1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

things that don't make sense

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by morpheus133, Aug 19, 2004.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

larry brown is guilty of not playing his only shooter: carmelo anthony. he should start carmelo at jefferson's spot and lebron at marbury's. i watched the warmup games last week when carmelo led the team in points the first two games and it just seemed obvious that he was the go to guy at points and it would open things up for others.

also, why don't more teams play zone in the nba if it is so effective. cheap teams like the clippers could stay competitive by just getting big shooting type euro players inside and shooters on the perimeter. no need to pay jefferson 70 million when you can get someone like harpring or kittles.

one last thing. how come euro players are such great penetrators but unable to duplicate it in the nba? i have wondered this for years. there was a russian guard who would routinely blow by kevin johnson back during the 1994 world championships. kj couldn't keep him in front. the guy had a mustache and tried out for the hawks i think but didn't make it. in sydney that lithuania point guard lit up the usa even though he was still a collegiate player in the us. and it seems like every single game for the past 2 weeks there is a guard or guards from every team that can get into the lane on iverson and marbury and reak havoc. weird.

2. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

These are my opinions...

1. Carmelo was the leading scorer but he was also near the bottom in terms of FG%. I think Carmelo has been shooting something like 15% in his past five games, but I agree that he's probably the best pure shooter when he's not slumping. However, there's no denying that he has been slumping and he does nothing else to help the team win because he might as well be a ghost on defense. His attitude certainly doesn't help(probably the biggest reason he's not playing).

2. NBA teams almost always have a few zonebusters. This Olympic team, however, does not, so it makes it seem like the zone would be unstoppable in the NBA. The shorter 3 point line means that they can pack it in more in FIBA play so there's even less room to operate if you can't hit the 3.

3. Must be the uniforms.