1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TRIGGER WARNING!!] PTI's Character Assassination of James Harden via Shimmy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Apr 18, 2019.

1. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

i didn't care too much about the shimmy either and he could have been more subtle about it, but the chemistry is there and the team is having fun, especially our Superstar Harden. gotta agree these guys just wanna start something from nothing.

2. noppeper

noppeper Member

Harden should just stroll into game 3 wearing a "I'm a mean mutherf'er" t-shirt and eating a big kahuna burger.

You wanna punch me in the teeth? I double dare you...

[​IMG]

Dankstronaut, DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

They don't want to punch him in the teeth for the timing of the celebration, they want to punch him in the teeth for the celebration itself.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That was an extraordinarily large overreaction for a couple of guys on a network loaded to the gunwales with screaming hottake artists.

BMoney, DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

So that fat guy is stoned and the really old guy is high on maple syrup.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

"He's been doing this kind of thing for a while"

Uhh, since when? If you're going to talk about punchable antics, Curry has been shimmying since birth.

"Makes Harden seem like a front-runner. You have to be able to take down the king."

Uhh, how the hell did you get from shimmying on someone to Harden needing to beat the Warriors?

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I always laugh when people mock Rockets fans for saying there is a bias against this dude

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's as if these dudes want Harden to be apologetic after stealing a grown man's ankles. If you don't want your ankles stolen by James Harden, lock em up!

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I actually agree with Wilbon's take. Harden will have his chance to knock off the champs next round. Dominate and floss then. He had his chance last year and was disappointing in G6 and G7. One dominant game and he likely has a ring on his finger.

I miss Dream. He may not have always had teams up to the task, but you knew he was gonna bring his A game.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

When ESPN is set up outside or inside TC during the finals, I expect a flock of Clutchfans members to surround the area and cheer non-stop "You guys are haters".

It's really irritating to see how much hate Harden gets. He respects the media and responds to even stupid questions. It's not fair the amount of hate he gets for being a good person.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

12. MystikArkitect

If I remember right, Korny was upset last year for Harden's Wesley Johnson stare down.

Korny's right. Harden is ushering an era of urbanization in the NBA that's cancerous to this league.

Invisible Fan and Lawlruschang like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

The first time I realized how absolute the Harden Hatred is was when he was overlooked for all three All-NBA teams in 1015-2016, while Klay Thompson made it in with averages of 6.9 fewer points, 5.4 fewer assists, 2.3 fewer rebounds and 0.9 fewer steals.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The old Tony was joyous and would've joined Harden in dance.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

not all stupid questions

[insert eye-roll.gif]

16. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Peak Harden is better than dream

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's a tough one. Dream dominated both ends of the floor. His offense and defense at his peak were ****ing phenomenal. Obviously, not the scorer that Harden is, but your statement is more than arguable.

Voltik and daywalker02 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It should not be tough unless he leads this team to a ring.

Also I think Prime Hakeem never had the luxury to slack off on Defense or Offense to conserve energy for the other End!
    (They had to virtually re-structure the Defense for Harden to be comfortable in and play his style of D. No need for that with Hakeem as Hakeem was the Defensive mountain, just had to find other players. Hakeem was easier to build around as a cornerstone as well.)

Simply as Peak Harden as he named it, showed up 80% in the Regular season.

His playoff stats are still great but compared to the regular season 40 ppg stretch, it's nothing.

And that is not even considering the Defensive side.

Hakeem showed much of his best in the Playoffs!

To be fair, Hakeem made the Finals more and had more opportunities to show for it.

#78 daywalker02, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  19. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

yes its arguable, i wont disagree with you. But i think Harden has broken the nba. Rules have been put in place multiple times to try and stop James. He has also created a new defense in 2019 that teams are using againist him. But Dream was incredible as well

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I finally watched the video.

"It reveals Harden is a mean person"
    Harden is SO mean for making Rubio fall down.... Oh wow. Better go tell your mommy!!! lol.

Fact of the matter is that licking his chops at Wes Johnson last season was one of the plays of the year because he made the shot. If he makes the shot over Rubio, everybody is talking about this as one of the GREAT playoff baskets of all time.