1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More than anything, they're genuine Congresswomen who were elected by their respective districts to represent them in the House of Representatives. The party that still boasts Steve King has no place to say anything about freshman congress members whose latest "controversy" was wanting to end the detention of Central American migrants in a bunch of cages.

Jayzers_100 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Turns out by tweeting "go back to..." trump broke the law...

4. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Turn off the Blaze mick fry.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Better wake up.

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wow if that is what the law says again this DOTUS has shown he doesn't need to be in office.

adoo and B-Bob like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure Trump is a racist and yet he probably has never committed an act of violence against a minority. But the "totalitarian left" is a lie - if you believe that then you are lost. The right is the side that seeks to subvert democracy at every turn overriding supreme court decisions, putting people in prison, and favoring rule by decree.

Trump can continue to incite violence against minorities, but I do not think it will help the right gain power. In fact it will do the opposite. It will destroy the right.

9. adoo

adoo Member

as evidenced by Pelosi and fellow Dems, along w 4 Rep, passing a House resolution that condemns Trump's racist tweets.

also, this happened

The Onion posted this, sarcasm intended

Then, the 82-yr old Congressman retweeted the piece to the 4 new lawmakers of color

AOC extended a warm welcome

#409 adoo, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. foh

foh Member

If you are going to throw "enemy of the people" claim around, at least provide a link. Let us check the veracity of your statements - something good journalists are required to do and by doing so help keep our politicians honest. (Also, lazy professional athletes? What are you even talking about? Does NBC even have a proper sport section??)

Here is a link from a recent NBC article:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...n-condemning-trump-s-racist-comments-n1030266

All the mentions of "racist" tweets are either in quotation marks (ie quoting another source) or references to those quotes.

And since you don't seem to consider this racist or all that bad, why don't you go to North Korea or China for saying something so disgusting (calling American press enemy of the people). And if you happen to be Asian and I had seen you in person (or pictures), I would consider my statement just now racist. And therefore would switch up the country to, say, Iran or Russia (countries with very limited/non-existent opposition based media). And most upstanding people with developed EQs would too if they didn't want to be accused of being Racist. Not sure why you don't seem to realize that.

12. foh

foh Member

Obama before him could be easily described as a man of good family values, of non-xenophobic views and highly respected by his administration team and allied world leaders. I wish I could use any of these qualifications for Trump. Not sure your apparent "what aboutism" can hold water. Trump has no values and therefore can not possibly lead. He is a horrible leader.

13. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Trump happen.

14. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Obama was very well dressed and spoke eloquently, but was heavy handed on proxy wars and drone strikes that murder innocents. He also was a wuss on foreign issues and in dealing with other countries. He's a pushover and that's why other leaders liked him. He was a neolib and he played ball with the other neolibs who held power at the time in Europe.

Trump says mean things on Twitter but is more in favor of peace. I really don't care about the rest of the world's agenda. If they don't like us, they can deal with it. We don't need to kowtow as the world is booting out neolib idiots and switching to more sensible policies. Those old guard leaders hate Trump because he's the face of a shifting political paradigm, and he's boorish.

Yeah I think I know who is a better leader and had better values. It's not Obama... he's just Bush light. Lining up a lot of people and shooting them is a war crime but somehow the left and right love giving presidents a pass when it's all done from a computer and it's a drone doing the slaughtering of innocents. Future generations will outlaw such practices and decry them, and I know who will be on the right side of history on this one.

Also Obama started the detention facilities for immigrants and was openly against allowing immigrants with children to stay. He must be a nazi by the far left's standards eh?

16. foh

foh Member

you sound triggered.

i can respond to obama's immigration track record but either way it doesn't make him a xenophobe the way trump openly is. although Trump being that sounds like a positive in your book - you should've said so from the start when I asked for a list of positive values you can attribute to Trump. Is him being boorish peace lover also a positive? America has done proxy wars throughout history to defend it's geopolitical interests. It is where it is today in terms of influence thanks to those wars. I don't know what's wrong with that. War crimes? Are you not a red blooded, gun toting, proud American? Unlike fake machismo Trump, screaming at congresswomen of non-Caucasian descent to go to their own countries for saying disgusting things about America, Obama ordered drone strikes on people like Osama Bin Laden (who also said disgusting things about America and were setting up terrorist networks to try and kill American families). Get your priorities straight, Sir.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Can't tell if you are stupid, trolling, or both.

mick fry likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and durvasa like this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

'

actually,

all the Dem voted to condemn Trump's racist attack; 4 GOP members split from the party line, joining the Dems to condemn Trump

what a difference a House Condemnation resolution make !

in a roundabout way,
    • Trump is acknowledging that the passage of the resolution has strengthened Pelosi's political standing, that she is above parliamentary procedures.

• Trump is acknowledging, albeit begrudgingly, that these 4 are duly elected lawmakers in America.
      • No longer using the "go back to your country of origin" attack, which amounts to an admission that it was racist
        • perhaps he is worried that the racist attack would help the Dem presidential candidates to raise more $$, which can lead to more voter turn-out among women of color

A dead give-away that he has lost the battle is when Trump begins to back-pedal.

#419 adoo, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. foh

foh Member

When people refrain to name calling, it usually implies their displeasure at what is being said to them. At least @mick fry gave you some validation. You two should go have a circle jerk validation racket with the very stable genius currently in the white house instead of trying to have a serious debate. He loves that **** (most recently, according to the British Consul leaked cables) over robust policy debate too. At least the "heavy handed" professor from Harvard could read and evaluate policy proposals on their merit and be a leader instead of listening to the consensus in the room to make a choice and be a puppet. So being "stupid" must bev a compliment if coming from a Trump supporter.