1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No. B---lash was so bad that I will never again speak its name. I feel really bad for the people who paid to attend that.

GRR was what it was - a hastily thrown together house show.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just want to say **** Vince McMahon for trying to book Roman as an underdog. What an awful, awful idea.

3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I really enjoyed Backlash even if the outcome of the main event was a letdown and they seemingly wont quit pushing Reigns.
    Rollins/Miz was fantastic, AJ/Shinsuke matches keep elevating in quality..im sure Shinsuke or Joe is next in line at being WWE Champion. Carmella is so fun to watch, Bryan/Cass, Nia/Alexa and Hardy/Orton were all solids. Atleast its much better than the stuff they had to include at the brand exclusive PPV's

I really think Money In The Bank has the potential to be the best card in the MITB series. I havent watched SD but I hope its something like

WWE Championship-AJ vs Shinsuke IV (Last Man Standing) and/or Joe
    Men's MITB-Strowman, Balor, Lashley, Hardy, Orton, Andrade or Joe
    Women's MITB-Ember, Sasha (could still win a spot), Bayley, Asuka, Charlotte, Becky
    Tag Team MITB-The Bar vs New Day vs SAnitY vs KO and Sami vs Authors of Pain vs Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler
    IC Title-Rollins vs Roode
    Bryan vs Big Cass II

4. buffalobills!!!

Hopefully Jordynn Grace wins the Knockouts Title at ROW

5. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Man NXT was a blast! Velveteen Dream vs Ricochet was fantastic! Booker did his first Spin a roonie in two years (according to him). Just a great atmosphere with passionate fans!

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

SD to Fox on Fridays in Oct 2019. Might be 3 hours.

I like that it's going to Fox and that it's on Fridays. 3 hours though??

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Great show, enjoyed all the matches, Fabian/EC3 match was great with Fabian getting Rockets heat, and EC3 shouting "GOLDEN STATE SUCKS" in the middle of the match. Baszler/Kai is actually better than I expected. Velvetten/Ricochet match was fantastic, they'll turn it up a notch for MITB.

I'm curious if it will still be a Live show, that's what makes it great, not sure how they'll pull that off with their schedules

#6267 Dave2000, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    buffalobills!!! likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It will probably be live, from what I heard.

(Source at Fox not WWE; yes it is a real source; no it's not definite as he was just speculating, saying that Fox wants to focus more on live content.)

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. Dave2000

10. Fantasma Negro

11. buffalobills!!!

I prefer Smackdown on Fridays since there aren't really any big name live shows on Friday. I imagine Fox is easier to access than USA for cord cutters without cable, too. Having it spread out from Raw makes it seem likes its own show again. And the Smackdowns after the big PPVs are never crazy and lit like the Raw ones, so no loss there.

Dave2000 likes this.
  12. Beavis Stiffler

3 years ago, Ariza "kinshasa" on Klay Thompson :D

Haymitch likes this.
  13. Dave2000

yesterday's Raw is the first time I've ever head of Elias' theme music.... lol

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I enjoyed the show as well. I will definitely be there for the SD Live house show in September! I was wondering, at the TC, where would I be able to go to try to get a picture with the wrestlers after the show concludes??? I'm sure you'd know because you have gone to many more shows at TC than I have (in fact, that was my first RAW in almost 19 years).

15. Dave2000

It's rare, if you have seats close to the ring, they may take pics with you after the show ends

if you are willing to stand outside the parking garage before the show begins, some do stop and take pics. I saw someone I follow on IG got pics with Ryder, Hawkins, and TJP outside the garage

I thought the show was fine, I can see why it wasn't really favored. Sucks that the main event ended with a DQ since KO/Balor is 2 of my favs at the moment. Dark match was kinda cool, and just not feeling this Lashley/Sami feud where Sami deserves so much better.....

Debating on the house show, honestly, house shows have better matches and no filler talking segments, if I go, probably will be a last min decision. Hoping to host another PPV soon.

I'll be in Chicago next week for Takeover/MITB, pretty hyped about it for the show, and first visit to Chicago :D

#6275 Dave2000, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  16. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

That's what's up. Just like you, hated that the main event ended with a DQ finish, even though it was because KO was being an over-aggressive heel than a cowardly one. No doubt that Sami needs and deserves better than Lashley for a feud to show off his skills. Haven't been to Chicago myself. I missed out on All In tickets, but I hope to go soon.

Dave2000 likes this.
  17. Dave2000

I would've tried to go to All In myself, but had MITB weekend already planned since I found cheap fare tickets in March for like $120 roundtrip, All In would've been hard for tickets since it's on Labor Day weekend. Not sure if I could handle all the marks at All In, but I survived WM34 on Bourbon Street lol

Nick_713 likes this.
  18. Beavis Stiffler

NJPW Dominion is this Saturday.

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Kenny Omega is the NEW IWGP Heavyweight Champ!! ending Okada’s record 720 day reign and largest string of title defenses

Y2J is the new IWGP Intercontinetal Champ officially the G.O.A.T. IC Champion

#6279 Mr.Pringles, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

That was a pretty fantastic show. The Jr. Heavyweight title match and the Young Bucks vs. LIJ tag title match were also really good. I kind of thought they were going to have Ibushi screw over Kenny in the title match but thankfully they did not :)