1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This board is pathetic sometimes

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by barnsleyfan123, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I understand the impression, but one person was bumping several old "Fire Morey" and "Fire D'Antoni" threads.

But there is going to be criticism from fans because they're passionate about the team and it hurts to see them struggle.

2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Criticism is fine, some posters turned on Harden so quickly when he tried to make the right play and capitalize in transition. The Wizards played great defense and a time out probably should have been called. How does one forget the only reason theyre even in the game is because of james harden.

The fire morey and dantoni posters are nothing new. Niether should be fired. We have been down that road and it accomplishes nothing.

skroodup25, BleedsRocketRed and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Im cool with that, it's 90% of people making the criticisms, dont know what they are talking about.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, I got you.

I'm almost always championship or bust. Cause I think that's the mentality you have to have. My caveats have always been (i) getting there in the least amount of time, so that if it makes sense to take a step back in order to take two steps forward in the future, that's fine, and (ii) 2 championships is better than one, so that if there's a way to increase the probability of dynasty, even if it means taking a step back or not being as good for whatever reason one year, than that's fine, too.

I think DM probably "rolls the dice" too much in the face of what is his own underlying big picture system (one based on math basically), and too often throws out that tired "talent trumps everything" comment, which while mostly true, is also not, imo, 100% true.

He lost me at the Melo signing.

I don't care how iffy one might have been on the CP3 signing - I didn't see a great mesh, and to be honest it still doesn't "mesh" great, it just works when healthy because of the rotational concept its allowed. Because you could have thought, "not the best fit" while also DEFINITELY being open to the idea of it maybe working really well.

But no one in their right mind could have looked at anything about Melo and thought - yep, this is a good pickup. Even at the cost. It's one move, but its somewhat symbolic of his moves this offseason.

MCW?? Seriously? MCW?? What about his game, IN ANY WAY, made him seem like a system fit??

DaDakota, BleedsRocketRed and HP3 like this.
  5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Damn.. You can replace “board” with “team” in the title and it’ll still be true. What a coincidence.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, too many people freaking out.

Being a 65 win team is freaking hard and a lot has to go right. Replicating that is not easy at all. Chris Paul is clearly not 100% and there's some work to do, but people need to chill the F out instead of going nutso.

7. houtown

houtown Member

Yeah, any one who points out the ineptness from the coaches to the players of the rockets this early season is pathetic. I sense sensitive fanboys or people who cannot take honest criticism. All the criticism is conjecture anyway, no one is asking you to agree with it being no one really Knows what really is going on anyway as a fan due to the phoniness from the players and coaches to the front office nowadays anyway.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tillman risked winning in favor of his luxury tax profit. Good job Tillman.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Many people on here just cant come to grips with the fact that the NBA is a business...

Tilman is a business owner who is trying to be successful and most importantly - turn a tidy profit - thats reality.

Most 'fans' want is to win at any cost - and thats looking at things through the eyes of a child... an immature child....

Throughout the years that many termed 'the treadmill of mediocrity' where we couldnt tank and were the perennial 14-15th pick... everybody was clamoring for a superstar... "You cant win in todays NBA without a superstar..."

So we got the MVP... and he got his super uber duper max deal to keep him...

Then it was all about we need a second star - "gotta have at least 2 to win in today's NBA.. James cant do it all...."

So we got CP3 - and it cost 4/160M to keep him....

Then CC got paid... young guy essential to our future.... still got EGo...

Now everybody wants to b**** bc Tilman/Morey/whoever let an aging Ariza and an injured Luc go...

We got the 5th highest payroll in the league, yet folks want to b**** bc we let a couple 'role players' with questionable future production go... smh...

Further, if you refer to half of our roster as 'scrubs' - then yer not a Rockets fan - yer a starchaser... and i dgaf what you think bc yer a spoiled brat who doesnt appreciate the game or understand operating within a budget... probably still living off Mommy and Daddy... lol

We have plenty of room for improvement... consistent focus (ie fewer turnovers, consistent d), clock management (not rushing shots when were up and not being lacksidaical when were down), less chucking and more high % shots, developing players and dealing with the growing pains (like we should have done with Trez), etc...

but to get on here and call our guys scrubs or say this person should get fired - or that person should get fired - is just ignorant...imo...

