1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Harden visits Meek Mill in Prison ... to wear "Free Meek" shoes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Urbanization complete. Now all we need are some Rockets players to get caught up in a cocaine blitz and derail a possible dynasty. Wait ... What?

amaru likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Non story imho....isn’t Meek one of his friends?

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Haha when I lived in Houston, I'd go there.

In midtown.

SIL

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

"Urbanization"

Cringe

Relativist likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let the dude stay in prison so he can learn to write some real rap songs

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What is a meek mill?

8. hvic

hvic Member

on the bright side the jail time is giving him a legit wrap sheet

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.tmz.com/2018/04/24/meek-mill-released-from-prison/

Meek Mill will be a free man in 1 hour ... out of prison after a long legal battle.

Our Meek sources say it was the Supreme Court of PA who made the decision overruling Judge Genece Brinkley.

Meek tells TMZ ... "I’d like to thank God, my family, my friends, my attorneys, my team at Roc Nation including JAY-Z, Desiree Perez, my good friend Michael Rubin, my fans, The Pennsylvania Supreme Court and all my public advocates for their love, support and encouragement during this difficult time."

"While the past five months have been a nightmare, the prayers, visits, calls, letters and rallies have helped me stay positive."

"To the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office, I’m grateful for your commitment to justice – not only for my case, but for others that have been wrongfully jailed due to police misconduct. Although I’m blessed to have the resources to fight this unjust situation, I understand that many people of color across the country don’t have that luxury and I plan to use my platform to shine a light on those issues. In the meantime, I plan to work closely with my legal team to overturn this unwarranted conviction and look forward to reuniting with my family and resuming my music career."​

10. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

And you sound like a racist or an idiot. which one

Louka, DonKnock, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

No, that's actually a fair comment.
    From Wikipedia:

Mill was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm and assaulting the police when he was 18 years old. He was put on probation. Since then, he has been arrested four times for parole violation.[5][7]

In 2008, Mill was convicted of drug dealing and gun possession and was sentenced to 11 to 23 months in prison. Mill was released during the early portion of 2009 under a five-year parole agreement.[5][48][49][50] In December 2012, Mill was found to have violated his probation and the judge revoked Mill's travel permit.[51]

In May 2013, Mill was again found to have violated his probation and was ordered to take etiquette classes. The violation was a failure to report travel plans as required and social media postings that resulted in death threats to the judge, Assistant District Attorney (ADA) and probation officer assigned his case.[49] In requiring the classes and stressing the requirement to report travel, the judge noted, "You need to try to get this right next time."[50] In June 2013, the court noted that Mill continually failed to report his travel plans. The judge established an August deadline for the classes, noting that Mill has "a lot of issues" and that the classes would provide him with a "big-picture perspective" of his personal and professional actions. The judge stated the classes were "more important than any concerts he might have."[52] Of the requirement to provide travel plans to his probation officer, Mill complained, "You just gonna miss money all day." The ADA explained that it was a consequence of being on probation.[53] On July 11, 2014, Mill had his probation revoked and he was sentenced to three to six months in jail.[54] He was released from prison on December 2, 2014.[55]

He was found guilty for a parole violation again on December 17, 2015. The judge hearing his case refused to give him another chance and ordered him not to work or perform before his sentencing on February 5, 2016.[56] He was sentenced to 90 days of house arrest on February 5. The sentence became effective from March 1 during which he was not allowed to work and was required to do daily community service with groups serving adults. Additionally, he was also sentenced to six more years of probation.[57] On June 2, 2016, Meek Mill was sentenced to eight additional days of house arrest.[58] His house arrest came to an end in mid-June 2016.[59]

On March 11, 2017, Mill was arrested at a local airport in St. Louis, Missouri for assaulting two pedestrians. Shortly after his arrest and court appearance, he was given a court summons.[60][61]On November 6, 2017, he was sentenced to two to four years in state prison for violating his parole.[62][63]

On November 29, 2017, Meek Mill and Roc Nation were sued by the family of Jaquan Graves who was shot and killed in the parking lot outside a Connecticut concert in December 2016. Graves had just left the facility when gunfire started and he was killed. The lawsuit also claimed that Meek and Roc Nation allowed "thugs" to remain on the premises after exhibiting disorderly, disruptive, argumentative, angry and agitated behaviors toward patrons.[64]

Reports alleged that there was an investigation by the FBI into the conduct of the judge presiding over his case.[65] This was later publicly acknowledged by Mill's defense team.[66] Meek's attorney, Joe Tacopina, made several allegations of inappropriate statements and actions from the judge, including that "she requested he re-record a Boyz II Men song and shout her out, and how she wanted him to leave Roc Nation to sign with a friend of hers" and that "She showed up at his community service" when a typical judge would not do that, among several other irregularities.[67]

Game7 likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He sounds like a knucklehead to me but maybe he got his act together this time around.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I'd rather them free DMX

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Can we ensure he never autotunes again??

RasaqBoi and topfive like this.
  15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

James Harden is now unleashed. It's over for the league.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Who cares?

Second, FYI, meek isnt a free man, his appeal is still pending.

Also, man... that is crazy.... he case has been adjudicated....yet he gets to make bail and live in the free world?

That is not how it works in real life.

17. Game7

Game7 Member

That's not how any of this works! ;)

18. Houston112

Houston112 Member

meek mill released for prison the same day dwayne wade and manu ginobili play their last game in the nba( jersey numbers sum to a total of 23). Philly is strong with the gematria for the 2018 playoffs and they just won the superbowl.,.. also meek mill is from philly

will it be superbowl champ vs. world series champ for the nba championship

Also James Harden equals 51 in english ordinal gematria, so does the word "conspiracy", and the word "outer space", and the word " Astros"

old video but still good

#58 Houston112, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Wait, what is the main complaint people have with the Meek Mill sentencing? Is there some kind of discrepancy with the circumstances that lead to his most recent arraignment?

20. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I feel old and lame. I had to Google, "who is meek mill" after reading this thread.