1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

On nights where they are booking multiple championship fights like 251, I'd lead with the others. I watched the whole card and loved the other fights, but I know a lot of people, if not most buy the PPV for the main event. That's why it's called 251 Usman VS Masvidal, not just UFC 251.

I'm saying I've never seen Khabib do what Usman did last night, which is to hold onto his opponent with the end goal of holding on just to win the round, Khabib is always hyper-aggressive and constantly advances with ground and pound or submission attempts. I enjoy watching wrestlers fight a lot, but what Usman specifically did for the majority of that particular fight was pretty bad.

I don't know what you are talking about, Aldo was cooked exactly at the 18:06 mark in that video, everything after that was blood on the refs hands. There's a reason everybody, including Dana, was mortified by that stoppage. From what I saw, the ref allowed 1:10 with 60 shots to happen after the fight was clearly 100% over.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Meh, I know many who buy it for the entire card. It's called Usman vs Masvidal...because those are the headliners but when there are two other belts on the line and those fights are also printed on the event poster then one would figure people are also and would be also equally interested in those cards.

I agree...hence my saying Khabib is a better and more exciting version of him. Usman is different but if you've watched him before then you know what to expect when he is fighting a better standup fighter. If you haven't then I guess
    [​IMG]

Oh I also agree that it was over at that point. Aldo was done by then...BUT he was defending aka adjusting position and blocking the shots. It's stupid but it is technically defending. Aldo and his corner are the ones that prevented/delayed an earlier stoppage. The ref did what he was supposed to do. There's zero blood on that refs hands, that's laughable. It's not his fault if corners refuse to learn to throw in the towel. Aldo was done for sure but I'd blame the corner and Aldo before I blame the ref...and I get that the majority feel differently about that. All good.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Usman's last fight was pretty exciting -- late fight replacements seem to make some guys retreat to their safe zone.

ferrari77 likes this.
  4. Chamillionaire

Uh...yeah. Just boring AF. I understand why he did it. I think everyone does. Yes, I've seen him fight. I've seen every fight since he was in Ultimate Fighter. He didn't want to stand with Jorge because he was getting tagged so he decided to wrestle him for 5 rounds. Great strategy. He won. Still boring AF.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Intense fight, this giant tank version of Peter Yan is legit. Only mistake he made was easing up his defense at the end of the fight, got cocky, kept his hands down, and got caught with a lot of shots. Call me a Fiziev fan.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

****ing ruthless.

T for 3 likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought Joe was dead for a moment there...man he got demolished in that fight.

T for 3 likes this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I wanna see Figueiredo fight at bantamweight. He and Petr Yan would be an unreal fight. That was one hell of a beat down!

Also, maybe he could coax Cejudo out of retirement....

9. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

missed the fights last night but looks like some good results.

Looking forward to Adesanya v Paulo Costa at 253!

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Chimaev is scary. 2 fights in 10 days, took zero punches, only 26.

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

Khabib beard FTW.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lookin like ABE.

[​IMG]

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

Abe had mad ground game.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

I had no idea AG unretired and moved to HW.

16. KingCheetah

lol re-retired chubby AG

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gustafsson, Nogueria, Werdum, Rua on a main card??

[​IMG]

tmoney1101 and KingCheetah like this.
  18. KingCheetah

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

ryan_98 likes this.