1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Williams gets a 2-year deal with the Knicks.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Mar 12, 2018.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Has a 19 PER right now.

But surely the corpse of Joe Johnson will do anything better than he has done.

Isaiah Canaan(who was doing good before the tragic injury) for Bobby Brown, now Troy Williams for Joe Johnson.

I won't even mention another wing player who's behind him in the depth chart.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

another Robert Covington situation possibly

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow! If a talent-heavy team like the Knicks found a need for Troy, just imagine what an impact he would have made on a weak roster like this year's Rockets.

Fire Maori!

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares and this doesn't even belong in GARM

waytookrzy079, Reeko and topfive like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

All i needed Johnson to show me was him getting doubled in the post and passing the ball to a wide open Gordon.

That's instantly makes him better for our team than Williams.

This team needs the playmaking Johnson can provide. We already have a gunner in Green.

DonKnock, elmotsangtt, adw and 12 others like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Gerald Green >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trey Williams

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not that hard to find another Troy Williams...

8. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Joe Johnson will not be facing 6'0" and under guys in the PS. Not even close.

9. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Knicks also lost 15 of their last 16 games.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

We're not the ones who overpay the Troy Williamses, we're the ones who find them and give them perceived value so that some loser franchise like the Knicks will overpay them.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Technically that was Memphis.

DD

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'd be more annoyed by this if we didn't have Gerald Green. He's more fun to root for anyhow. Joe can provide a unique utility if we need someone outside our normal guys to stop the bleeding in a tough playoff environment. He hasn't been great, but he still could be.

Exiled likes this.
  14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

1) wrong forum
    2) 52-14
    3) 1st place in the West by 1.5 games
    4) 1st place in the league
    5) nobody cares (i'm only here and responding cuz it's a slow day at work)

Ramathorn006, AXG, Deckard and 6 others like this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Troy WIlliams is a dime a dozen

16. Fantasma Negro

Congrats to him, he's been playing hard. When the knicks started playing him in the fourth quarter in front of Beasley I knew it was only a matter of time before he got his bread. Morey's team is really good at talent evaluation and I know it was hard for Morey to cut him but looking at how well Troy has played on the big stage, I think Morey knew he was holding Troy back because MDA was not going to play him. I wish him much success

j@amc and Rockets Rule like this.
  17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

100% agree with this. I went to the game last night and Johnson ability to post up inside helped us get easy shots including himself. Dallas was actually playing some really good defense but we had size advantage over Smith Jr. and midget Jordan Barrea.

Being able to have a post presence when shots aren't falling/teams are playing us differently in the playoffs will be huge for us when the game slows down. Love that we added this dimension and also a high IQ player as well who has seen it all in the playoffs and will not shy away from a big shot.

As mentioned, we already have a better version of Troy Williams in Green. Morey can find players like Williams pretty easily and he is not what this team needs right now so however Williams career plays out so be it.

Rockets Rule likes this.
  18. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

They play more minutes on non contenders. They have more freedom to make mistakes. You saw Troy played with us, his defense wasn’t great. And this year his shooting wasn’t either but prob because he had very few minutes in.
    D’Antoni wasn’t gonna rely on Troy anyway. So he was just gonna be a bench warmer. It looked like Joe was gonna be a bad pick up but I think he will be fine. He showed glimpses of what he can do on the post and in the playoffs. We should thank Joe because if he hadn’t torched the clippers, Chris wouldn’t be here. Joe look find on Sunday.
    As for cannan he play ok but we already knew what he brought to the team. He was with the rockets. We only signed bobby instead of Cannan because he brought in chemistry with our players. And to be honest Cannan like Troy wasn’t gonna get any minutes.

So it’s all cool man
    We are good.

Rockets Rule likes this.
  20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Reminds me of when James Harden got traded to the Rockets