1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The police murder of Daniel Shaver

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yeah except Im not going to pretend I could do a cop's job better under pressure like some around here. I did not suggest if the person in this incident was a criminal, he would have deserved it...and you know this. There are some of you who would compare this brutal murder to other examples like Ferguson.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know for a fact that I could have done this cop's job better under those exact circumstances than he did. Now that doesn't mean that just anyone would have done a better job, but I think it's fair to say that this cop was looking to shoot someone judging by his words, actions, and evidence like what he had written on his rifle.

His intentions were finding an excuse to shoot rather than having his intentions be to cuff the kid, something he could have just walked up to him and done while his hands were on his head with his fingers crossed and he was flat on his stomach with his legs crossed. Now sure, maybe the kid could have screwed things up by not cooperating at that point, but that's not really what happened.

This was the best example of a bad cop since that cop that just got sentenced to 20 years.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not referring to this incident as I stated this was a case of murder.

edwardc likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Poorly trained cops are a menace to our society.

Invisible Fan, Bobbythegreat and Nook like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never thought it was police protocol to make someone crawl towards them. Seems pretty stupid.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

One of the more disturbing things I've seen in quite a while... It makes you wonder what kind of pressure the jury might have been feeling to find not guilty on all charges.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again...you are a ****ing bigot.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL and you base that hilarious accusation on what little guy?

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If not for body cam...

Need independent police oversight and automatic investigation into all police shootings. Need higher standard, and better pay.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

acceptance of bad and poorly trained cops by not doing anything about it is a menace to society

edwardc likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

SMH this is not the first time this has happen to someone that was white since you want to bring color into it. You will get it soon enough that it's not about color its about the injustice of cops not being found guilty of killing people unarmed and with there hands up or by there sides.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This happened nearly a year ago and still very few people have ever heard about it. Take a totally illegitimate example involving a black man such as with Micheal Brown and the whole country hears about it happening almost immediately. That was my point.

You'll hear about dozens of what amount to lies become national stories while almost never hearing about legitimate examples of injustice when they don't advance the right narratives.

cml750 likes this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Please stop making it about color injustice is injustice yeah it may happens more to black and brown if some said it does but a bad killing by a cop is still a bad killing by a cop.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He had him on his knees with his fingers interlocked. Walk your lazy was down there and cuff him for Christs sake.

edwardc likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not the one making it about skin color, those who pimp out the narratives make it about skin color. Again if this kid was black, we'd have been hearing about this case for nearly a year now and there would be all manner of protests. Instead, the color of his skin doesn't work with the narrative so most people still haven't heard about it despite the fact that it's probably the worst example of injustice in the past several years.

Those who pretend to care about injustice believe that only certain lives matter and that's obvious by their selective outrage.

cml750 likes this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Well i keep saying it's not about color those that haven't got it yet won't because there blinded by there own miss judgement.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

*their

The outcomes aren't about race the cop in this case was looking to shoot someone no matter what they looked like, but the reaction to the incidents are 100% about race. That's my point.

cml750 likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Well for me it's about what the real issue is bad cops.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's what leads to the negative outcomes quite often, sure. I'm talking about the reaction to the incidents.