1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This board is pathetic sometimes

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by barnsleyfan123, Nov 26, 2018.

1. barnsleyfan123

Fire Morey? Fire D’Antoni?

Jesus- get a grip.

Morey is one of the best GM’s in the league and D’Antoni is one of the best coaches.

Our whole success is based upon making calculated risks/decisions- we let parsons go, we traded for harden, traded for cp3.

It works most of the time but every decision is a risk.

The season is still young, the west is wide open. Not the same as last year. If we can hit our stride I still fancy us to be in the top 3.

I do agree we need to make a trade but we’ve had some awful luck with injuries.

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Top 3 hahahaha. Get a fkin clue

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Loser's comment.

deadlybulb, RCPM, Deuce and 10 others like this.
  4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

To be fair most people in our lives dont want to hear the ear beatings after a tough loss. This is a healthy outlet. It gets annoying but the lows are low and the highs are high

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Really? Cause the lows are REALLY low on this board....and the highs....are well nice, but its mostly because the stupid people dont really post.

Roomba likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whining about the whiners, makes you a whiner.

:)

Welcome aboard snowflakes.....

DD

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I have a grip of people on the ignore list. I'm the master of my own universe

acsorelle4, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

All bedwetters, please go to the Texans fan sites until the Rockets start winning again.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

False equivalence. Also its not just whiners, its people who make dumb posts..LOL get to work Daryl. :)

jordnnnn, Patience and roslolian like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm just here for the MCW highlights.

11. BleedsRocketRed

I agree, the fire Morey and Dantoni posts are knee jerk extreme and would do more harm than good.

Our team just isnt that good this year. They moves didn't pay off but you cant expect our GM and Coach to turn water into wine. You fire either of those two and this team plummets into oblivion for years to come. I get it, you're angry and need to place blame but my goodness.

Morey would find a job so fast and instantly make their team better its not even funny
    Who do you replace Dantoni with huh? What coach out there is going to fix the problem of the teams talent not being that good? Didn't we learn this lesson with JB? Come on

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah Morey himself said the CP3 acquisition was risky.

Gave up a lot of guys and look, Clippers are first in the west now.

Then to resign CP3 we needed to let Ariza go.

So risky? Yes. Worth it? Yes I would argue so considering how good they were last year.

Patience, AroundTheWorld and J Sizzle like this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The real whiners are the people who cant stand someone calling out the team when they suck.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

We needed to let Ariza go regardless cp3 or no cp3 you don't pay him 15M a year to do what he is doing in Atlanta.

Clips being first in the West is a joke, its gonna sort itself by end of season.

Offseason moves by Morey were correct for the most part, the only mistakes he made so far is:
    1. Giving up on Melo too soon
    2. Signing MCW instead of another guy
    3. Trading Scrubberson (was assuming BK could play). We lost D Anthony Melton who I think would have flourished in our system for nothing.

If any of those 3 pts dont happen we would still be in the top 4 now.

But all is not lost this roster just needs 1 quality player. Thats it. If BK comes back healthy he can be the 6th man and we can have Harden, Cp3 and Gordon as the sf. A but small but damn the firepower would be insane.

Hmc415, kjayp and HP3 like this.
  15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I cant believe these chicken littles and I'm serious. But besides the point can we talk about how hot James Harden is? I swear his thighs n ass are massive my mind is blown I cant believe this

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, definitely agree with this. This isn't a case of McFail... though to be fair McFail WAS fired in similar circumstances, and no one on the board was considered whiners for agreeing with that move... but again, this isn't that sitaution

Well... maybe. Definitely better than average and not bad. After that, it's really hard to tell.

I mean, to be fair, if someone is whining about DM, they might be whining about the whole approach. Maybe this isn't the right approach? I don't know.

At some point you do have to ask yourself some logical questions like "why do they insist on NOT signing great 3 point shooters?" or "why does DM have a hardon for undersized bigs and always has?" Etc.

Valid questions at least.

Again, if someone is whining, it MIGHT be because ultimately, this business is about the end game, and either getting there or improving to get there. DM hasn't gotten there, and this year is a step back, something that has happened with his squads before.

Agreed. I don't know about top 3 at this point. They're already like 2/3 the way to last year's loss total, lol. And the math to get to 50 or 55 wins will require close to as good as they can be with this roster and everything going well.

But if healthy, it's still a really good team.

But if healthy, it's still not as good a team as last year.

That's worth a whine, imo.

Well it's painfully clear that the team doesn't have enough 1-8, and furthermore isn't deep enough 1-12ish to sustain the occasional injury and keep 1-8 fresh.

whiskeyred and J.R. like this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

By sometimes you mean all the time.

HP3 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL worth a whine, gimme a break, this goes beyond whining. Also..Daryl is def one of the best in the league, look at how much sucess this franchise had had since he took over. One questionable off season isnt enough to deter me from that.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They have 0 championships since he took over.
    I'm a DM fan.

But as I've made my point clear in the past on debates about things like Harden in the past, it's the same for DM or anyone in the organization for me. I'm championship or bust.... all the time.

I ABSOLUTELY appreciate them not completely sucking for a multi-year period. Or being completely mediocre and usually missing the playoffs, as was typical of the late oughts Rockets.

So I'm not even advocating getting rid of DM. And if I was, I wouldn't be advocating getting rid of him for someone worse, which would certainly be a possibility as he's clearly above average.

But it's absolutely more than fair to whine about his moves overall. The proof is in the pudding. His offseason has been a failure almost across the board.

HP3 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea but its one questionable off season among many success, he's human it happens. But i get what you mean, especially if you are a champioinship or bust guy 100% of the time, especially this year, since thats where im at too :(

Also when I was talkin about whining, it was not directed at you.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.