1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The press secretary...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 20, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... it has become clear that she deserves her own thread...

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL This lady... just brazen BS on a 24/7 basis.

The BEST people. Some people say the greatest people, just great or as I call them... great.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would not pull out.

edwardc, B@ffled, tinman and 2 others like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Don’t understand the whole point of press secretary briefings in the first place these days.

the president is on Twitter, tv, etc all the time.

this isn’t 1970.

why do we need press briefings to ask someone else what the president said or thinks??

We know what he says and thinks.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I sure wish Fred Trump would have...

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which is why Trump hired her. Her debate skills are halfway decent because she was a CNN debater who has experience countering people like Van Jones who are pretty sharp. Sharper than the msm folks asking her questions she can easily just pivot from and not make sense and cut them off and move to OAN for a softball.

But that’s not why he hired her and we all know that. On her looks though this is exactly what an old pervert would think everyone else would want to fantasize about all day long and I find nothing about her attractive. There’s nothing real about her and that carry’s over to her looks. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors and you just know it when you see it because it’s real and the woman or man doesn’t have to try so hard to make it happen.

So no I wouldn’t put in the first place. If I saw her at the bar I’d walk right past her and not notice a thing.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I don't care what her political affiliations are...forget that bullshit, I'm tapping that.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was going to respond in a similar way, but I was going to say something slightly different.

Trump know exactly what he's doing. He knows his base cares tons about looks and perceptions. A great deal. And @Astrodome comments are exactly why Trump knows how to pander to his base, no matter how facetious they may be. He knows how to play these people like a fiddle.

edwardc, BmwM3, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Trump, for whatever reason, likes to put out multiple narratives spun in different ways at the same time. You get one angle on Twitter, another when he addresses the nation, another at these briefings, and another during his Fox News sit downs.

edwardc, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its not even really her looks (though I am sure with trump it helped). All trump supporters care about is her "owning the libs", in this case, the press. So if she says something flip or nasty to a reporter, she "wins".

Not when provides accurate or useful information to the American people. Or what she originally claimed in her first press conference ("I will never lie to you"... which of course, was a lie in itself).

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Way too much batshit crazy in her eyes to even consider tapping. That is one of life’s lessons. Leave the batshit crazy women for the truly desperate.

12. dobro1229

You know how they say that Trump is what poor people think rich people are like? It’s sort like that but what old perverts who haven’t been laid in 20 years think is attractive.

I’m a red blooded dude just like every other one who has plenty of dude conversations with other dudes about chicks. I don’t know what it is about the older guys who are always the ones to start interjecting about the girl over at that one table who looks like she’s 12. I’ll never get it with old pervy dudes.

So it should be shocking to no one that Trumps base thinks she’s a Greek goddess I guess. I hate to sound like I’m Gods gift to women or anything but I honestly just wouldn’t spend a second thinking that’s someone I want to go over and meet and maybe hook up with but I know plenty of older pervs that would turn the conversion into a Joe Rogan podcast if she walked by.

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Oh, I'm not saying that she's not attractive. She is. She's not the most attractive person ever, though. And for what it's worth, I'm a big Joe Rogan fan. I tend to avoid listening to his shows with comedians but I love when he has scholars, and experts in their subjects on. Even people like Jocko Willink are great to listen to on there.

My point is that Trump knows he can package a twisted message behind a pretty package, and that most of the time, the substance gets overlooked by his base.

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dumb bimbo

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/kayleigh-mcenany-trump-2015/index.html

New White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was a harsh critic of then-candidate Donald Trump before she became a fierce advocate for him, including calling comments he made about Mexican immigrants in 2015 "racist."

Before becoming a prominent pro-Trump commentator during his first campaign, McEnany said it was "unfortunate" and "inauthentic" to call him a Republican.

In 2015, McEnany was particularly critical of statements Trump made while announcing his campaign, in which he said Mexico was sending immigrants to the US who were "rapists" and bringing drugs and crime to the country. Trump added that "some, I assume, are good people."

"To me, a racist statement is a racist statement. I don't like what Donald Trump said," she said in an exchange on CNN in late June 2015, in which she compared his remarks to comments about Jewish people made by the Rev. Al Sharpton in the 1990s.

McEnany added that Trump's comments were "derogatory" and as "equally hateful" as Sharpton's.

"Donald Trump has shown himself to be a showman, I don't think he is a serious candidate," she added. "I think it is a sideshow. It's not within the mainstream of the candidates."

McEnany attributed her past comments to "watching CNN" and "naively believing some of the headlines" during the first four weeks of the 2016 presidential election.

"I very quickly came around and supported the President," she said.

During an appearance as a commentator on Fox Business' "Kennedy" on June 23, 2015, McEnany criticized Trump's rhetoric saying he didn't deserve to be polling second in New Hampshire.

"Donald Trump is number two and doesn't deserve to be there," McEnany said.

"I appreciate his boldness and I think some of his rhetoric got the base excited, but it is not welcome rhetoric," she said. "Some of the things we heard in his speech when he said, when Mexico sends people across the border, they're sending criminals and rapists and maybe some good people. Look, the GOP doesn't need to be turning away voters and isolating them. We need to be bringing them into the tent. Donald Trump is the last person who's going to do that."

McEnany added Trump was hitting at a "real problem" with a "porous border," but also said his comments were wrong.

"I want to make clear, I don't support what Donald Trump said," she added. "I think he said something very unartful, very inappropriate."

McEnany said Republicans wanted border security, but did not support deporting undocumented immigrants.

"I think the mainstream Republican does not want to send the illegal immigrant back to Mexico. I think that they're here to stay, that's not the American way. We're not going to ship people across the border. There has to be some path to citizenship. So, in that sense, I don't think Donald Trump is consistent with mainstream Republicans. There's going to be a path."

