1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the first time since 2017-18 that I feel the Rockets should win every game they play.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 25, 2020.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Honestly not sure that 2020 Westbrook is a better player than 2018 CP3. I just wont agree that it's an open and shut case. CP had hall of fame defense, all range shooting, ballhandling, and IQ. Westbrook has hall of fame speed, agility, athleticism and interior finishing, and his midrange is getting better.

And following this kind of analysis, is House better than Capela? We didn't swap Ariza for Cov, we lost Ariza and swapped Capela for Cov.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Question: could CP3 run this 5 out offense?

Rocket River

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That 17-18 team was in another stratosphere. They would destroy this squad. Great team defense, the best version of Harden to date and CP3 was amazing that year.

YOLO likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

is there some kind of limitation that he wouldn't be able to? he actually adds a true 5 out because he can actually shoot

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That team was amazing. The offense was so good, either being led by Harden or CP3. The defense was elite too. Opposing teams had no chance. We had so many boring wins that season. Even when we were down big we would just hit a bunch of threes pull out the victory, like that comeback win in Portland.

This team is different. In the small post-Capela sample size so far we look to be pretty damn good, on both sides of the ball. I honestly think this team is a bit deeper than that team. We have so many veterans and have a legit ten man rotation.

dreamshakin likes this.
  7. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's funny how just a few weeks ago there was a thread saying the Rockets' future was as bleak as he had seen in the past 20 years.

Pandaemonaeon and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

we shot 29% from three vs boston and won by 11. be quiet

don't ever disrespect this team again by implying we need to be careful of the grizzlies. they are ants compared to us

RustyHarden likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Probably. But I'm not sure how much we need to justify that, he had us on the cusp of the finals anyways. He was so clutch in that Utah and Golden State series.

dreamshakin, ksny15 and YOLO like this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Na man this is the NBA any team can lose any night im probably older than you been thru dream, francis and tmac area, so i seen alot too. If you need homerism at its finest then smoke up homie cause you seen when those 3pts shots cant fall. Im not disprecting nothing, i just said rockets aint winning out.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The numbers show that the current small ball Houston rockets have a better offense than the 17-18 Rockets and I don't think we are done jelling yet.

12. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

rockets aren't going to lose to any of those teams

13. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

"Rockets are going to lose the game if there shots are not falling. doesnt matter what team they are playing."

^ this is what i was disputing

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets 40-0! go rockets! Wins nba finals vs bucks.

Whoo hoo....

Happy?

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

:)

16. bongman

bongman Member

So now claiming some sort of authority because of your age? When somebody begins using their credentials, that only means they have no more premises.Why don't you make another bold prediction like I am not winning the lottery. Weak!

D-rock likes this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Best defensive team of the Harden era and also the best hustle team of the Harden era.

slickricky, D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

I’m feeling almost like 07-08 with the streak that indeed every game should be a win. This time much more offense related, but we play good enough defense as well. Offensively I don’t think any Harden team can hang with this one once it reaches the playoffs. I really don’t. This small ball really is something else!!!

slickricky and D-rock like this.
  19. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Th
    ats why rockets got a deep rotation now. We actually using a 8-9 man a game. incredible that stubborn old man use to only do 6-8 during playoffs and the players were tired.

20. alethios

alethios Member

INB4 @DreamShook reprimands CF for calling this a winning streak. :D

D-rock and DreamShook like this.