1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This newly discovered cannabis compound is possibly 30 times more powerful than THC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by No Worries, Feb 4, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

**** just got real ...

This newly discovered cannabis compound is possibly 30 times more powerful than THC

Researchers identified a phytocannabinoid in Cannabis sativa that they say could be 30 times more powerful than THC, at least in their lab results. The scientists from Italy's University of Modena and Reggio Emilia and their colleagues found that in their in vitro tests, tetrahydrocannabiphorol (THCP) showed an attraction to the nervous system's cannabinoid (CB1) receptor that's more than thirty times higher than good ol' THC. From CNN:

Read the scientific paper: "A novel phytocannabinoid isolated from Cannabis sativa L. with an in vivo cannabimimetic activity higher than Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol: Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabiphorol" (Nature Scientific Reports)

[​IMG]

Houstunna and FrontRunner like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Can we just nationally legalize regular mar1juana already?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I don't think I want to be that high.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's like coffee. I'm not bending over backwards to find some super potent caffeine brew. I'll just relax and enjoy it like a normal human being.

VooDooPope likes this.
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a person who once got 30 times more high than everyone else in the room, I can attest to this...and the people who were there can also

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

JUST IN:

Newly registered ClutchFans member — KingCheetahphorol — is possibly 30 times more powerful than @KingCheetah

No Worries, FrontRunner and Ottomaton like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Now that there's a pharma patent that's wickedly more potent and will hit the streets like Oxy?

Nope!

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm an "old man" now, lol, but I've found in the legal states, where you are looking at THC concentration levels usually in the high teens to low 20%'s... that 1-2 hits max is good for me. If I'm in Cali or Colorado (cause those are the ONLY states I get high in), I'll take on or two hits, and have a nice high for like 3-4 hours.

Watch the sunset, watch the stars, watch some bats, watch some football, turn on some crazy netflix ****, etc. If it's a sativa, do some stuff... go for a hike, who knows.

30x that?? HARD PASS. This seems relevant for medicinal purposes though...

Growing up it was formaldehyde crap from Mexico that was probably single digit THC levels. That said, some of the real old-timers (from the 60s/70s) continue to claim that even with the crazy high THC levels and so much variation in strands and highs, that they still don't hold a candle to the type of high you'd get back then. Personally, I just think its old folks complaining though...

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wot?

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

unlikely-1.jpg

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

hyperbole. For the **** seedy weed you’d get in the 80s/90s from Mexico.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha. Had a bunch of that (called it dirt) but there was also a group of youngsters who really dipped their spliffs in formaldehyde. Fried sticks.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never tried any of the synthetic cannabinoids, but back wher they were first a big deal, five or so years ago, I seem to remember hearing that many of them had really unpleasant side effects like heart palpitations or a tendency to cause really intense headaches.

It's strong... that doesn't mean it is objectively more pleasant than the original.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Embalming fluid" was (and I think still is) a euphemism for a joint dipped in liquid PCP. I kind of wonder how much of that started when someone overheard someone else's conversation and didn't know they were using code words.

There is no possible way that smoking pot soaked in actual formaldehyde makes the experience more pleasant. In fact, a quick Google turns up case studies of people dying of respiratory failure for trying it.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

100% of the people that I knew that did it have had prison stints or are no longer with us.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3568288/

Ottomaton likes this.
  16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

It’s like they knew exactly what I wanted for Christmas. Well, other than the hookers, blow and booze.

No Worries and Ottomaton like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Too much. I’ve once eaten something I made myself and spent 8 hours crying in a bathtub. Would not recommend.

18. SemisolidSnake

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Texas is still stuck on stupid with edible weed being a felony.

That factor makes possession of your legal firearm illegal.