1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

But the thing is people saying they are booing his booking are just making stuff up now cause I mean he has definitely been moved down from the top spot on the card for the past few months and they aren't just shoving him down our throats like people like to say... I mean what do you want him to just lose every match and be Curt Hawkins or something?

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nah, this entire Shield reunion was done just so Reigns would get cheers.

I don't dislike the guy or the character. I like that he put Strowman over, for example, in both wins and losses. But it's hard to not see through this Shield reunion for what it really is. It just cheapens Rollins and Ambrose, but whatever I've accepted it. Just like I accept that he has the intercontinental title - but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

But like who cares the shield is awesome? I get you don't have to like it but it's pro wrestling man of course babyfaces are going to do to baby face things when the company wants them cheered... you can look thru everything and see it for what it really is but I just don't see the point of being a fan at that point.

And by no means have I ever been a Roman fan... just nothing about him excites me but it's gotten to the point where the fans are just booing just to put themselves over.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

And whether people want to admit it or not the shield reunion has helped Abrose and Rollins much more than Reigns... they we're the ones that we're losing momentum.

Ever since Ambrose lost the world title after his AJ feud his programs have been rather boring and Rollins hasn't been able to recapture what he was when he was a Heel with the belt like two years ago.

So you can say that they did this to get Reigns cheered but I would argue Ambrose and Rollins needed this much more.

@Haymitch

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well I guess we'll just disagree. To me, it's possible to be a fan of something and not like everything about it. Me thinking to myself at home, "dang, I wish Roman wouldn't have won that" wasn't me trying to put myself over. It was just me thinking that dang here they go giving Roman a title just cuz.

I mean the titles are just props. But Roman doesn't need this prop. Anyway, it's all good. I'm not upset or anything. I'd just rather the title have gone to someone else, and I think it's ok to have an opinion that differs from WWE creative.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The cities for next year's ppvs were released, and the closest we'll get is Extreme Rules in San Antonio. I'm disappointed because I thought the crowds were hot for the weekend and what I caught on TV for Raw/SDL. Especially when the Monday and more so the Tuesday show lacked a lot of starpower. No Randy/Shinsuke/Roode and the best we got from AJ was a minute of action, despite a great promo. Shane even saying he's taking the night off early on felt like this would have been such a waste of money to attend.

7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Seemed to me that he was still getting booed? People cheered the entrance and then booed him anyway when he was wrestling. At very least, it was a more subdued response compared to when the Shield was a new thing and people actually did kind of like Roman. He's definitely still getting booed when he takes the title from Brock at Wrestlemania...

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch (don't have cable); I was just going off the recap on f4wrestling's site.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

was a bit disappointed that we are not getting one especially since they have more PPVs now, with some months getting 2 a month, places like Boston, Orlando, LA are guaranteed getting at least 1 PPV a year

At the rate it's been past 20+ years, we get a PPV every 2 years, with the exception of WM25 in '09 and TLC Dec '10, the next after that was TLC Dec '13

If the card is good enough for SA, may make the trip down there, I'm planning with a friend of mine to go to Money in the Bank in June since it's a co-branded PPV now and never been to Chicago, good excuse to go.

10. Dave2000

this was the best promo on Raw in a long time......

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Your tweet isn’t working. Is it the Hardy/Bray promo?!

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

WOKEN!!!

DELETE DELETE DELETE

DudeWah likes this.
  13. Dave2000

Weird, yup it was, loved it

DudeWah likes this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

I would like to see War Games at Mania and the coming out of AOP

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Yeah they aren’t putting two rings together at a WM

16. body slam

body slam Member

Any of you keeping up with the Briscoe Brother and Bully Ray stuff in ROH. This has to be one of the best things I've seen in wrestling in awhile.

17. body slam

body slam Member

ROW star arrested for murder

from wrestlinginc

Jasper Davis, 29, was arrested and charged with the murder of his girlfriend (Jennifer Nicole Mamo) after getting into a fight at a party. According to the authorities, Davis said the fight occurred because Mamo accused him of flirting with another woman. Davis continued that she went after his gun, which accidentally went off and killed her.

Prosecutors allege that after the murder, Davis dumped her body in a nearby creek, at which point his car got stuck and he called a friend for help. Once the friend got there and saw what happened, he immediately called 911. Authorities went to Mamo's home, finding a 7 month-old child there. This was also the location authorities believe the murder took place. Prosecutors allege Davis then called his father - who helped get the car out - but apparently had no idea about the body.

Davis debuted in 2008 and frequented a number of wrestling promotions around Texas, including Booker T's Reality of Wrestling. There he won the ROW Championship in 2013 and the ROW Tag Team Championship on two occasions, earlier this year.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rich Swann suspended indefinitely for domestic abuse

19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Jericho arrives in New Japan:

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Wow Jericho is the best at going from pooping to see him to immediately hating him.

Haymitch likes this.