1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's catastrophic presidency suffers another embarrassing setback, will his supporters jump ship?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Mar 14, 2018.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trump's presidency is basically the Titanic at this point.

In the latest brutal defeat, a Democrat won a House seat in a district that voted for Trump by a 20 point margin. Trump's desperate plea and rally over the weekend fell on deaf ears. This proves that many of his voters are starting to realize that he's an all-time bad President, overseeing one of the most dysfunctional White Houses in history. Everyone there is getting fired or resigning except the one person responsible for it all, Trump.

I gotta admit it is enjoyable seeing all of the Republicans sink alongside him, some of them too stupid to realize what's going on.

Deckard likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's well earned and deserved.

Deckard likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Jokes on us. Those much hyped swing voters were already sunk. It was win win for them.

They'll just disappear into heroin induced paralysis until the next shyster promises them and only them the moon.

krnxsnoopy and Nook like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not really enjoying any aspect of this aside from my appreciation of absurdity.

45. The fact that millions still support him. The lack of congressional backbone. The fact that people gladly abandon clear facts. What this will do to our country and our basic functioning over time. What it has already done.

All horrible. Not enjoyable if I love my country and planet.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Is it his supporters turning or is it just an overly energetic democratic base actually showing up to vote?

6. amaru

amaru Member

I'd imagine it is a bit of both.

Deckard likes this.
  7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is all too dystopian in nature. I am concerned certain factions who have long wants the wanton disregard for democracy and the procedures of our republic have discovered they were nowhere near cynical enough when it comes to our public. All the ideological rigmarole and framing of their policies was just not really necessary, or just not necessary anymore. The RNC is in double down mode, by and large, and has crippled our system of checks and balances.

Trump is horrible. And if he isn’t thoroughly investigated and exposed and held accountable to the republic, what comes next will be even worse.

krnxsnoopy, arkoe and B-Bob like this.
  8. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Nice try at spinning that but that result is in no way a barometer on Trump no matter how much you'd like it to be.

It really speaks to the quality of the individual candidates and not a wider trend. Young, charismatic candidate against an older, aloof candidate. Not only that, but Lamb cast himself as a Republican in all but name. Pro tax cuts, pro guns, anti-Pelosi, pro-life.

When the democrats have to walk and talk like republicans to even give themselves a shot at winning, it does not bode well for the future of the party as a whole, because your party leaders are moving farther and farther left.

cml750 likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Trump made it a barometer when he claimed (falsely) that he was 5-0 in special elections. So, if the President claims HE is 5-0 (again a false claim) HE is making it about HIM.

krnxsnoopy and Nook like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Walk and talk like a conservative with a (D) label in a district that has voted hard line GOP for 3 decades and Trump won by 20 pts.

Yes, it makes sense in one of the most red districts in the nation, you wouldn't have a Bernie Sanders lite running in that campaign.

You are just too dumb to realize that not every district is like PA18. There are countless purple districts that are up for grabs where a leftist candidate can win.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

o_O

“I just want to say, I don’t use the term ‘pro-life’ to describe what I personally believe, because that’s a political term. It’s not one that you learn in Catholic school or anywhere else in the church,” he said.

“We believe that life begins at conception,” he said, “but as a matter of separation of church and state, I think a woman has the right to choose under the law, so I would vote against” a ban on abortion after 20 weeks.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/conor...-against-20-week-abortion-ban/article/2011744

Health care: Lamb criticized the GOP attempt to repeal Obamacare and called for bipartisan efforts to stabilize its markets. "I'll work with anyone from either party who wants to help people with pre-existing conditions, improve the quality of care, and reduce premiums, out-of-pocket costs, and prescription drug prices," he says on his campaign website.

Taxes: He called the GOP tax bill a "giveaway" to wealthy Americans and said he supports cuts for the middle class. "We didn't need to add a penny to our debt to have the tax cut for our working and middle-class people," Lamb said in a debate.

Gun control: He's called for a stronger system of background checks but no new gun restrictions. "I believe we have a pretty good law on the books and it says on paper that there are a lot of people who should never get guns in their hands," Lamb said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/pennsylvania-18th-lamb-saccone-on-the-issues/index.html

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Both but probably more of the latter.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ace might be thinking of the actual grand old party of the past, prior to the current extremist group. Who am I kidding.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You didn't convince me.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only is @Aceshigh7 wrong in almost everything he posts here regarding not only Trump losing 5 in a row in the most recent elections, but Lamb is a traditional new deal Democrat who favors unions, healthcare, education spending, etc. He's also wrong in the other thread in which he's stepped up his interest.

I really wish he could get some perspective on this.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

mtbrays, krnxsnoopy and R0ckets03 like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think this Democratic takeover will eventually lead to open borders?

18. conquistador#11

Life isn't always fair. I can't help but to think of a great man, Juvenile. He had it all, the lyrics of oppression in the Magnolia projects. A style so profound and unique that transcended the norms of southern hip hop moving cultural boundaries and integrating all races. The way Juvenile described the female beauty was poetry. Yet, it was some lil' opportunist punk that became the face of Cash Money. A shout out to Juvenile, thank you for your life! (on my bill walton like rant)

Trump supporters won't abandon trump. They would have to catch Trump saying TREMENDOUSLY terrible things about them at one of the pep rallies.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The answer to this question is almost assuredly no, but for the sake of conversation, define "open borders".

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

"I played this stinkin' city, like a harp from hell!"