1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tilman "Two Chopper" Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 17, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

via ESPN via @J.R. Thank you for transcribing this.

This is the best quote of the off-season. This deserves its shine.

We have Morey defending Tilman's wealth now.

@Carl Herrera you did it.

From the MacMahon article. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets

This is all incredible. I don't think anyone actually thinks Tilman is broke (He got ripped off by Les and didn't even get to keep Trophies) but he's literally whipping it out and letting us know he's rich.

#1 treyk3, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You beat @Carl Herrera to it. Congrats breh!

Bet he has more than 2 choppers.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol. Bunch of cringy statements.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He only has 2 choppers since we went under the tax this year. Next year if we don't "flukily" go under then he will have to sell ;)

5. basketballholic

LOLOLOLOLOL

Only my man @treyk3 could come up with this.

From now on I will refer to Tilman as Two Chopper. That's great. Can't quit laughing. Best thread title of the off season.

I hope Two Chopper catches on with everybody. Should be our united show of support and little token of pressure to the organization.

#5 basketballholic, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    treyk3 likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

this doesn't count as two choppers:
    [​IMG]

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is actually the most i've liked him before. He's clearly passionate about making this good and he wants to be loved. It's clear that he underestimated how intelligent the NBA journalism community is. He also clearly doesn't like people doubting his wealth.

He's been dealing with puff pieces about UH football for years and now is realizing the fans of the Rockets aren't just happy to be in the conversation.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. macan

macan Member

get to da choppa!!

9. basketballholic

@treyk3

You're going to be back on opportunistic side before next session is over.

But "Two Choppers" is too good to go to waste. We need to keep that through the winning cycle as the ultimate inside joke and a way to rib Morey when he comes here and reads our stuff.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We were all down but Morey brought the heat and confirmed what some of us were hoping for. We ran it back conservatively to extend the window as Paul gets older.

Tilman is planning on spending a grip including a $100 M practice facility. You just wanna keep hating though. Lmao

lw17, cheke64 and Duke Fan like this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well his mouth says one thing but his actions so far say another .

You don't really believe Morey was behind the Ennis moves and the decision to move under the tax this deadline do you ?

Letting a player go for free and using a first rounder to get rid of a contract that's expiring next year don't sound like Morey moves .

One thing for sure , the rockets PR team is definitely more aggressive under tilman . We never talked this much before . It's clear TF is trying to paint an image of himself and ingratiate himself to the fans . I don't trust him

Anyways , you can't judge an owner after 1 year . Tilman will have many many years to prove that he is indeed about winning and creating that kind of organization .

treyk3 likes this.
  12. basketballholic

We need that dude that used to do all those great gifs to get a Two Chopper gif going with the players Morey MDA and Two Chopper all loaded up in them.

treyk3 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  13. vick

vick Member

Tilman has a 165 foot Yacht. It has a helicopter on it. Look on youtube for the money spent on his yacht. Maybe why Rockets does not have money to spend on free agents.

apollo33 likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I absolutely hated getting under the tax last year. I thought Ennis was hitting a stride. I thought keeping Anderson would have been worth it to hold onto Melton and a 1st rounder eventually. I hated him lying about it even more. In that article he says he regrets calling it a fluke. Basically he was afraid of the repeater tax and asked Morey to avoid it in the next three years. Morey punted last year because he was able to. We'll see if he spends money ( i won't buy it until he does) but one thing is 100% certain. Tilman wants to be loved. He's human after all and despite being a billionaire has the same range of emotions as all of us. He just can buy some things that we cannot (like the Rockets). I like him more as a person after this. He's putting himself out there and is at least running PR.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think we are in "we will believe when we see it" stage in respect to player movement.

While at it, I don't lay the all the blame on Tilman and Morey's feet. MDA's unwillingness to at least try to play Manimal a few minutes per game to shore up some of the rebounding woes is unforgivable. When you give a team like the Worriers second or third chances, then it's game over. Their shooters are just too good.

16. vick

vick Member

Tilman has given millions and millions to the University of Houston.Why not take care of his new toy the Rockets.

17. basketballholic

Oh stop

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Care to say why you are so optimistic all of a sudden and that has nothing to do with KD and Klay being out?

Was the interview so gratifying?

Morey never mentioned the name of his star target but maybe you can shed a light on that player?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I wanna be broke like Tilman

napalm06 and treyk3 like this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

The problem I have with Tilman has nothing to do with how much money he has, it's that, rather than wanting to win, Tilman gives off the vibe that he bought the Rockets to simply get richer.

He and Daryl really need a good summer. So far though...

Der Rabbi likes this.