1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

You ain't kidding. 2017 rumble was okay but last night was literally one of the best rumbles that I can remember.

edwardc likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting that y'all liked the Rumble so much. I thought it had a GREAT men's rumble but was otherwise unremarkable.

It was bizarre how Daniel Bryan didn't come out after the ref mistake. Has all this Shane/Bryan tension been for nothing? Probably, yes. The match overall was good though, but not one I feel the need to rewatch.

Unfortunately missed most of the Usos title match but it was probably good cuz Usos always show up for PPVs.

Raw tag title match went just as you'd expect. It wasn't bad but that was more of a TV caliber match than a PPV caliber match.

Universal title match wasn't good.

Women's rumble was ok. Some did great (Sasha) but others not so much. Trish Stratus's plastic surgery is disturbing. The way the introduced Rousey was very lame. I guess she's going to be like Roddy Piper because... things. Stephanie on commentary is a bad idea. It's almost like she's never seen a wrestling match before.

I mean it wasn't bad but if we're comparing it to last year's Rumble then it had nothing even close to the Cena/AJ match. That was a MOTY candidate and stayed that way throughout the year.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Cena/AJ match last year was amazing but that was it, Roman/KO match was good, while the rest was mediocre at best, plus Vince trolling us with Roman being 30 left a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

Outside of the Raw Tag titles, the rest of the card was great. Men's rumble was great with Rey's return and loved how Cien and Cole showed up, even made them long strong with their outing. Women's was mostly nostalgic but Sasha gave us a great showing with even some heel tease in her. I wish Lita lasted long enough to have interaction with Trish but didn't happen. The Rousey appearance at the end was weird, mostly crapped over Asuka's moment.

#6083 Dave2000, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I mean... we got trolled with both Reigns and Cena this year. Whether they came in at 30 or not, they were used for the same purpose as Reigns last year.

Also is Rey really returning or was that just a one time thing?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By far the best part of the Rumble

[​IMG]

Dave2000 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  6. buffalobills!!!

STAY IN THE BACK

7. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

For the record, those "things" are: she's been a Roddy Piper fan her whole life, has been vocal about it, asked for Roddy Piper's blessing to use the "Rowdy" moniker when he was still alive, got it, and then used it in UFC for most of her career there, and was given one of Piper's jackets to wear, which she did last night.

In case anyone was wondering.

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

DUDLEY BOYZ HOF!

Also WWE signed back the Coach!

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. Dave2000

Roman at least announced he was going to be in the Rumble, Cena didn't but pretty sure he was going to be in it.

I hear Rey is a one shot deal but still in negotiations, he doesn't want a full time role, and the pop yesterday, WWE may give him his wishes. Kind of like Goldust a few years back where he showed up for Royal Rumble for a one shot deal, but signed him after the pop he got.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks! Yeah I actually googled it myself to see what the deal was and read all that. Thought about coming here and edit it out of my post but was too lazy to do so. I prefer to let my ignorance be on display.

DBrunk01 and Dave2000 like this.
  11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I enjoyed it overall but was kind of irked that nothing became of the Zayn/KO dispute though they talked to Shane about it.
    Also maybe it was just me but did Kofi botch his annual out but not out bit? It looked like in one shot it was his right foot that touched and and then it switched. I was glad with the random folks they had. I was more enjoying seeing some of the old school folks in the womens rumble like Molly Holly, Lita and Trish.

Oh but Stephanie should never ever be on the mic again doing a match. She was beyond horrible. One thing that intrigued me is that they mentioned Chyna in the RAW 25th show and again last night. Is she no longer black listed by the wwf? I mean she did p*rn and then tragically died. I mean I heard nothing about Sable last night even though Sable did a lot to push forward the womens division as well. I dont know if there is something against Sable or not now.

buffalobills!!! and Dave2000 like this.
  12. Dave2000

Yea, they've been mentioning Chyna more ever since her death. I'm sure she'll be in the HOF within the next 5 years. Good call on the Sable reference, none mentioned and is even married to their Universal Champion....

Can't stress enough how hot Torrie Wilson looked last night and Raw 25, everybody liked Trish in the Attitude era, not hating on that, but always was a #TorrieWilsonGuy

#6092 Dave2000, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I thought Molly Holly was the most impressive of the legends. That hurricanarana was better than ever

buffalobills!!! and Dave2000 like this.
  14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Seriously why the f*** do you have Finn fed to Cena after such an impressive showing at the Rumble, Cena doesn’t need the Chamber match. Bunch of crap.

Dave2000 likes this.
  15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Finn would be the best competitor inside. Roman Reigns is gonna win it and I’ll be sure and skip over Lesnar/Reigns at WM.

I think the women’s will be much better. Alexa defending the title against Sasha, Bayley, Nia, Sonya? & Ronda Rousey

16. SuraGotMadHops

Yeah I don't understand this either, they fed Balor to Kane too just after he had put up a hell of a ppv performance right before. Just doesn't make sense. Also, after all the haggling with getting the Broken gimmick back for Matt Hardy, he's relegated to jobber status.

17. Dave2000

Yea, I just don't understand with Finn, maybe they are just burying him to midcard status since I hear he may do a program with Miz at WM which I would be all over for.

I'm ok with Hardy jobbing since it was for Wyatt and Elias.

I walk with Elias btw, he's been awesome since his call up, probably the best one called up in 2017

18. VanityHalfBlack

So no mentioned of Cien Almas putting in the work in the rumble? Dude was awesome in it. Again might be one of the best rumbles of the 2010s. I think Finn is going to play a major major part in mania. He's going to turn heel eventually. When he does, watch out!

Dave2000 likes this.
  19. Dave2000

I gave him and Cole props as the surprise NXT entrances, they did great, hell Rey got booed after he eliminated Cole, lol

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Almas was probably the MVP of WWE's weekend programming. Dude had a amazing title match with Gargano, and then went on to be great in the men's Rumble.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.