1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are Pretty Good Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Guys, this clip shows me that if we REALLY want to win a 'ship this season - we must have the #1 seed.

Can it be done without top seed? Sure, but it's going to be much tougher

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wow. That 2nd unit starting would probably generate a better record then the lower third of teams right now. Talk about depth.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i watched a lot of old plaoyffs gamese these days...we would have killed those mj bulls teams by 3 points barrage...not only we would win we would have blown them out of the building each time

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes. That’s where analytics work. Put players in a place where they feel comfortable and excel without compromising
    your team scheme....if possible.

D-rock, hakeem94 and Deuce like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jordan and company would not have been able to contain the pick and roll with Harden running it. Jordan would have tried to come over the screen and Harden would have been at the rim. There is no way Luc Longley or Cartwright would have been able to contain Harden.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. CertifiedTroll

You are a machine. I respect the amount of troll you radiate. *respectful fedora tip*

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Well back in the day, hand/forearm checking was legal, and you could play much more physical perimeter and interior defense. I don't think you can really compare eras and say with confidence we'd have torched them, it's too different.

I don't think modern teams could handle the brutal defense of the old-time Knicks/Pistons...

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, Plowman and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you kidding me, harden has no problem with physicality handchecking would have made him even better defender...

hes also GOAT of adapting to rules ...(he hes proven record of adam silver not being able to contain him...let alone players of opposing teams)
    as well as cp3 they are smartest 2 mfers to ball ever..their bbiq is through the roof

the 'brutal defenses' would have capitulated in the face of 3pt barrages...2 vs 3 its simply not fair

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Has bit of extra commentary compared to clip on p1 of this thread.

D-rock, don grahamleone and Soneca like this.
  13. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

This is the most stacked rockets team in my 23 years of following rockets.. We are more stacked then the 2008 team.. also the talent we are getting makes sense around the system we run, we are not getting random players.. Gerald Green would be cancerous to most teams.. he has been awesome as a rocket.. I think Joe Johnson will definitely have a mini renaissance and will make the most of his 15 minutes as will Brandon Wright.. Outside of Paul, Harden and Capela.. all of our players can be replaced in case of God Forbid injury.. Ariza and Luc are interchangeable... Nene and Wright can both run center.. Ryan can be replaced by Joe Johnson, Green, Johnson can make up for any minutes missed by Eric gordon.. This team is way too deep and they are all really awesome shooters.. Joe Johnson is a career 38% shooter.

14. Soneca

Soneca Member

I like the way they keep mentioning the 28-1 record with our big three, but no one mentions that one loss. Man, that game against the Pels, we were beat, we couldn't hit anything and they couldn't miss. The run in the end was just unbelievable, similar to many other where we end up winning (the Blazzers game being the first one iirc). We're basically a juggernaut in the 4th quarter with James and Chris playing together. We were one LMM amateur turnover away from beating the Pelicans. That game was even more impressive than several wins this year. No one can know if we'll win it all and the odds are still on Warriors favor, but the '17-18 Rockets must be taken seriously.

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I love how Nick Wright and the other guy (didn't get his name) mentioned boldly how the Warriors during their run these past 3 years have had "TREMENDOUS INJURY" luck with regards to their playoff opponents.

Not making excuses, but fact is fact.

For comparison (converse), let's look at the 94-95 6th seed Rockets Championship team (the lowest seed EVER to win the ring by the way). They TRULY went through a HEALTHY gauntlet as far as I can remember.

The Warriors were/are a historic team COMPOUNDED by major injury luck. It's a bit disgusting the more I think about it now.

It's ok, injuries are part of the game. Rockets....remain healthy....and beat the Warriors en route to a well-deserved ring.

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yep and it's no coincidence the mastermind behind this building of this roster....Daryl Morey. I give him a lot of credit. He's been tirelessly building a contender on the fly since Harden got here. Even with Dwight Howard, that's still a big deal regardless of how it turned out.

Again, I agree, this Rockets team THIS YEAR is ready to win it all. Man we as fans have waited for THE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM to win it all. First it was the Astros' historic season with a historic offense taking down the top 3 payrolls in MLB.

Now, health withstanding (I ALWAYS have to add that because it matters), Rockets have the depth and weapons and 2 Hall of Famers primed to take down the "greatest team ever assembled". Just go out and do it. I believe the Rockets are hungry enough to pull it off...

D-rock likes this.
  17. mikol13

Supporting Member

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I think Kevin Johnson was injured for Phoneix but I don't remember if that was 94 or 95

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Not so sure; Anderson won't be able to see in Game Seven if it's at the Toyota center