1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Too many rookies with thread starting privleges?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Cannonball, Jul 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Wasn't there a time not long ago when all new members were classified as rookies and weren't able to start threads? What happened with that? Too much work for the mods to determine when they should get Member status? Too much whining by the rooks for not being members?

During this whole prolonged Dwight free agent saga, I just see a bunch of crappy threads started by people who have less than 5 posts. I guess I had largely stopped going into the GARM until recently. Maybe that's just how it is now, but I thought making posters earn thread starting privileges was a good idea.

EDIT: And of course, once I start this thread I notice another thread on same topic which links to another fairly recent thread on the same topic. DOH!

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

It would be hilarious if a rookie started this thread.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would start another thread criticizing new members but I don't want to get negged. LOL.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

30% of all new accounts are DD. :eek:

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I agree with this thread. I keep seeing a bunch of threads about this Dwight Saga that are pretty much meaningless.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

what about that rookie, that started a thread asking about the 2013 NBA All-Star Game Tickets with his first post on the site, then he never replied again in the thread, and 3 or 4 days later, with his second post, he makes another thread about the same topic?

the first thread is ok, but the second one wasnt necessary.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Perhaps he has amnesia?

1 person likes this.
  9. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I hated it when its too many rookies, not enough pros.
    Too many ni*gas, not enough hoes.
    The game got switched on some Ludacris *****,
    So all y'all can suck my d*ck, b*tch!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

11. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Nice! I was waiting for that guy to punch him or something!

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The GARM reeks of n00bs, LOF's, and postbadlee. I did myself a favor and took it away from my forums home view. It helps.

[​IMG]

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's tragic, no? That the very topic that brought us all here (and is the focal point of the website) can't even be discussed.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've noticed recently that every single thread is becoming a collection of gif images and IBTLs.

Bad threads are inevitable, but Clutchfans is turning into the immature culture that pervades every other internet forum...

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

I agree all those gifs need to be put in...

Unsorted
    :cool:

16. Pete the Cheat

I don't believe I have lost my patience with anyone on this board as often as with that chuckle head...

is he really just a covert troll? I mean noone can possibly that delusional, right?

the consistency of his stupidity is truly amazing...the Troy McClure of terrible threads...

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

My god, when I see a rook open up a thread I have to :rolleyes:

Why are they allowed to open up threads, at least close down the GARM for any rookie for the first 2 years..

1 person likes this.
  18. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Can we just make it so people who joined before 2004 (hell even further back if you want to) are the only ones who can start threads in the GARM? I know I wouldn't make the cut but I really do not care what all these new members have to say. As a guy who likes to read what other senior members have to say I think it would bring back some of the older posters that have been hanging out in the Hangout.

Also, you could possibly put a sticky in the GARM for a thread where rookies and people who can't start threads submit their posts and if it warrants a new thread, an older member or mod can repost. This way it goes back to the old system where you have to earn your member status

F Democracy. We must bring back Clutch City from the ashes.

1 person likes this.
  19. jbasket

jbasket Member

I do not agree with that system, there are many great posters after 2004 (like CH). And to be honest, some "fail threads" have been by people before 2004 too.