A day later on CNN, McEnany called Trump "a Republican in name only" who needed to apologize for his comments.

"That's the problem with Donald Trump is he can't apologize for his own statement. And not apologizing, he's losing credibility on what is a credible issue.

"I don't want to claim this guy," she added. "Donald Trump, if we're going to be honest, is a progressive. He supports eminent domain. He supported tax increases before. He's donated 300,000 to Democratic candidates. So, the fact that the Republican Party is now having to claim him, is both unfortunate, and to me, inauthentic. Because this is not a true Republican candidate. And the fact that he's being portrayed as such in media is troublesome and not accurate."

By July 2015 and continuing through the fall, McEnany's rhetoric on Trump began to shift, as Trump continued to lead in primary polling.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh not sure about that. She reminds me a lot of the girls me and the other college athletes used to run trains on. Best come protected brother. She is the type to say how terrible or disgusting someone is one day and then suck them off the next.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

17. adoo

adoo Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/kayleigh-mcenany-trump-2015/index.html

New White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was a harsh critic of then-candidate Donald Trump before she became a fierce advocate for him, including calling comments he made about Mexican immigrants in 2015 "racist."

Before becoming a prominent pro-Trump commentator during his first campaign, McEnany said it was "unfortunate" and "inauthentic" to call him a Republican.

In 2015, McEnany was particularly critical of statements Trump made while announcing his campaign, in which he said Mexico was sending immigrants to the US who were "rapists" and bringing drugs and crime to the country. Trump added that "some, I assume, are good people."

"To me, a racist statement is a racist statement. I don't like what Donald Trump said," she said in an exchange on CNN in late June 2015, in which she compared his remarks to comments about Jewish people made by the Rev. Al Sharpton in the 1990s.

McEnany added that Trump's comments were "derogatory" and as "equally hateful" as Sharpton's.

"Donald Trump has shown himself to be a showman, I don't think he is a serious candidate," she added. "I think it is a sideshow. It's not within the mainstream of the candidates."

McEnany attributed her past comments to "watching CNN" and "naively believing some of the headlines" during the first four weeks of the 2016 presidential election.

"I very quickly came around and supported the President," she said.

During an appearance as a commentator on Fox Business' "Kennedy" on June 23, 2015, McEnany criticized Trump's rhetoric saying he didn't deserve to be polling second in New Hampshire.

"Donald Trump is number two and doesn't deserve to be there," McEnany said.

"I appreciate his boldness and I think some of his rhetoric got the base excited, but it is not welcome rhetoric," she said. "Some of the things we heard in his speech when he said, when Mexico sends people across the border, they're sending criminals and rapists and maybe some good people. Look, the GOP doesn't need to be turning away voters and isolating them. We need to be bringing them into the tent. Donald Trump is the last person who's going to do that."

McEnany added Trump was hitting at a "real problem" with a "porous border," but also said his comments were wrong.

"I want to make clear, I don't support what Donald Trump said," she added. "I think he said something very unartful, very inappropriate."

McEnany said Republicans wanted border security, but did not support deporting undocumented immigrants.

"I think the mainstream Republican does not want to send the illegal immigrant back to Mexico. I think that they're here to stay, that's not the American way. We're not going to ship people across the border. There has to be some path to citizenship. So, in that sense, I don't think Donald Trump is consistent with mainstream Republicans. There's going to be a path."

A day later on CNN, McEnany called Trump "a Republican in name only" who needed to apologize for his comments.

"That's the problem with Donald Trump is he can't apologize for his own statement. And not apologizing, he's losing credibility on what is a credible issue.

"I don't want to claim this guy," she added. "Donald Trump, if we're going to be honest, is a progressive. He supports eminent domain. He supported tax increases before. He's donated 300,000 to Democratic candidates. So, the fact that the Republican Party is now having to claim him, is both unfortunate, and to me, inauthentic. Because this is not a true Republican candidate. And the fact that he's being portrayed as such in media is troublesome and not accurate."

By July 2015 and continuing through the fall, McEnany's rhetoric on Trump began to shift, as Trump continued to lead in primary polling.
    [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

whag00 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

I meant Rogan Podcasty in the sense of like when he’s shooting the breeze talking bro talk. Nothing wrong with bro talk since again I’m a red blooded male myself and enjoy shooting the sh$t talking about whatever people talk about. It’s actually a good podcast I might add but a lot of the times the veil gets lifted that some of Rogans friends and Rogan himself are actually pretty sh$tty people. But in this place in time in our culture Rogan sort of epitomizes bro culture for better or worse. Sometimes enlightening, sometimes revolting. Often entertaining.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

She is thread worthy but then after hearing her speak a few times I was pretty much done listening to her.

I think if we are calling it a chess checkers move by trump its absolutely brilliant because no one can stand listening to her.

I don't tune in.. she is good for a screw up that makes the headlines every few days...and I will listen then but preferably read.

Besides her voice being nails on chalkboard I am not down with her snarky commentary and she always is talking down to everyone. She sucks. Im not sure what message she is trying to convey but it condescending b**** is confusing. Im convinced the goal is some sort of weird sidekick trump foil in this dark comedy.

I think its a bit disingenuous to talk smack on trump being misogynistic when talking crudely about this woman in the same breath.

Its tough to not go there though since she says verifiable lies like she is smart and know its horse sh*it... and it does make her look like a ditzy know it all. No one can get into that..

while im there she reminds me of the type of chick that is incapable of orgasm.
    I knew girls like her in college we would pass around when no other options. Mostly fun when drunk and talking **** like she does.... all the while guys putting cigarettes out on her finally shutting her up via fellatio

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

i just... I mean...

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and IBTL like this.