1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

What I hope the women’s PPV looks like:

Smackdown Women’s
    Becky Lynch vs Charlotte

Raw Women’s
    Ronda Rousey vs Natalya (heel turn)

NXT Women’s
    Kairi Sane vs Shayna Bayzler

NXT UK Women’s (Fatal Four-Way)
    Rhea Ripley vs Dakota Kai vs Jinny vs Killer Kelly

WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles
    The Hug N’ Boss Connection vs The IIconics

Alexa Bliss vs Trish Stratus

Ember Moon vs Lita

Meiko Satomura vs Asuka

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Never say never but I have a hunch the Bucks are just being smart negotiators in this case. Make it seem like there's a chance they'll leave so that ROH or NJPW sweetens whatever contract they're offered.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Have you guys seen Impact lately? It is a lot better than before. There are a bunch of Lucha Underground guys there now, and the action and stories are actually pretty good! I think I would rank it ahead of the WWE main shows these days.

1. Lucha Underground
    2. NXT
    3. Impact
    4. WWE Smackdown Live
    5. WWE Raw

body slam likes this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

Impact has been moving in the right direction. Their backstage segments are awesome. The in ring product as of late has been more hit than miss. The only thing I'm not really in to is the LAX vs original LAX stuff. Hope more true wrestling fans start tuning in.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Does anyone else see war games brewing.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Everything on Raw has been sacrificed to give Roman Reigns babyface reactions. It is the point of the entire show.

It's working. But, can't help but think of what we are missing out on. Rollins was red-hot, Ambrose was poised for a meaningful return, Braun was a great face of the company. And KO "quitting" then immediately returning to aide the guy who just squashed him for two months is weird.

I'm not mad about it, but I don't know that it is what they should be doing right now.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I learned a lesson last night: don't go to a house show the night before a PPV. Not a single interesting bump on the whole show, even from the guys not on the PPV.

But New Day was very entertaining. They started the show and were great.

Miz/DB were also great, with Miz doing 95% of the entertaining via the mic. He summoned his inner Rick Rude to tell all the fat, ugly Houston sweathogs to be quiet while he took off his robe, so he could show us what a real man looks like. Then he walked around like he was flexing real hard like Rude.

DB did some Hogan stuff during their short match.

Nak/RTruth was fun too.

Vicki Guerrero was in attendance and sat a few rows in front of us.

yaoistall and Kam like this.
  8. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Felt the same way. Was afraid that would be the direction they would take after they pulled Hardy and Orton off the card.

Miz was so good on the mic. After he finished his promo, my wife said “Alright, he’s now my favorite”.

The best moments from the show were not wrestling related:

- Big E was so over the top with everything he did. Hilarious.
    - Tye Dillinger getting booed because they announced that Shelton Benjamin is “residing in Houston Texas”. He kept looking around like, “wtf is going on? I’m the face in this match dammit!”
    -Iiconics booed so loudly that they couldn’t get their promo off
    -R Truth Nakamura dance off
    - Miz promo

Kam likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I guess Vince just loves WTF endings. What a lame way to end an otherwise really good PPV.

10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, I went to a WWE house show a few years ago and it was so much more fun than watching the TV shows (might have helped that it wasn't right before a PPV). It's just classic wrestling stuff, guys playing to the crowd and doing their stuff with spontaneity instead of adhering to a script and making sure they're always facing the hard camera. It gives you a better appreciation of what they're really like as performers and it's sad that they can't show it as much on Raw and Smackdown.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Elias/KO just gave the best heel heat promo in years..... And it was Elias saying Seattle didn't deserve a NBA team

The crowd booed for at least 5 mins, Cena 2011 MITB type heat, love it

#6371 Dave2000, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Snow Villiers likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not feeling WWE right now. I have Hulu but can't get motivated to watch the abbreviated versions of the shows.

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I can barely stand anything on RAW these days besides Rollins, McIntyre.

SD however is looking great with Almas, Bryan back and even better, The Bar, The most sadistic version of RKO yet, Aidan English killing it and AJ, Shinsuke, Becky & New Day as champs.

The Mae Young classic is my favorite thing in WWE right now. There’s so many people in this tourney who are on or above Charlotte, Becky, Asuka, etc’s level.

Rhea Ripley, Meiko Satomura, Toni Storm, lo Shirai, Mercedes Martinez, Deonna Purrazo, Hiroyo Matsumoto, etc I wish they call could be on the first Women’s PPV

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Who’s gonna stay up/get up early to watch this show? It’s 4am Houston time. Setting my alarm to watch it. Gonna watch it off my phone.

15. Beavis Stiffler

Miz’s promo on AJ Styles’ title reign not headlining main events sorta like the Astros’ World Series title reign not having division series playoff games on prime time.

It almost sounds similar to Alex Bregman’s “Prime Time” promo.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Holy ****.

Feel so bad for Roman Reigns.

Dave2000 and plutoblue11 like this.
  17. Beavis Stiffler

Some turns and twists happened tonight after the unexpected sad news from Roman Reigns and his battle with leukemia.

Elias surprise face turn and Dean Ambrose obvious expected heel turn finally

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

First, stay strong. I had a childhood neighborhood friend that died from leukemia. He had this weird shooting form where he kinda pushed the ball out of his hands, but it had a beautiful arch and and always swished it.

At crown jewel, I hope the match finishes in a no contest, so we can have a tournament or something to find a champion. You don’t have Roman to chase Brock who was never there. If Braun is a face, let him chase for the title.

I wouldn’t mind Dean causing Seth to lose the IC title, and have someone new run with it like Apollo Crews, or anyone.

Then they can feud together in the main title scene.

Dave2000 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Stay strong Roman our thoughts and prayers are with you.

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Ambrose turn was well done and surprising.

Maybe Seth vs Dean for the IC Title at Crown Jewel or Survivor Series

Rollins and McIntyre should be at the top