1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

too many insults directed at other posters

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by farhan007, Dec 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. farhan007

farhan007 Member

i admit i have done it before, but atleast i admit to it, but lately there seems to be too many insluts at one another... Sure i can take the bashing of the players and the team, but there shouldnt be people cussing out or calling other posters commies(i saw that in some other thread, but not saying who...)

Now that i have addressed the problem, here is what i think Clutch should do. Im not sure if Clutch already did something like this, but he should do something simmilar to officer's policies on driver licences. The more severe the crime the longer your licence is suspened. So the more severe acts on the board should have the harsher punishment.

For example:
    starting an unessecary thread-one week suspension
    insulting someone directly - one month suspension
    Repeated offenders should eventually be permanantly banned

Ofcourse it doesn't have to be this severe.

just a suggestion to make this board a cleaner board:D

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I have long supported the idea of Clutch being able to suspend people's driver's licenses, but the DPS just won't budge on the issue.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Phew, I'm too lazy to walk!! :D

I'll tone it back down. It was just the post-ignore list syndrome.

4. farhan007

farhan007 Member

:D
    maybe i was a little to vague, i mean suspension from the forums...

5. CRC

CRC Member

farhan,

I'll guess it's probably my thread in the hangout forum which inspired you to come up these suggestions of your own & started this thread. Thanks for sharing my sentiment! Much appreciated.

Many have thought I was wasting my time trying to convey messages to other posters that could not be conveyed. Thanks for proving them wrong. In reality, assuming there are 100 people reading my post, if one or two people gets the message & tried to make a difference, I'll be happy. And you just made me happy. :)

p.s. there might be a chance for you to be on that 'magical list' soon... ;)

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

always been my dream

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think on the boards, just like in real life, the deterrent effect is dampened not be the lightness of the punishment but by the high likelihood of not being caught. If no one is called out for being insulting, there's no incentive to stop. My suggestion -- and something I do on occassion -- is reproach posters for being unnessarily insulting. Or you can be a little tattle-tale and report insulting posts to the moderator using the Report to Moderator function. How should a moderator know to intervene if no one will report a transgression? Don't put the whole burden on the moderators (who really can't be expected to read through every stupid and redundant trade Francis thread (not to mention all the others) on the prowl for personal attacks) to clean up the boards; do your part.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think Clutch's decision to shut down new registrations is a very good one. If you get banned, you are out and you aren't getting back in. Granted, first-time registrants will be locked out until he turns registration back on, but this should be a good way to discourage poor posting for a while.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

I think the biggest problem is, that the ones making the poor posts, honestly dont think their posts are poor or redundant. IOW, they have no fear of being banned and not being allowed back in because they don't think they have done anything wrong.

Jeff, I liked how you had admonished EGN for his unecessary attack on SamFisher the other day. IMO, you guys (mods) should do more of this (out in the open warnings) when yalls time allows for it.