1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the first time since 2017-18 that I feel the Rockets should win every game they play.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 25, 2020.

1. HardLin

HardLin Member

I agree with the OP. Characteristics of the 2017-18 team:

1) We blow out mediocre to bad teams by 30. If they hit lucky shots, we only beat them by 10-15.
    2) We beat decent teams by 10-15. If they hit lucky shots they occasionally beat us by a bucket or two.

That's what a 65 win feels like. Offense is elite. Defense is top-5ish. This team is starting to feel like that team.

gatsby, bmelo, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This is better than I could have ever expected. Talk about a trade being more than the sum of its parts

bmelo and D-rock like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is false. the rockets only shortened their rotation when they played GS. And they did the exact same thing. and you know why that is? Bc they make guys unplayable. but the casuals believe the rockets only play 6-7 guys against everyone in the playoffs :rolleyes:

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

That stubborn old man who had no playable bench and has revolutionized NBA - AGAIN!!!???

GET ON YOUR KNEES AND THANK GOD HE IS OUR COACH.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Feeling like you're gonna win every game is like a gambling addict willing to live with the results of playing craps in spite of the odds or past history.

If that's the way you feel, you are more than welcome to feel that way.

Remember what goes up, must come down...eventually!

7. magichat281

magichat281 Member

I dont get on my knees for no one.. you better check yourself son. You like getting on knees for guys?**** let me know that u like to get on knees.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Here one

[​IMG]

Calm down bra!

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Looks pretty set with Roco and Tuck; Harden/Russ and well House/Gordon for that 3

D-rock likes this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

One time for my all time favorite "we dont play any real contenders" thread.
    What a sh** season...........

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. bongman

bongman Member

Sigh.. years of wisdom and all you can come up is this? Weak!

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The 2018 WCF with the Warriors is one of the few series where I'll cut D'Antoni some slack for shortening the rotation. Luc was unplayable thanks to his shoulder injury. The dude couldn't make point blank layups. D'Antoni actually did try to go to some of his bench guys in Game 7 out of desperation. Remember Ryno and Joe Johnson getting key minutes? How'd that work out in the 2nd half of that game?

Where D'Antoni deserves criticism is when he arbitrarily goes to a 6-7 man rotation like in the 2017 semifinals against the Spurs. That left Harden completely worn out late in Game 5 when essentially the series was decided.

There's no excuse to not go 9 deep with this team come playoff time. Harden and Russ in the backcourt backed up by Rivers and McClemore. PJ and Green at center. And a forward rotation of Covington, House, and EG. Carroll and Caboclo likely don't see the floor unless it's a blowout.

joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They are starting to win all of their games by double digits.

it’s a great sign moving forward.

D-rock likes this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Except, we’re winning at a historically high rate as well.

OP is like the person that can count every card in a multi-deck black jack game, and you’re the person playing slots.

One can recognize positive expected value, one cannot.

D-rock and harold bingo like this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Small ball offense is like removing cards from the deck come play off time in years past. Why should you expect anything different this season? Are their certain players that cause you to feel the results this time in the playoffs will be different?

There are some plays that you can expect to all but disappear for the rockets in a 7 game series.
    For example, the corner baseline 3 is not gonna fall consistently from the bench players including tucker and injuried gerald green.

Another example, the top of the key three pretty much disappeared altogether for Harden against golden state, and cp3 consistently made the top of key three pointer last year.

#75 smoothie_king, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

did he go to a 6-7 man rotation in 16-17? This was when it was harden by himself and from what i remember he played a minimum 8 man rotation plus spot minutes for other guys.

17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I want to see rockets vs bucks to prove this

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Bucks only got 8 losses and they beat toronto in toronto tuesday night.

You don't got to talk about efficiency stats with toronto or giannis because they got the best win - loss record in the nba!

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He did as the Spurs series progressed. Nene got hurt I believe in Game 4. Then D'Antoni told everyone he was likely gonna play only 6 or 7 guys in Game 5. And that's exactly what he did. Only 7 guys were used in an overtime game that effectively decided the series. Montrezl never played a single minute.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

hard to look at tre in 17 and compare him to now. he wasn't exactly deserving of minutes at the time. Either way we know how game 6 at home turned out and I'd rather not go down that nightmare road again lol