1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

I have on a daily bases coworkers that sent me to this link
    https://twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

No, His base is probably 30-35 of the population, so there is no way to get to 70% IMO.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly what I was thinking. You could list 10 scenarios of things that could go wrong with increased severity. Even if you got to the worst 3 or 4, there is a cut off. Meaning a certain percentage almost under any circumstances would not waver in their support.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am not sure about that. He won the election by getting, what, about 28% of the voting elligible US population to vote for him? And a lot of those people, I know, were just loyal conservatives who held there nose and voted against Hillary. I would put his core support much lower than 25% of eligible voters. The no-matter-what people are loyal and loud but could easily be as small as 1 in 5 Americans.

7. pirc1

I am guessing not everyone who approve of him voted for him in last election, just like many who dislike did not vote either. I was just thinking about many of the polls had him at 30-35% before the election.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A slightly different spin on the "Trump disapproval" story... 71% of CEOs give Trump a D or F grade. But what would corporate CEO's know?

Poll: CEOs give Trump a failing grade
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337916-poll-ceos-give-trump-a-failing-grade

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. pirc1

MadMax and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NEW POLL: Did Trump Try To Obstruct Justice In The Russia Investigation?
    http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2...mp-try-obstruct-justice-russia-investigation/

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Guess the OP is not showing his face around in this dumb ass thread anytime soon.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Nearly two-thirds disapprove. Not only is Trump unpopular, but so are his policies...

Trump disapproval hits 64 percent in AP poll
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338092-trump-disapproval-hits-64-percent-in-ap-poll

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

So, basically the majority of people think that he is not going to make America great, or 35% people still think so. Good luck for you, American people (35%).

14. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]
    SINCE 1828

outlier
    noun out·li·er \ˈau̇t-ˌlī(-ə)r\
    Popularity: Bottom 50% of words
    Definition of outlier
    1. 1: a person whose residence and place of business are at a distance His house was a place of refuge for outliers.

2. 2: something (such as a geological feature) that is situated away from or classed differently from a main or related body The island is an outlier on the southeast side of the archipelago.

3. 3: a statistical observation that is markedly different in value from the others of the sample Values that are outliers give disproportionate weight to larger over smaller values.

15. NewRoxFan

While Trump was tweeting an outlier poll (that already is dipping down anyway)...
    Russia investigation drags down Trump's approval rating: poll
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ng-of-russia-investigations-weighing-down-his

16. NewRoxFan

One thing... Trump's performance as president is raising favorability polls... for Obama and GWB.

Poll: Bush, Obama popular in retirement
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-bush-obama-becoming-more-popular-under-trump

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol I love that Trump is tweeting out the Rasumussen polls, because it shows that he pays attention to his sinking approval ratings numbers and I bet that pisses him off.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Of course he does, right? Looking at a weekly number as if it sums up your performance is just about the only skill he can take from being a reality TV star to his new job. LOL. Being outrageous and rude for ratings just isn't working the same way for some reason, but he'll keep trying.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your post is incredibly sad and depressing (because it's accurate).

:(