1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This board is pathetic sometimes

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by barnsleyfan123, Nov 26, 2018.

1. rammo

rammo Member

I’m still trying to find the words to describe the feeling of watching James Harden literally rip a team to pieces with one hand, yet continue to give them the ball back (and stay in the game) with basic turnovers with the other.

Ahh I love being a Rockets supporter for reasons just like that. Never a dull moment.

Please get him some decent bench help Murray, FFS.

#keeptheheadband

topfive likes this.
  2. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

try and suck at your job and see if you dont get fire. What make them so special compared to the rest of us?

3. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Member

I think if you define "suck" as developing a team that was 1 injury away from winning an NBA championship; then yeah, I don't think I'd be fired from my job.

We are 4 games out of 1st place; let's see how the season plays out before we start acting like drama queens

BamBam likes this.
  4. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Member

I definitely see your point but if you read the comments it is absolutely ridiculous how knee-jerk people get. When we go on a 10 game win streak I bet the "fire morey" haters pipe down

5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

preach it brotha, some of my thoughts to a T. some of these fans b****ing on here are probably too young to even remember when Kevin Martin or Steve Francis was our best player and we dreamed of even having a player of the caliber of James Harden or CP3. and now all of these muther ****ers want to jump ship. get the **** off. its the damn beginning of the regular season and this roster is obviously not done, but everyone here wants to fire Morey, LOL! at least morey has the balls to swing for the fences and deal with the consequences when it doesn't work, knowing how hard it is to even compete for an NBA championship, much less win one. And they put all their chips in, and we had a shot last year, a real shot, the first one in a long ****ing time. and yes here these p*****s are that want to b**** and moan and blame melo, blah blah blah. get the **** out of here. remember when we had to experiement with jeremy lin, LOL!

its not like this is the last year that we have to compete. we've got at least two more years after this, the way hardens been playing. we're gonna get another free agent or trade, so what's with all the finger pointing, b****ing about Tilman? let me guess, you guys think Les alexander was gonna pay Ariza and Moute! LOL.. we got lucky getting moute for the minimum last year, and squeezed out his last good year. we got the best years out of Ariza and knew it was time to let him walk, which is why he only got a one year contract! that's the best he could get. and some idiots really think that tilman is a bad owner cuz he don't want to pay that hefty salary along with the luxury taxes? its not like he ever stopped Kevin durant anyways. He had a hand in his face and then went down to the other side and missed a wide open 3!

RocketWalta, HP3 and kjayp like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

On the bright side Clutchfans is very consistent!

It just doesn't feel like the right board without poorly thought out, knee jerk threads after losses.

HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some of us are getting a kick out of reading those knee jerkers, lightens up the mood.

amaru likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I like hearing how the MVP is fat, we gave up way too much for CP3 and how a guy who hasn't been with the team for a month is still somehow the cause of all our issues. :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The contract might be bad for a team who wishes to retool fast, moving it to get a younger star.

But with Morey and Fertitta there is surely no way around riding it out. I wished to have a younger star but that is just a personal fantasy.

10. amaru

amaru Member

That dream was crushed when they gave Ryan Anderson a big contract. Now that's a guy who is still screwing the team even though he's strong ( the contracts traded for his had to be bad because his was atrocious.)

I'm convinced had they had that space that Anderson was occupying last season, we could have won it all. That could have been used for a back up pg and pf.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Lol

I love how everything bad traces back to Ryan Anderson. It’s like some twisted seven degrees to Kevin Bacon joke.

12. amaru

amaru Member

That's where having 20 million dollars of cap space tied into nothing began. The only difference now is that space is split between Chriss and Knight. The Anderson signing will most likely go down as Morey's worst move.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Worst moves financially but there are other moves like drafting Marcus Morris over Kawhi that was horrible in retrospect and also at that time.

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

Daryl Morey screwed this season over. Whether it is his trust in CP and Harden to bring in FAs, or his inability to negotiate with CP about his salary, this team is terrible this year because of Morey, and he HAS to own up to that. No excuses.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Exactly... Shoot if we hit our stride, we can still end up being the top seed considering we are only 4 games back. We just need some bench help. Best of all none of the other teams really stand out so far...

16. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I don’t recall anyone thinking much of Kawhi at the time. For whatever reason, Pop was in love with him and traded George Hill for him. Who knows if Kawhi would have developed into more than a solid role player without Pop...

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would gladly give those 20 million to a Khris Middleton type of player.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What was the alternative?

Lowballing CP3 doesn't seem realistic. Would you have preferred not getting CP3 at all?

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Even if we signed CP3 to a HUGE discount like $15m a year and we're going back to when Clint's cap hold was just $5m...we'd still be over the cap.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That sounds like the makings of a wager.....what should the stakes be?