1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Saw 'Fighting With My Family' last night. I thought it was an outstanding film. It's a true story too.

Dave2000 likes this.
  2. buffalobills!!!

You were not too far in front of me and looks like you were in the same section. Certainly blessed to be behind the Naomi and Carmella pod! Naomi's booty was certainly distracting lol. Great event that surpassed my expectations as my first wrestling event ever

Dave2000 likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Glad Kevin Owens is back. I guess he's a babyface now and does the stunner as a finish?

Dave2000 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

Anyone else catch the Tessa Taya street fight on Impact. The cookie sheet shot looked really painful.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'd highly recommend, watched advance screening of it about a week before its release, probably liked it more since we follow WWE but still a good story of "chasing your dreams"

The "sextape" joke was kind of odd to have, I hear that it was part of the script before the leaks were released

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Dave2000

nope but did meet Scarlett Bordeaux at a ROW meet and greet last Saturday, my god she's gorgeous in person :eek:

body slam likes this.
  7. buffalobills!!!

ROW gets some fine women to their shows

Dave2000 likes this.
  8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

NXT Championship
    Tomasso Ciampa (c) vs Johnny Gargano

NXT Women’s Championship
    Shayna Baszler (c) vs lo Shirai vs Bianca Belair vs Kairi Sane

NXT North American Championship
    Velveteen Dream (c) vs Matt Riddle vs Adam Cole. Possibly this could expand into another Ladder Match. Punishment Martinez is a part of the storyline.

NXT Tag Team Championship
    War Raiders (c) vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black

WWE United Kingdom Championship
    Pete Dunne (c) vs WALTER

clutch citizen likes this.
  9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Great card. I hate that Ricochet and Black are a tag team. So random, and both are good/big enough to be pushed as singles. Especially now. Their new followers might see them as a team first, which will create an unnecessary hole to climb out of when they go back to being singles wrestlers.

body slam likes this.
  10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

There’s so much talent on RAW and SD. I wouldn’t mind if they tagged at least till after WM. WWE wants too beef up the Tag division (likely something Young Bucks and AEW pushed them to do). I don’t think they would get much TV time as singles wrestlers, they can be in Championship PPV matches as a team.

Would dig The Usos vs The Bar vs The Hardys vs Ricochet & Black at WM or Revival vs Ricochet & Black

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

R.I.P King Kong Bundy.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The list of WWE Champions heading into WM is prestigious and well done. All the Championship matches can range from great to classics)

LESNAR (v Rollins)
    DANIEL BRYAN (v Kofi)
    RONDA (v Becky v Charlotte)
    ASUKA (vs no clue..Nia? Lacey? Shayna?)
    BALOR (vs have no clue. Sami/Ricochet/etc)
    SAMOA JOE (hope for a WM Ladder Match)
    BAYLEY & SASHA (vs ? Lita & Trish?)
    FASTLANE WINNER (Revival/Black & Ricochet/Gable & Jordan) (vs. ?)
    THE USOS (vs. one/all of Hardys/Bar/Big E & Woods)
    BUDDY MURPHY (vs tourney winner, hope it’s Carrillo)

10 Title Matches

+ Batista/Triple H & the reported Stroman/Reigns/Ambrose v Lashley/McIntyre/Corbin six man tag

Leaves probably two more matches for the card amongst a ton of talent without a place yet.

Six man Ladder Match for the U.S. title gives the likes of AJ, Shinsuke, Andrade, Mysterio, Rusev, Ali, KO, Orton, The Miz, Truth a Big Title match). Could make 1-2 singles matches out of that group. Probably nothing else left from RAW. Don’t think the recent Big 4 NXT call ups work both TakeOver & WM

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Beavis Stiffler

WrestleMania XXXVI will be at Tampa Bay next year.

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Probably going to be ROH/New Japan, AEW, Evolve, etc shows + NXT. Awesome weekend of wrestling

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Wonder how they’re gonna do all their shows.

Smackdown Friday, nxt Saturday? Where does that leave the hall of fame.

They won’t have shows opposite nxt. They usually have them run an hour after nxt is done.

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Most the shows are daytime.

17. Dave2000

PPVs have been on fire since Dec, happy they are figuring out they are not just glorified episodes of Raw/SD

18. Fantasma Negro

Sarcasm?

19. Dave2000

you don't agree? cause I thought most PPVs of 2018 was not that great

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was putting one of the kids to bed during most of the WWE title match. Should I go back and rewatch it? I saw Ali come out and was 99% sure he would eat the pin but I bet the match itself was great.

I liked the US title match, even though I was sure Joe would win (it would be dumb to have him lose it already). The Raw tag team match was good enough. Those were the only three matches I was turning in for. Had zero interest in Shield, "Boss 'N Hug Connection"*, Asuka/Rose, Usos/Shane&Miz.

The wildcard match for me was Becky and Charlotte; I didn't know how that would play out. Turns out it was a nothing-burger and just a footnote in the story of the upcoming WM match. Lame, but I don't know what else they could have done if they were intent on selling Becky's knee injury.

*Worst wrestling team name of all time. I really hope Sasha bails on WWE if they don't turn her heel and give her main event booking after WM.