1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#1 Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    pirc1 and No Worries like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looks at OP title...

How is this not an incest thread?

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Because that's the norm. He said things were getting strange.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. Buck Turgidson

Trump said, at a rally, "Maybe I made a mistake?" after the poll numbers came out, before the vote.

He's a bullshitter. Nothing but.

adoo, edwardc and No Worries like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Roy Moore is a fun guy:

"Homosexual conduct should be illegal, yes."
    ---
    "In 1943, we would never have allowed a member of Congress to take their oath on ‘Mein Kampf,’ or someone in the 1950s to swear allegiance to the ‘Communist Manifesto,’ ” he wrote [Ellison wanted to be sworn in with a Quran].

“Congress has the authority and should act to prohibit Ellison from taking the congressional oath today!”

In that same piece, Moore said that there’s enough evidence for Congress “to question Ellison’s qualifications to be a member of Congress” because, he wrote, Islam is “directly contrary to the principles of the Constitution.”

---
    "Now, I haven't seen one thing in the press about this, and yet the President of the United States will not produce his birth certificate," Moore said in 2009. "That's very strange indeed. Why we don't hear about it — because the press won't report it."
    ---
    “We have blacks and whites fighting, reds and yellows fighting, Democrats and Republicans fighting, men and women fighting. What’s going to unite us? What’s going to bring us back together? A president? A Congress? No. It’s going to be God"
    ---
    "We have child abuse, we have sodomy, we have murder, we have rape, we have all kind of immoral things happening because we have forgotten God.”

He then broke out in verse:

“Babies piled in dumpsters, abortion on demand,
    Oh, sweet land of liberty, your house is on the sand.”

---
    "But separation of church and state was never meant to separate God and government."
    ---
    "The federal courts need to respect the rights of the great majority of the American people who believe in God and recognize that the only purpose of the religion clause of the First Amendment is to preserve the rights of conscience given to us by the Creator."

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As I said the other day.... the Republican Party will continue to go harder to the Right as candidates like Roy Moore and Kid Rock are what the new party voters want at the end of the day. I doubt Steve Bannon thinks Roy Moore is actually a good politician. He's just another vehicle to help destroy and reform the Right as a destructive force.

I imagine that Bannon and others on the right fueling this machine imagine themselves like Tyler Durden, breaking down the system for the better good. When they don't realize he was really just a bat-**** crazy terrorist who happened to have good abs and took advantage of alot of very depressed and disgruntled people who were easily influenced.

I have no idea how we've gotten to this point, and at the same time we all should have seen this coming for years. Even pop culture warned us about the dangers of a central figure taking advantage of grievance.

justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've been googling to get a good picture of Roy Moore's abs, but I can't find any. He looks a little paunchy in some photos, so I'll be a bit surprised if he's got good abs. But, if he does, more power to him -- a guy that age, it's hard to keep in such good shape.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

One of my favorite writers did a piece on this. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...non-splits-from-trump-hilarity-ensues-w504732

A little snippet

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Milton nailed it in Paradise Lost. The Devil was not really such a bad angel, but he had a big-time sense of injured merit.

The sense of injured merit is fueling the hard right, bigly, and they've got a lot left to burn. I want to be optimistic, but it is not looking good.

Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ahahaha... I'd rather picture Moore's abs than Steve Bannons.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Where does the Republican Party find these lunatics. Are they combing the mental hospitals? This Moore fellow is mentally ill. Is trump contagious? Oh, and the trump backed Strange dude lost. Moore busy tossing more egg in the face of the Lunatic in Chief.

14. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Unfortunately, a large number of people agree with him. He just won the election by a double digit margin ....

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Where do they find them? Dude, what America do you live in?

If you think you need to go to a mental hospital to find people who think that way then you are part of the "This is why Trump won" meme.

I know liberals like to point out that conservatives live in an echo chamber with Fox News and talk radio, but liberals live in one that's just as sound proof.

TheresTheDagger and Cold Hard like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Getting a bit hot? Folks were warned to not play with fire. But it's only Alabama... for now.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Most definitely (and no offense to Deck). Liberals in areas like San Francisco, and at my dumb university, are also busily building iron-clad bubbles within their existing bubbles. It's so crazy and disturbing and counter-productive to the greater good of our shared future.

Cold Hard likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

True conservative Republicans, and the moderate Republicans that are left, need to get serious about battling in the GOP primaries. That's what has happen if they are ever going to rid their party of these extremists. A minority of Republicans, the extremists, actually organize and vote in the primaries. That's what has the GOP members of Congress tripping over themselves to be as extreme in their views as they can manage without throwing up.

It isn't the Democrats that worry them, not yet. That's coming. It's the far-right of the party, again, a minority, that is dominating the GOP because they organize and they vote, with billionaire extremists throwing huge amounts of money at them. That, and fear. The Republicans in Congress who aren't extremists are cowards.

Republicans need to take back the Republican Party.

With all due respect, bullshit. That certainly doesn't describe me. Does it describe you?

#18 Deckard, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The grammar of the sentence is rather confusing. I assumed he could not possibly have been referring to Bannon's abs. And, I was afraid to google it anyway.

20. myco

myco Contributing Member

Tyler Durden = Brad Pitt