1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Ambrose for 3 years in AEW will be great and a big name that is going to grab lots of WWE fans when they get a tv deal. Will be cool too see him face Omega, Page, Janela, etc. AEW’s roster is loaded with lucha/cruiserweight types already (with lots more too come likely) so adding a few more brawler types balances it out a little less on the Young Bucks side more to the old-school Cody side.

Four wrestlers that were linked to signing in AEW.

Sammy Guevara - Lucha Underground/AAA
    Kylie Rae - Rise/Stardom
    ‘Best Friends’ Chuckie T (Chuck Taylor) and Beretta - ROH/NJPW. Finishing with NJPW this weekend

2. body slam

body slam Member

AEW? How do you know Ambrose is not going to make a Impact elsewhere?

3. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Same reason he won’t wear Honorable Rings. He turned down a seven figure deal. If he goes anywhere, it’ll be for that sweet Kahn money.

4. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Man, reports are Rousey v Lynch will close WM. I started watching wrestling again around WM 31 which had one throw away women’s match towards the beginning of the card. It’s amazing how far the women’s division has come in 4 years.

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix too AEW.

6. body slam

body slam Member

I don't think the Lucha Bros are a exclusive deal, but still a good get. Jericho is not impressed. It looks like they might be building something for double or nothing.

7. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Supposedly Jericho is pushing for Brock but there is no way Vince let’s him go. One of the last few names capable of attracting non hardcore wrestling fans to events.

8. body slam

body slam Member

I meant that he is already working a angle by making the comment "Everybody is so excited, except me. Both are pale comparison to my mentors: Negro Casas, Bestia Salvaje, and Emilio Charles. So, stay the hell away from me."

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Your right, I think the Jericho thing is a Double or Nothing angle, he’s likely a huge Pentagon Jr. and Fenix mark.

Jericho vs. Pentagon Jr. is the kind of dream match that will deliver. Throw Fenix in a six man tag w/ the Young Bucks (if NJPW won’t let Ibushi work) vs SoCal Uncensored vs OWE guys.

Thinking Cody vs. MJF is another thing they are building

Hangman, Pac, Omega maybe a fourth guy for the title or two semi-final and a Finals match

body slam likes this.
  10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Pro Wrestling Tees, the official merchandising company of AEW filed copyright claims on CM Punk art recently..only likely reason is CM Punk merch coming

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean they also sell SCSA mercy but that don’t mean he’s showing up at AEW...

And I’m I the only one that isn’t buying the Ambrose news? i think it’s a work, they have never ever announced someone was leaving in 2 months they just announce when they are walking out the door. Plus they added an extra line at the end where they said they hope he returns one day and they never say that either.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't shock me if it's a work.

However his unceremonious elimination from the Rumble (Black knocked him out then immediately turned around, no significant comments from the commentator, it was just no big deal) and him getting beat on by Nia and Tamina the next night were odd. Those 2 things made sense when the rumor broke out that he was going to leave. But then that press release came out and now I don't know what's going on.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Ambrose is gone man. I don't think wwe creative can come up with something like this.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

People always talk crap about WWE and praise places like NJPW but don’t even watch NJPW every week or even really pay attention to the storylines. They just watch the matches and enjoy the product. Is WWE creative as good as it could be? probably not but it’s not like any other company is graded the same as them either.

They came up with the pipebomb and pretty much every other memeorable wresting moment over the past 40 years so I would not say they aren’t capable of anything. Vince is a legend and the disrespect he gets from smarks is unbelievable, like the man hasn’t built the greatest wrestling promotion the world has ever seen.

15. VanityHalfBlack

I do watch NJPW actually and about 10 other promotions. I don't watch raw but I do try to catch up on SD from time to time. I'm not sure why Ambrose would be a work since wwe twitter page announced that he was not resigning the contract. Doesn't mean he won't be back either. It could mean he on hiatus and needed a break, who knows?

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How exactly are you watching NJPW every week? Isn’t their show on axis just random matches from the week and not the actual show?

I mean I think if you see Ambrose on WWE TV again then it it’s a work, I doubt Vince would want to give free advertising to a guy who is leaving.

17. VanityHalfBlack

NJPW World is their streaming service. It just like the wwe network. Ambrose contract won't end till April so you will see him on tv until then.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

But why would they want to put him on TV if he’s going to just leave and go to AEW that’s free adverstising for him and another company. The only reason I can see that they would have announced he was leaving is if they are taking him off TV right now and just wanted to give an explanation for him not being at Mania.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’m pretty sure the Ambrose thing is an angle of a loose cannon, pissing off Triple H leading to there match at WM.

WWE loves Ambrose, Triple H loves Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, the locker room, etc. His wife is the ideal first female commentator. When the time comes too do a proper Shield reunion, Ambrose will return. They want to remain in good standing while letting him do other things for a while, work a lighter schedule, check in on Roman in Florida regularly, etc

WWE’s roster with the talent they have coming up through the NXT brands, 205 live, etc is sustainable enough too let guys like Ambrose, Jericho too go away for 3 years.

I can see Shinsuke, KO, Sami Zayn, Undisputed Era (after a main roster stint), Ziggler, Cesaro, Chad Gable, maybe New Day, etc all going to AEW at some point..but the door staying open for them to return.

Lesnar, AJ, Bryan, Rollins, Finn, Andrade, Joe, Orton, Hardy, Usos, Ali all have a pretty good spot at the top.
    Ciampa, Black, Gargano, Undisputed Era, Velveteen Dream, Pete Dunne, Walter, Ricochet, etc are Future Main eventers

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Didn’t the pipe bomb eventually lead to the summer of punk? Which was just a rehash of what Punk did in ROH?

VanityHalfBlack and body slam like this.