1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do think they'll do a Brock vs Bones match but I'm not sure that would be a good fight but it would have an exciting finish. Either Bones wins by KO, or Lesnar absolutely crushes Bones. There's really no 3rd option.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think the fight would be quick with a devastating finish. It's not a fight I care about really as I don't think there's anything to learn from it, but it would draw a big number I think.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it would be the classic size vs technique bout that we used to see early in the UFC before weight classes existed. Sometimes sheer size wins out, sometimes skill won out. I agree though that in this case it would be over quick with a devastating finish.....but If I'm Jones, I try to get the match going as long as possible by running away from Lesnar in order to tire him out. When he's gassed, and it wouldn't take long, you capitalize and knock his ass out.

4. justtxyank

Right, what I mean is that you don't learn anything in that if Brock wins it will simply be because he's too big and if Jones wins it will just confirm what we already know; he's a great fighter and Brock is just big.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, but I think the goal would be to show that Jones can go up a weight class and still dominate. Basically it would be him taking a page out of Conor McGregor's book.

6. justtxyank

I just don't think Brock is proof of that. He's a basically retired aging fighter who got smoked by heavyweights who could stand and bang with him. The only guy he beat recently was a one dimensional striker and he failed a drug test right after.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Nate Diaz wasn't really proof of it either, he was pretty far down the ranks before he beat Conor. Same goes for Lesnar. Your first fight in the new weight class won't be against a top guy, it'll be against someone pretty far down the ranks that makes for the most interesting proof of concept trial run. If Jones can handle Brock, then maybe he moves up and faces someone better.

For the record, I still think Conor gets destroyed if he ever goes against Khabib Nurmagomedov, the UFC has been dodging that fight in order to build up Conor, but I would think eventually they'd have to have it. I think they'd do something similar to build up Jones. They'd hand pick the heavyweights he has the best chance against and dodge the heavyweights he'd struggle most against.

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Woodley is demanding an apology from dana or hes gonna "start leaking some **** that people dont want to get out"

#2048 RocketsTruth, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Woodley fought injured and he fought scared (understandably so) and he caught sh*t for it....he's gotta expect that when he shatters the record for fewest punches thrown in a 5 round fight given that he's a fighter who is known for his stand up game. One thing is certain, whining like a b**** about the fans giving him sh*t isn't the way to gain respect. Instead he should go out and put on a show the next time he fights rather than playing it safe and you'll get that respect.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jones wouldn't weigh that much less than Cain (230ish) -- Lesnar doesn't like getting hit and John would beat him up like Velasquez.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

12. Fantasma Negro

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do they do a final test after the fight and that's the one that he failed?

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He can still fight Lesnar, now it'll just be scripted and include him getting german suplexed 10 times.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jones better st smoking crack than hiding his roids.

LOSER!

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's so brutal. At least Cormier can feel better now knowing that his only losses came to a cheater.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

didn't Cormier cheat on a weigh in?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Off to Rizin.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno, I saw that but I don't think there is much to it. Either way, him potentially being a pound over wouldn't really affect the fight.