1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Top Ten] Worst moments in Houston Sports...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KingCheetah, Apr 22, 2004.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

#9 is stupid.

not only is it not a Houston sports moment, nor would it have hurt the Houston fans unless the Titans had won, but it also was by no means the most exciting Superbowl ever. Jesus it was so boring until the very end of the 4th quarter.

This year's superbowl...IN HOUSTON...was a lot more exciting.

2. drapg

drapg Member

The only reason I might be able to agree with this statement is because I was on the 3rd row at the 50-yard line of this game, behind the Oilers bench.

I sat in my seat for nearly 2 hours after the game, frozen and unable to move.

While leaving, I cried my eyes out and met Warren Moon afterwards. I got his autograph and asked if he would be back next year. He started to well up and said "I'd like to, but it's not up to me kid."

htwnbandit likes this.
  3. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

#7, #3 and #1 are up there, but I would have included JR Richard's stroke, but then again, I stopped following baseball. If the Rockets win #7 I think they would have beaten the Bulls, they were more competitive with the Bulls than others IIRC. But then again maybe Maxwell stays with the team and doesn't get into trouble if we go deep in the playoffs.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

IIRC, he died in late November, early December.

EDIT: Can't find a date, but he only played in two games that season, so IDRC. :D

#2 is #1 for me, but they both hurt big time.

#9 is close to #1 on my all-time greatest moments!

5. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I thought it was earlier in the season, but it must've been December since Houston Pro Football's "dream season" stuff mentions the December 19th Pittsburgh game that was played only five days after Alm's death.

But he didn't play much that season, though I don't remember now why he wasn't playing.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I was out in California at the time. My coach let me wear my Oilers hat during practice as a tribute. That sucked.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i thought the EXACT same thing. it was a bit of vindication...an "i told ya so" sorta moment.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Had the Rockets relocated, It woulda been #1 on this list....

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

1. Signing of Scottie Pippen by the Rockets.

10. outlaw

outlaw Member

Stockton's 3-pointer in 1997 was probably the worst for me.
    I really wanted a Rockets/Bulls Finals that year

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This one is up there for me as well - that would have been a great final. Drexler was HELD! ;)

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Bear HUGGED!!

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Game 2 vs. Phoenix should be on there in '94. That was much worse than the Seattle thing they have listed.

14. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

We won that series. We could've and should've won the Seattle series and gone to Phoenix in '93.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Astros/Mets in 1986 was my first Houston sports heartbreak...and I think that makes it my worst. I was just a kid, and I was devastated. I'll never forget watching the extra innings of that game that should have ended before I got home from school. Incredible. Just an up and down roller coaster. If you had told me that 30 years would pass, and the Astros still would not win a title, I would not have believed you.

The Bills/Oilers game was definitely my #2 as well. I could almost have it as 1 and 1(a) with the 86 NLCS. I literally could not believe what I was seeing. Even after it was done, there was some small part of me that thought there had been some kind of mistake; that it didn't really happen.

EDIT: I just now realized this was an old thread. Oh, well. My 17 year old son would tell you his worst sports moment was the Astros blowing the lead to the Royals.

#35 MadMax, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    htwnbandit likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You've been mulling that reply over for 13 years?

joeson332 likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lmfaoooo
    boy we have some UPDATING to do on this list

18. VanityHalfBlack

That Oilers loss was just the worst.