1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets interested in JR Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not disagreeing with you, but is there any source whatsoever that says anything remotely close to what you guys are insinuating?

“It’s a known secret” is the type of answer that let’s me think the answer is no and it’s just a sad rumour bitter basketball fans would try to start on the internet.

I believe you if you say that’s what the taxi driver told you but that doesn’t make it a true story. He could be lying, exaggerating. I’m curious about your Instagram model story; there must be an article on the internet if that happened. You say there have been stories out there but I have never ran into a single one. And how many stories have there been about Harden that probably weren’t true? (Assaults at clubs?)

As much as you want to hate Steph (I despised him on the court) he does come off as a genuinely good guy, and I would be shocked if he isn’t in real life.

EDIT: I found one source from The Fumble that said that one model claimed she had proof that he cheated. That seemed to have been shut down rather fast. Could be because she was paid off, it’s possible. But I think Steph has earned the benefit of the doubt over an anonymous source or The Fumble

#121 Zoplicone, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    HP3 likes this.
  2. Dmo

Dmo Member

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hope not.

Isn’t there anyone else available? I know MCW and Chriss are spoken for.....but anyone? Lance Stephenson?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

are we just gonna ignore the fact that J.R. Smith is the key to a championship formula?

5. 1Deep

1Deep Member

This can't be real life.

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Man.. we need SOMETHING.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It most probably is real. Stein is a Rockets hater, being a Mavs man. However, he is fairly reliable.

8. saleem

It's unlikely that he is going to be traded to the Rockets.

9. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I would rather keep Knight than trade him plus a pick for JR Smith.
    There has to be a better deal out there than that.
    If there isn't one, we should just tank and keep our pick.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Getting JR only made sense before the "aggregation date." Now? not so much.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets asked about JR's availability in a trade in terms of what it would cost.....not for THEM but to be used as a piece in a THREE team deal. Just assessing pieces. JR isn't a solution for Houston as a player just as a 3 team piece.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

alethios, TMac'n and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Lose a pick, gain JR Smith? That seems like a really awful idea. This team is a soap opera now. It’s hard to watch.

saleem likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Almost every time the Rox are interested in a player, I tell myself I should not be.

It has boiled down to this.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure that it amounts to, "No! Don't get Smith!" He can correct me if I have it wrong. You can add several more from me, regardless. No! Don't get J.R. Smith!

saleem and ROXTXIA like this.
  16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nick Young and JR Smith would bring pretty much the same strengths/minuses and the former could have been had for much less.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He's not worth a first, but absent other options, his contract still holds value this offseason.

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

most of the conservations that steph had with those models were posted and then deleted right after from their account. nothing's proven and perhaps he's innocent but i'd imagine someone from steph's camp would've asked for it to be taken down.

not saying that steph is a bad dude. but that wholesome down to earth christian image that he portrays himself as is anything but the truth. i don't know.. there's just something about him that's just so fake. both on and off the court.

can't compare harden to steph bc he's 29 yrs old and single, no kids, and with millions to burn. he's also more of a gym rat than steph. harden really fits the work hard play hard mold. harden also doesn't go about writing bible verses on his shoes the way steph does. and harden isn't apologetic for his actions and he doesn't need to be because he really doesn't give a crap what people think of him. and he really does just as much if not more in the community as steph.

anyhow, sorry to derail the thread. this is about jr smith. .. i guess what i wanted to say was.. even with jr's numerous glaring faults.. at least he's comfortable in his own skin and he just seems like an athlete who's easier to relate to. his struggles are more evident and when he is able to overcome them and then reveal his inner emotions - like when he was talking about his family and his struggles the way he did in 2016 after winning the nba finals or when his daughter was born premature and almost didn't make it... it's just easier to root for the guy than someone like steph

BamBam and Zoplicone like this.
  20. saleem

How so? Please explain this to me. Harden's and CP3's contracts are huge cap wise. I'm not advocating to move them by any means though.