1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Aug 25, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

DudeWah likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, okay, even better reason for the pardon.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The dude should have gone to jail and died there for all the crimes against humanity he authored.

DD

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Mother****er should have had to spend 6 months in a cell with Jose "Big Bubba" Garcia. :mad:

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL again, you are such an overly emotional child about this, it's impossible to take you seriously. Anyway, it's over over, try to calm down.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am embarrassed to admit this but I always pictured that generalismo sheriff who wore all the fake medals when people talked about Arpaio.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Didn't Trump also commend Duterte, the crazy guy in the Philippines?

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, yes he did. He likes Duterte, the guy in Poland, Putin, and has said admiring things of DPRK. Not sure he knows where South Africa is (rimshot), but I'm confident he would like the leadership there as well.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you sure a presidential pardon has never been revoked or withdrawn?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As far as I know, the closest thing to that was that terms can be altered in a commutation but when it comes to pardons, once someone is pardoned, that's it. Congress can't do anything about it, not even the Supreme Court could undo it so long as it wasn't an unlawful pardon. For a pardon to be lawful it has to meet only 2 criteria, it has to be for an offense made against the US and it can't be a pardon for an impeachable offense.

There's no case that the pardon of the former Sheriff was unlawful, so there's nothing that anyone can do about it....except be upset.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Here's an in-depth look at the "hero" that our buffoon pardoned...

Wait, Do People Actually Know Just How Evil This Man Is?

Joe Arpaio’s reign was two decades of intimidation, cruelty, and abuses of power…

by Nathan J. Robinson
    If you are a Trump supporter, the president has just pardoned “America’s toughest sheriff,” a man who was willing to fight illegal immigration using any means at his disposal. If you are a liberal, Trump has pardoned a despicable racist, a man who spent decades casually violating the civil liberties of Latinos. And if you are a balanced and neutral news organization, Trump has pardoned a “controversial” sheriff who faced “accusations of abuse” and “defied a court order.” These are the terms on which the debate about Arpaio is had: is he a vindictive bigot who neglected his prisoners or a steely lawman who dared to enforce immigration policy when the Feds wouldn’t? (Perhaps we’ll just call him “polarizing.”)

But none of these perspectives actually capture the full truth about Joe Arpaio. And I am worried that even those who detest Trump and are appalled by this pardon do not entirely appreciate the depth of Arpaio’s evil, or understand quite how indefensible what Donald Trump just has done is. Frankly I think even Trump may not fully realize the extent of the wrongdoing that he has just signaled his approval of. And I think it’s very important to be clear: the things Joe Arpaio is nationally infamous for, the immigration crackdown and the tent city, these are only the beginning. The word “racist” isn’t enough. The word “abusive” isn’t enough. Joe Arpaio’s actions over the course of his time in office were monstrous and sickening. As Arpaio’s officers were harassing, detaining, and beating citizens and non-citizens alike, with jail employees routinely calling inmates “wetbacks” or leaving them to die on the floor, Arpaio let hundreds of serious sexual abuse cases go uninvestigated, in one case resulting in a child being continually raped. He was not just a “tough” sheriff, but a cruel and incompetent one, faking clearance reports for serious crimes while abusing the power of his office to arrest and intimidate journalists, judges, and county officials. Some of Arpaio’s acts bordered on the psychopathic: in a deranged re-election plot, Arpaio oversaw a scheme to pay someone to attempt to assassinate him, even supplying the man with bomb-making materials, so that he could entrap the fake “assassin” and send him to prison, ruining the hapless man’s life. Arpaio treated the Constitution with contempt, inflicting what the Mayor of Phoenix called a “reign of terror” upon the city’s Latino community. Anybody with a hint of a conscience should be revolted by both Arpaio’s record and Trump’s pardon.

This is only the first two paragraphs of a lengthy article well worth reading. Link is in the title...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, "evil" gotta love when the overly emotional try to be taken seriously.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Do you know I know you're on the spectrum?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So in your mind, the only two options are to act like an overly emotional child and be accepting of others who act that way or to be autistic? Is that an accurate portrayal of your stance?

I suppose if that's the only two options, I'll take autism.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To add to B-Bob's list, trump has also praised Erdogan as being a "strong leader."

B-Bob and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He's not on the spectrum.

He's just very immature and unable to look beyond his own world views.

el gnomo likes this.
  19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He was unlikely to go to jail. And you could have commuted his sentence if he did.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not true at all kiddo, I am fully aware of different world views.....but that doesn't excuse overly emotional or simple minded world views. There's plenty of intelligent, well thought out views that differ from my own and I respect them despite not agreeing with them.

Calling people "evil", which is a dead giveaway that you are being emotional about something rather than logical, for simply having a different option or doing things that you disagree with is simple minded and should be laughed at. For example, the AntiFa people do things that I disagree with, but I don't call them evil for their violent actions, I call them stupid for it. Saying that someone's actions are wrong, foolish or bad is not an emotional response. Saying that their actions are "evil" is. That may seem like a subtle difference, but it's really not.