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is getting tiresome seeing nothing but Fire Dantoni, Fire Morey, Harden doesn't make me Hard anymore. Chris Paul is a horrible contract, Clint will never average 20, which means he sucks etc..

I don't give a crap if they are "passionate". somehow and not just stupid.

Starting to look increasingly elsewhere for intelligent takes on the Rockets.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah that's it. I don't get where this 'no criticism' agenda comes from.... fans always gonna critique and hold players&staff accountable for underperforming. Geez that's only a board on the internet and some people are acting like criticizing rocket member is like insulting their family, while arena is still empty even last year... Europe is so much different from that standpoint. Maybe that's why Doncic is handling pressure that good? He lived through highest pressure you can while being <18. Turkey&Greek& even Spain fans are something else with good and the bad... Good being they fill arenas up every game no matter what and they are so loud you can't hear your partner talking. Bad? If player would go out drinking after a loss he even may end up in hospital. Going from euroleague finals to living care free on some bum Dallas team must feel easy

But back to rockets - maybe owner and Morey are being cheap because even with wcf team arena still was EMPTY? They getting that Asian money no matter what anyway

12. farhen

farhen Member

GTFO here

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We play a pretty ISO brand of b-ball sprinkled with some PnR but is Morey really as result oriented as he says he is?

Or maybe it is just one of those down years, attempting to get used to the New Freedom of Movement guideline.

#33 daywalker02, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I really like this team and truly expect them to be in the Western Conference Finals
    and eventually the NBA Finals

People lament the loss of Ariza and Luc
    I like them as guys but for the cost . .. I am ok with it

I am very much intriqued by Ennis/Clark/HArtenstein
    I think by season end we might see Horry/Cassell like impact in game
    YES THAT IS HIGH PRAISE INDEED

Rocket River

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ON MORE THING
    I don't think the focus needs to be on being a top seed
    it should be on playing ROCKETS BALL at the right time at the end of the season
    Just get into the Playoffs playing well . . .. and I think we will be ok

Rocket River

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Who’s your man crush Wednesday?
    And what kind of highlights are we talking here?
    Dwight?
    ;)

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can understand the negativity, we're coming off a great season, the roster is not exactly the same but the core is, and losing the way we are losing is indeed frustrating (and it's happening against bad teams with players i personally hate like Blake and Wall making big shots). But this situation is not completely unexpected, we knew we were going to have an old roster with potentially big injury problems and no flexibility once we resigned Chris...and in fact thank god we resigned Capela to a team friendly contract, just imagine if some team would've thrown a max to him.

But at this point i don't think making some sort of panic moves will help much in the long run, i'd rather wait the right moment to do a solid move (if not a great one) while getting a lower seed, than making a couple of minor moves for expiring and decent role players wasting the few assets we have just to be a couple of spots higher in the standing.

And just do what's better for the franchise going forward, i'm not saying we should tank, but if the season will turn out to be the same as 2015/16 than yes, give it up and tank, we could've got a lottery pick in that season and select LeVert or Prince (and maybe now we would've Butler) instead of making the playoffs with a broken team just to gift the Jazz with a lottery pick and get our ass kicked by the Warriors in the first round.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not a chance, this team is broken at it's core, and lacks leadership on the bench and on the court, there is no accountability.

The "Oh, well we lost" Fat CAT-ITIS syndrome is a loser mentality.

Harden got his MVP - not the same drive
    CP3 got paid - not the same drive

Those are your leaders - those are the guys right now that can turn this around, IF they commit to doing what it takes to win, and that means protecting the DAMNED ball late in games....playing WINNING basketball over....hey look at me, I can do something fancy ball.

DD

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This gif is a PERFECT illustration of Clutchfans! Whenever things are going bad, there is ALWAYS a long line of people who think they know how to fix the problem. If it was easy, there would be 30 NBA Champions EVERY year...

Yes, I’m whining...:eek:

Go Rockets!!!

HP3 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Cp3 is goin to miss at least 20 more games this season. That expected. If we know it, morey should know it.