1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Too many threads from new posters?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by iOrange, Dec 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

Clutch,

I found many senior members would like a few long threads on the main page rather than many new and short threads coming up every few minutes. I think it'd be great if you could explain this concern to new members on a sticky notice. Here's why:

Many new posters are from China (I'm one of them). In many Chinese BBS, the atmosphere is alot different with I've seen here. In a Chinese BBS, the moderator will sometimes encourage people to start threads to make the board look "noisy". Starting new threads, even meaningless ones is not a very bad thing there.

I think Clutchcity is the best basketball forums in the world. But I like the Chinese style also. when I first came to Clutchcity i didn't know the 'culture' here, started a few threads in a day and
    got bashed. Now I've learned the rule, respected it and enjoyed it very much. I believe many posters from China have experiened the very same thing.

Right now, there are still new posters starting threads too often and got bashed as 'newbies', 'shoulda shutup" ... I don't think this will make the board better since it brings a lot hostility between new and old members. I suggest you put a notice stating that the 'culture' in Cluthcity and let new members see it. I know there' s a posting guideline about this problem, but i think highlighting the specific rule will help more. Thank you.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I kind of disagree. Actually I strongly disagree.

I like the organiztion that the sticky threads bring to a forum, but I would prefer to glance down a list of thread titles to find something that interests me rather than go through every post in a more limited array of threads.

It's a matter of efficiency. I'll do whatever I have to do, but I think this is my clear preference.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

iOrange,

There is a sticky in the GARM that already covers posting etiquette. :confused:

4. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

I saw the posting guide, codell. But you see there are still many new members starting new threads more than necessary and getting bashed... I doubt that people really read through the whole posting guide. That's why I think a highlighted rule about starting new threads will help.