1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to resign?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by smitheygerard, Aug 18, 2017.

1. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The guy that said it wouldn't have any real insight, but if he was right, I don't think many would be sad to see Trump go.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I will believe it when I see it.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It would be sad to see the most entertaining president in history go. :)

#4 pirc1, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Trump is the just the result of a more systemic problem. I'm more concerned to see if his supporters will eat crow and change, and also if the Republican party can get back to being a party of truly good values - not a party that just supports the interests of mostly rich morally bereft [white] people.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Political parties are a disgrace and will ultimately lead to our demise.

Should have listened to good ole GW...

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ghost writer has been very, very critical of Trump since his election. I get the impression that he basically feels guilty for helping create the mythos of Trump as a competent businessman.

Not that I disagree, but it's not like he's Trumps BFF leaking inside info.

8. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

So general consensus is that it's click bait?

I'd say that's more or less what I figured.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why? I do not think so. He tried so hard to get elected, there is no a reason to resign without a big fight with anyone. Also he likes to have a chance for a attention, he likes to talk too. The president position gives him both.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, weirdly enough he'll always be able to attract staffers and will never have to actually work to gain a sense of accomplishment or importance. If he realized he didn't have to speak for himself either he'd make his life a lot easier. Impeachment isn't happening, either; not without a completely different Congress and a new Independent Counsel law.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Trump resigning would be a relief to people in both parties. On the whole, it would better news for conservatives than liberals.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. The Stig

The Stig Member

His ego would never allow it. And for those of you who really want Trump gone, you do know Pence is next in line? On a left/right scale, where 1 is antifa and 10 is alt right, he's probably around a 8 or a 9.

I'm gonna say this is click-bait-y.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, agree, and so I think this is just useless clickbait. Trump will stay.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The quicker the stink starts going away, the better for Republicans. The longer Trump stays, the longer he tarnishes them.

For Dems, they should hope Trump stays all 4 years (or at least through mid-terms) so they can maximize the political advantage.

Trump resigning immediately is the best thing for the country itself. The notion he would "grow into the job" is a pipe dream. His insecurities, inattention to detail, selfishness, tantrums, inability to focus and understand complex concepts and the way he lashes out in anger at friend and foe alike proves he is unfit for the job. Bob Corker said it well.

Forget draining the swamp. It's time to take out the trash.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It's some guy with no inside information making a prediction. No different than your neighbor.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We're still not a Russian province. If he resigns and goes missing it will be a message to the other double agents.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not really IMO.. They have a leadership problem just like Democrats

The thing Republicans don't want to admit about Trump is he rallied the base with the same dog whistle politics Republicans have been using since Nixon

Instead of a dog whistle he has a bugle

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Better for the country if he resigns. Probably better for democrats if he stays through the midterms. He literally can't get anything done. Sad!

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Better for the Democrats, if Trumps has a long drawn out trail on his pre-President crimes, gets convicted and is awaiting appeals while serving his sentence going into the 2020 elections.

And, as outstandingly preposterous as this scenario is, this might be a likely scenario. Trump has guarded his tax returns as if they contain very damaging information perhaps even criminal. (Felix Sater has reportedly said that he and Trump are headed to jail.) . How many would be surprised if Trump is found guilty of laundering Russian Oligarchs money? Since Trump never admits his mistakes, his conviction would be aggressively appealed ... all the while Trumps would be screaming "witch hunt", "fake news", "deep state", etc and Trump would be rally his core to fight this injustice. With his back against a wall, Trump will never step down, even if he is sitting in a jail cell. FDR had fireside chats; Trump would have jail-side chats.

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I guess time will tell.

The same people who went from "What Russian interference in elections" to "What evidence of collusion" then to "What crime was committed" will deny, deny, deny until the very end; hoping the rest of us will suddenly say "You're right, nothing to see here! let's not do any more investigations". Just like Trump and his tax returns, they just hope the issue will be dropped because they're afraid what people will potentially find out as they dig deeper. Witch hunt! Fake news! Lol

It's funny because the more "Republicans" are complicit and the more Trump tries to hide, the longer this gets dragged out and is worse for Republicans.