1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump snubs Dallas’ top law enforcement officials, all black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Jun 11, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Way to keep on brand

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ing-and-race-in-dallas/ar-BB15lW8z?li=BBnb7Kz

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump heads to Dallas on Thursday for a discussion on race and policing that excludes the three top law enforcement officials in the county – a police chief, sheriff and district attorney who all are black.

The White House defended the snub, insisting the president will still hear a diversity of views before heading to a $10 million campaign dinner with two dozen donors who pony up at least $580,600 each for a meal and souvenir photo.

The exclusion from a roundtable on police-community relations brought a sort of resigned condemnation from Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot. Without himself or Dallas Police Chief U. Reneé Hall or Dallas County Sheriff Marian Brown, he said, “of course [Trump] would not be getting the full picture of advice from law enforcement. I don’t know who he’s going to get it from. I mean, we are the people on the ground.”

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

stuff like this is why I can’t act like he doesn’t know what he’s doing with holding a rally on June 19th in Tulsa

Rocket River, B-Bob, Blatz and 12 others like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many of those donors have received, or will receive millions in bailouts for their "cough cough" small businesses.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

How can one keep defending this clown he basically had a KKK meeting with dallas police no black official was there even though it has been reported that the mayor was invited.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Of course he knows. People are making a mistake if they think Trump is a stupid man. He is calculating in everything he does. He knows damn well and is purposely dividing people.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A trump supporter told me that Trump passed a justice reform bill that freed 90% black people and lowered black unemployment. So, Trump can't be racist.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

They weren't invited because they would have actually had the gall to speak truth to President Cheeto-Head. This made them far too uppity for DT's photo op. This was a hastily arranged media show for the MAGA crowd nothing more.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump and his campaign pushes this very hard.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I can believe that. Given how fragile his ego is they probably didn't want to risk something that might upset him.

RayRay10, VooDooPope and Blatz like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of the people who support him don't care about that. The supporters care more about their stocks and tax benefits for the rich. Then you have those religious people who carry a Bible in one hand and a Confederate flag, swastika, or white hood in the other hand.

#10 deb4rockets, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    RayRay10, T_Man, edwardc and 2 others like this.
  11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

"and if they don't like it they can go back to the country they came from."

I'm sick and tired of him and his supporters. I don't know how he has any remaining. Makes me sad for our country.

RayRay10, T_Man, cheke64 and 3 others like this.
  12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

and then there's the single issue voters who don't care what he does as long as he puts anti abortion judges in high places.

I asked a friends mom who is devoutly catholic and a trump supporter and that's all that matters to her. the unborn. no the kids in cages, or using the military on peaceful protesters, or anything else at all. Just protecting the unborn.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guarantee you that she uses that "unborn" as a means to provide cover for her support. If Trump were to all of a sudden say he is no longer going to appoint anti-abortion judges - they would still support him.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ballsy because he doesn't realize, he's begging to be assassinated by scheduling it there on that date. But it is TULSA, so..

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Oh, he knows. Someone has told him, even if he didn't know.

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't understand Catholics, and never will. I don't really understand church in general, but especially Catholics.

You're a devout supporter of anti-abortion rights, but you support life ruining child rapists that hide behind the perverted veil of their religion?

(Talking in generalities here of course)

A local Catholic diocese here used Covid-19 to delay payments that they were court mandated to lay to child sex abuse victims. How sick is that?

RayRay10, VooDooPope, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I used to think that but now his calculations are just stupid.

And he is saying a lot of just stupid things lately.

Hot knife through butter?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Security around Trump is already high and it will no doubt be extra high around this. I know when Trump speaks they set up a security cordon extending at least a block around the venue. My guess is this will be extended in Tulsa. When Trump spoke in Minneapolis last October they also shut down all the highway access between the airport and downtown for several hours. I ended up being more than 15 minutes late for a meeting because of the detours.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yep but they do need to tell him to read the Bible while learning how to hold it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member