1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. buffalobills!!!

NJPW on fire. Much better than WWE, it seems

2. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Dave2000 likes this.
  3. buffalobills!!!

Clockwork Jericho

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

It is no doubt superior to WWE, but I’m still pleased with WWE as a whole, that only gets better with the NXT Pipeline and HHH getting more control of cool things to do like the U.K. and Women’s Tourneys

This is a pretty great week to be a wrestling fan. Can’t wait until NJPW starts running a show during WM weekend, way better than the product Ring of Honor became.

I’m excited for these matches on the Network this week:

Gargano v Ciampa Street Fight (Last Match is my WWE MOTY so far)

Ricochet v Velveteen Dream

AJ v Shinsuke Last Man Standing. I’m certain this will be the classic they’ve been booking this feud for and something they haven’t done.

Men and Women’s MITB matches

Carmella v Asuka

Day 1

WWE UK Tourney Semi-Finals and Finals

Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven vs Undisputed Era

NXT Women’s Championship #1 Contender Fatal Four-Way with the U.K.’s best..go Toni Storm.

Day 2

Pete Dunne vs Winner of the Tourney U.K. Title

Adam Cole vs TBA North American Title

Shayna Bayzler vs Winner of the Fatal Four-Way

Undisputed Era vs TBA NXT Tag titles

Aleister Black & Ricochet vs EC3 and Velveteen Dream

5. VanityHalfBlack

Nerd-gasm!!!! Oh and Money in the Bank has to follow that!!

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

That match was BRUTAL. Gargano/Ciampa is the feud of 2018.

Dream/Ricochet was also incredible. Wish they didn't waste Black on freaking Lars Sullivan.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

First 2 match knocked it out of the park, 2 after that was good, then Johnny Wrestling/Psycho Killer match was fantastic

Highly recommend watching a live show at Allstate Arena, so much marks but energy is there throughout, love the small venue feel and the roof is pretty low to keep the noise all in. I can't imagine how it was for Punk's entrance at MITB 2011, still gives me goosebump everytime I watch it

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Agreed. First two matches and Gargano/Ciampa were incredible.

So in a recent interview HHH says WWE is willing to enter a partnership and put on cross-promotion events with NJPW, similar to their partnerships with Progress in the U.K. and Evolve in the U.S. Anything on the Network probably doubles NJPW’s expansion into the U.S. market

I’d love to see something like

Omega vs AJ
    Okada vs Daniel Bryan
    Young Bucks vs New Day
    Naito vs Almas

Jericho, Shinsuke, Cody, Scrull, Finn, Good Brothers, etc

9. VanityHalfBlack

Those marks booed Oney at first. How do you not know who Oney is and is the best talent in NXT right now. That's why they gave Oney a standing ovation after the match. They saw what he could do. Still need to see the main event though. The Nikki Cross match was meh.

10. VanityHalfBlack

The fight forever and Both these guys chant were really cringe worthy. Isn't it better to just chant, 'NXT'?????

11. Fantasma Negro

This was pretty cool

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

AJ/Shinsuke
    Bryan/Cas
    Rollins/Elias
    Both MITB
    End result of both women’s title matches was all good stuff

Dave2000 likes this.
  13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

WWE fired Big Cass today.

I guess he went off script on a promo written by Vince, which infuriated him.

Kind of a shame cause Bryan/Cas was such a well put together and entertaining match.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well what he had heat for was beating down the dwarf several weeks back. He wasn't supposed to do that. He asked Vince if he could, Vince said No, and Cass did it anyway.

So if there was a subsequent promo where Cass once again "went into business for himself" then I'm not surprised he got fired.

15. Buck Turgidson

Alright guys...

What would be a great old-school production or whatever yall call it...like a Wrestlemania 5 or just a tape of good stuff, with the old school guys from the mid-late 80's?

And where would I find such a thing? This is for my brother's bachelor party (at some point in the night this will get thrown on a screen) in several months from now, we haven't watched this since back when we were kids, so I'm kind of at a loss where to start.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

R.I.P Vader

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not sure what to tell you about physical copies. If where you're going will have internet connection (and is fast enough to stream) it might be best to just sign up for the WWE Network for one month ($10).

They have almost all of their old shows available on demand. All of the WrestleManias have to be there.

I think a free trial subscription to WWE Network lasts for 30 days, so you can just sign up and see if it will suit your needs and if not, close your account before the 30 days.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Dude, that's perfect. Big thumbs up.

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The U.K. Championship Tourney was pretty great and I’m glad there’s finally an NXT UK brand and TV show starting tapings in July.

Pete Dunne (the best in the WWE), Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Wolfgang, Zack Gibson, Jack Gallagher, Noam Dar, Joseph Connors, Mark Andrews, Ashton Smith, Travis Banks, Flash Morgan Webster, Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey, Dave Mastiff, Toni Storm, Jinny, Killer Kelly, Isla Dawn are confirmed names on the first roster