1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Nancy & the dems should just say, for any talks about a wall to begin, SUBMIT ALL TAX RETURNS first

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Don't really need to. I think most sentient Americans believe trump cheated on his taxes (which I seem to remember, is a federal crime) and also believe trump has lied significantly on what he has made over the years. I don't think confirming both by getting his tax returns will do much other than confirm the fact for all but his most ardent supporters, who will justify it ("gee, the tax returns are so difficult for rich people like trump"), blame others ("the IRS is part of the deep state and they are out to get trump"), or simply shrug their shoulders ("who cares, we got our USSC justice and he lowered my company's taxes").

I suspect just the increased possibility of demanding his taxes is enough. And better to simply say "No wall" and instead focus on trump's other serious crimes.

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

4. NewRoxFan

More on the latest ABC/WaPo poll results...

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I will believe all this on Nov 4 2020.

B-Bob and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That Mr. Trump will probably not even have a chance after he loses against sexy and kind Ted Cruz in the primaries.

8. NewRoxFan

I wonder why senator mcconnell all of a sudden says he doesn't like government shutdowns?

Poll: GOP favorability drops as Dem favorability stays steady
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...bility-drops-as-dem-favorability-stays-steady

9. adoo

adoo Member

TrumpTV, aka Fox News, has conducted its own poll,
    which shows that, if the 2020 election were held today,

Joe Biden would be polling at 49 %, Bernie Sanders at 46 % and Elizabeth Warren at 43 %,
    all higher than Donald Trump's numbers of 38 %.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lara-trump-poll-2020-election

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The economy is booming.
    Coal miners have been STFU (cave in?? late stage black lung??)
    Jerbs are coming in left and right.
    Illegals have been deported and families stuck in cages.
    Immigrants now know their place in the Greatest Nation.

He should get re-elected. I bet that wall is the cherry on top of the nice house of cards he built.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Even you don’t believe this.

12. adoo

adoo Member

the foxnews poll corroborates the ABC poll result

the Quinniac poll https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...nt-of-women-vow-they-wont-vote-for-trump-poll, shows that

60% of women say that they won't vote for Trump.
    the recent Abortion ban in Alabama, followed by a milder version in Missouri,
    will only drive up enthusiasm among women to vote Trump out of office​

#953 adoo, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And you are admitting you don’t understand how the electoral college works.

Hillary had a three point national average lead in all the polls the day of the election after 24 months of “but her emails” and “Benghazi” and she still didn’t win the right States to get to 270.

Obviously this polling should be considered accurate. Surely that STILL means Trump could still potentially win in 2020 if Biden or whoever are Bloodied up enough and they don’t appeal well enough to the ignorant types in the Midwest who’ll vote for whoever seems like the latest greatest thing at the moment.

Biden... even at 10+ points up in the popular vote polls doesn’t mean anything beyond the obvious. Have to review key states because our country has a goody election process.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I still think they should change the electoral college. Perhaps 75% of delegates to the state's overall winner. The remaining 25% broken up in ratio of the voting totals. I would assume that would increase the voting totals also.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

More warning sign for Trump in Michigan:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. biff17

biff17 Member

he has had a double digit decrease in favorability in almost every state a double digit decrease in all swing states.

interesting.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Poll shows Biden beating Trump in Texas

A new poll out Wednesday spells danger for President Donald Trump’s reelection chances in one of the unlikeliest of places: Texas.

The Quinnipiac University poll shows that Joe Biden would top Trump by four points — 48 percent to 44 percent — in a general election matchup there, an outcome the ruby red state hasn’t seen in four decades.

But even while Biden is the only Democratic presidential candidate to beat Trump in a head-to-head matchup in Texas, the poll signals trouble for the president there in that it found five other candidates within the poll’s margin of error, including home-state politicians Beto O’Rourke and Julián Castro.

Perhaps surprisingly, the next strongest candidate in the state was Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who the poll found losing to the president by only 1 point, 46 percent to 45 percent. Next was South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, whose rising star landed him within 2 points of Trump in a head-to-head matchup.

[more at the link]

This would be a bigly occurrence if Texas helps correct the mistake-in-chief in 2020.

quikkag likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am a few years too young to see his original testimony in the 70s but this John Dean guy seemed very credible today and anticipate impeachment soon. Nixon on steroids.