are racist and how happy that makes them.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No wonder I couldn't find it when I tried to google it.

Is it possible that you don't have the social awareness to be able to distinguish racist statements from non-racist ones? Your sleight of hand suggests you literally would think any criticism of a minority would be categorized as racism by liberals, rendering you unable to create a hypothetical statement that would create the gotcha you were looking for. I have a hard time believing you don't recognize racism when you see it, but you might have convinced yourself that liberals really will call anything racism. Reminds me of that study posted earlier about how partisans see the opposition in caricature.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I understand what you're saying but I believe the duck test suffices here. Trying to fine comb the issue provides a distinction without a difference imho. That he also happens to be a liar, a fraud, and a horrible human being just adds to the severity of it all.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

So infested is a trigger word when not referring to you but intelligence is not when referring to you? Ok, I just want to know the rules, it’s all anyone wants. So to recap Infested referring rats in city bad, Not intelligent referring to you good, ok got it!

BruceAndre likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Good lord, no. If there is some algorithm to apply, it'd be a lot more complicated than that. Detecting racism requires the application of a little bit of human empathy, and then it is easy. You just have to want to try.

FranchiseBlade and NewRoxFan like this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Guess I need to get me a pair so I can see what you guys see.

Except ones that work for all races.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

What a putz.