1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

he "technically" made his debut for a NXT taping in Jan. that is airing this Wednesday, I'm happy he's keeping the Ricochet name

It's Vince's inevitable master plan for Roman :(

All I care is that AJ/Nakamura BETTER be the last match/main event, I can't take seeing Roman main eventing live for the 3rd year in a row....

so who else is planning to make the trip to NOLA? I'll be there :D

2. buffalobills!!!

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really haven't been keeping up with wrestling the last year or so, mainly because of this. It's sad they are so committed to making this guy happen.

They have no competition, so they clearly don't care whether their top guy is liked. Vince is one insanely stubborn mofo.

4. Dave2000

They actually had a pretty good angle going where they had to reunite the SHIELD to get Roman over, then eventually break up again when he's on top, but then Dean got injured. If they really wanted to surprise us, they should've let Strowman win, since he's over as hell right now. I loved how they had Rusev chants during the main event last night, that was pretty awesome

Just give him the title to Roman already, I'm over it, if he's champion, at least it'll be defended on a monthly basis unlike Brock has in the past year. Someone told me that with Rollins lasting hour plus last week during the Gauntlet Match, is more time that Brock has defended the Universal Title since he obtained it last year....

#6144 Dave2000, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah this won't happen. No chance. We'll sooner see that Angle/Ronda v HHH/Steph match be the final one than this.

Anyway how about that Asuka/Nia match? That was surprisingly good. I enjoyed it. I don't expect Asuka/Bliss to be as good.

Here's to hoping we get some interesting story telling in the women's division and we see a heated Bayley/Sasha match at WM. Sasha is amazing and I really hope she gets a good WM match and not some random 4 on 4 tag match like WWE likes to do.

Dave2000 likes this.
  6. buffalobills!!!

Keira Hogan has the physique but Sue Young got the Undead Bride/Sister Abigail character and mannerisms. This is much better than Reigns winning a predictable match we have know since Wrestlemania last year when they had Brock and Roman together somewhere in the decorations.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So. What’s the card looking like?

Bork vs Roman
    AJ vs Nak
    Asuka vs Alexa/Charlotte
    Cena vs Undertaker
    Rock/Angle Ronda Rousey vs TriplestepH

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Guess on the card

RAW side

Lesnar/Reigns - Universal
    Alexa/Asuka - Raw Women’s. Maybe Nia
    Miz/Balor/Rollins - IC Title
    The Bar/Gallows and Anderson - Tag Titles. Maybe The Revival.
    Rousey & Angle vs HHH and Steph
    Cena/Undertaker
    Bayley/Sasha - Kickoff Show

SD Side

AJ/Nak - WWE Championship
    Charlotte/Becky/Naomi/Carmella - Women’s Championship
    Roode/Orton - US Title
    The Uso’s/Bludgeon Brothers/New Day - Tag Titles
    Sami vs KO

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Only one change i would make to your card instead of the Bar facing gallows or anderson maybe it's time to bring up AOP.

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Its definately time they come up..theres alot more in terms of heavyweight style tag teams on RAW than SD though. Would like too see an AOP/War Machine match in NXT before there done..a passing of the torch

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

That would be a really good to see WM haven't seen a big man move like that since Vader.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I will give it to Roman. Even though it was a worked shoot it was a decent promo he gave. I suppose them going with this angle is the best way to get support. I was cringing a bit at the Rousey stuff it got better towards the end. I believe they are trying to get the Rock to come back and do a tag team match with her at Mania vs Steph and Trips.

Also just put Braun in the main event at Mania and make it a Triple Threat. You can still have Roman win by pinning Brock and then the Braun vs Roman feud can continue after with hopefully Braun winning the championship at Summerslam. Braun is just too good to be stuck in a program with Elias(even though I think Elias is decent Braun is just that much better)

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

that had to be one of the best reigns promos. the whole locker room vs lesnar thing is something im surprised they held off on but it is intriguing.
    heyman will take it farther.

WM might have 5 matches a step above what is going to be an excellent TakeOver. AJ/Nak, Sami/KO, Asuka/Alexa or Charlotte, The Tag Titles, etc

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Looks like the NXT TakeOver: NOLA card is set

NXT Championship
    Andrade Cien Almas vs Aleister Black

NXT Women's Championship
    Ember Moon vs Shayna Bayzler

NXT North American Championship Ladder Match
    Lars Sullivan vs Killian Dain vs Velveteen Dream vs EC3 vs Adam Cole vs Ricochet

NXT Tag Team Championship & Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Trophy
    Undisputed Era vs Authors of Pain vs Pete Dunne and Roderick Strong

Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa

15. 713

713 Member

I want a Cena heel turn on Reigns/AJ/Nakamura after Mania for not being on the card. Don't think Taker is coming back.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Fastlane ended up being much better then I expected. I was a little mad on the run of Usos vs New Day because it was such a good match but that was a top notch beat down. Bludgeon Brothers are good but their gimmick is trash

The six pack challenge was a nice surprise. It was a bit of a spot fest but it told a damn good story. Also guess we get Shane/Owens/Zayn at Mania

I'm honestly curious now what they are going to do with Cena. They can just let him host Mania like the did with New Day.

Also my man Rusev deserves a match at Mania and not to just be thrown in the Andre the Giant Battle Royale. Rusev Day is too over at this point to not have its own thing at Mania

17. Dave2000

I was a bit surprised at the PPV, they gave a damn fine show, far better than it was advertised.

Agree on the tag match, could've been so much better, and curious what they are doing with the Xavier Woods angle with his "spinal" injury.

Rusev/Nakamura match was great, great spots where Rusev look like he was going to get the win. Nothing can beat his WM of entering his Cena match if a freaking tank but, i agree, he should get a high profile match at WM, I'd rather have him the US title picture than Jinder.

Main event was a spot fest but every did their part well. Dolph was the real MVP of the match selling everything that was thrown to him, especially when he took the bullfrog splash from KO seconds after Cena's finisher, that was impressive. I'm still thinking it's going to be Cena/UT. Nice swerve with the internet of the rumored Dolph/Shane match, probably a triple threat match now with Shane, or KO/Sami vs Shane/Mystery Partner.

WM34 is going to be a fun card. Lots of multiple man/woman matches galore, but that's what happens when you have so many superstars to fill a 5+ hour show.

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

LOL. Taker’s coming back

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’m into this card

AJ/Nak
    Charlotte/Asuka
    Miz/Rollins/Balor
    Orton/Roode/Jinder
    Usos/New Day/Bludgeon Brothers
    The Bar vs Good Bros and/or Revival
    Sami/KO
    Alexa/Nia
    Bayley/Sasha
    Cruiserweight Title Tourney Finals (Roderick Strong vs. Anyone, please)

These could be solid too good:
    Cena/Taker (final match)
    Lesnar/Reigns
    Hardy/Wyatt-Final Deletion
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal

20. buffalobills!!!

Braun and Elias/Big Show vs The Bar