1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To me the issue stems from

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Feb 14, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

That the disparity between our best player in Harden and the second best player is huge.Look at the Thunder the difference between PG and Russ is not huge . The Warriors obviously are loaded. I feel we badly need a real second option closer to Harden to fill in the disparity gap.Paul needs to concentrate on playmaking because he really can’t score like he used to and struggles to blow by anyone . He can still pass eventhough he ha slowed a bit. I think it will also help Paul in the long term as well having another guy lessening the scoring burden. I was hoping EG could be that but the guy has regressed and can’t be relied on anymore due to injuries as well.

The problem is I’m not sure how we can get that guy.Also I think Clint will be a big boost in his return which gives harden another option on offense with the lobs and the pick role that will obviously free up the driving lane for him as well. Without Clint usually the opposition big man would rotate on Harden to stifle his driving lane but with Clint Harden will have the option of the lob if the big guy rotates. I think there is a reason why Harden without Clint is taking so many threes. His driving lane is being taken way.

Overall I’m still very positive on the rest of the seasons outlook when Clint gets back and House is retained which wil help the defense. People need to remember what a good transition defender House is. He had countless run down blocks and was always the first one back to stop the fast break points

#1 riko, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Hakeemtheking, TRIQSTER, Riz and 4 others like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Giannis / Milwaukee fall in faint

Don't get me wrong, I like Khris Middleton, but he's not as good as you'd like your #2 guy to be.

J Sizzle, lionaire, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Middleton is pretty damn good. Plus they have Insane depth on both sides of the ball especially with the addition of Nikola on offense and shooting

4. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

At least Giannis gets to play in the east.

hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He disparity between Harden and the rest of the team combined is huge.

The disparity between Harden,CP3 and Capela and the rest of the team is ginormous.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

The issue, statistically and what has always been the issue and what will continue to be the issue is the defense, thats it. Defense, defense, defense....cant guard anyone cause this defense as a whole who soft. The offense is fine, and has pretty much been fine this entire season.

snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Yep there is no middle ground. I was hoping Eric could atleast be that.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

All true. But the disparity between Giannis and Middleton is huge. So they have that "issue" too, but seem to find a way.

9. riko

riko Member

They are elite on both sides of the ball

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

The difference between Harden and the rest of the NBA is huge

J Sizzle, Williamson, arubato and 2 others like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

And just to issue how the defense is STILL the issue(Not saying Clint, isnt important, he so is). I would just like to tell you all that in the 8 games that Clint has sat, we have the number 1 offensive rating in the league.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Cp3 is only able to play make on that double high post screen, only problem is green and Tucker are only players suited to run that play but the play rarely gets ran in late game situations. Obviously the fire power of harden can't be denied.

The play making between cp3 and far"weed" is a work in progress.
    Generally speaking, most of the plays into the paint have been scrum plays or hell-ta skale-ta.

Once in second half against wolves, cp3 rifled the ball to Tucker in the paint, Tucker didn't take shot, made pass to green, and green traveled!

I wish there was a dependable two man game between harden and Tucker or something reliable between harden and green!

#12 smoothie_king, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  13. riko

riko Member

The east with the emergence of the 76ers and the Raptors who are bringing Marc Gasol off the bench because of insane depth is no joke. Then you have the Celtics as well.

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The difference between okogie defense on harden and the rest of the league is huge!

The difference between Paul George defense on harden and Westbrook and the rest of the league is huge!

15. threepointshot3

Clint is the second best player

Swapshop likes this.
  16. threepointshot3

Same Paul George who has a long history of choking in the playoffs and went for 3-17 3pt tonight or his last seasons playoff choke job was any of hardens so called bad playoff games? Nice try

#16 threepointshot3, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

“Eric Gordon is an all star.” —- CF last year

snowconeman22, Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

and how is Morey supposed to get Harden another all-star if Harden+CP3+Capela takes up our entire salary space.

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

This post confuses me so much. You are talking like Paul is our second best player. Maybe I am reading something wrong? It is obvious Capela is.

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

glad all that delusional talk has stopped

EG been the most overrated Rocket on this board since the day he arrived

people were trying to put him on Klay level and still act like teams would ever trade their star for a package centered around him

steddinotayto and RasaqBoi like this.