1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Travel to Barcelona

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by T_Man, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I read they have very relaxed punishments for non-violent crimes, but very harsh punishments for violent crimes. Which would explain the high nonviolent burglary and pickpocket crimes, yet very low murder/assault crimes. That combined with the vibrant social / family culture, sun, great food, apparently creates a good environment for peace, despite high poverty and unemployment.

donkeypunch likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

upload_2019-9-19_18-5-44.jpeg
    I haven’t, but my son has. :cool:

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

4. T_Man

We are doing Excursions at these stops.. Sticking with the group...
    Tue Naples, Italy
    Wed Rome (Civitavecchia)
    Thu Florence/Pisa (Livorno)
    Fri Cannes, France

Another reason we are flying out early to make sure we don't miss the boat...

T_Man

5. malakas

malakas Member

I love Barcelona. One of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
    Don't waste your limited time waiting hours in queue to visit the most touristic spots though, it can take hours and hours.

No, there are huge issues. Spain has big problems with violence against women, many huge scandals lately. Especially the infamous "wolf gang" which was punished by the judges with almost nothing but fines.
    Their law has a joke definition of rape and sexual abuse which allows criminals and gangrapists to be set free without even going to prison.

Only today there were huge demonstrations because of the huge numbers of women murdered by their partners.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-in-spain-after-19-women-murdered-by-partners

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m currently in Barcelona. The metro is extensive and super easy. We took a taxi in from the airport via the freenow taxi app (it’s basically uber) but that was only to accommodate family, otherwise I’d train and walk everywhere.

I get that pick pocketing is a thing but so long as you have a shred of awareness it won’t be an issue.

IBTL and Xenon like this.
  7. T_Man

How much English do they speak?

8. T_Man

Question... Are you able to your credit card with out any issues...

My wife was reading somewhere that they ask for your credit card pin code...

T_Man

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

A lot of people speak English but either way communication won’t be much of an issue.

Same with the credit card. It works the same way as in the US. Pin if debit. Sign something if it’s credit.

10. T_Man

Thanks sir...

T_Man

11. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I've been here 1 day and 2 nights so far. Flipping plane from Dublin was delayed 3 hours. So far, so good. Great vibe to the city and after 1 night I already feel comfortable walking the streets in the middle of the night. Haven't been pickpocketed even once! I will try out the recommendations in this thread tomorrow.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Great city. Hope you have a great time.

13. T_Man

Thanks for the update..

T_Man